The Grandfather Question  

147 members have voted

1. 1. The Grandfather Question

• Platinum to Stay Platinum
    • Gold to Stay Gold (not dpwn to Red)
    • Milestone to Diamond
    • All of the above
    • I don't care

Although the "New and Improved" VIFP Club was just leaked there has been no definitive word on "Grandfathering" on any level, so please vote.

You didn't give an option for milestone other than to diamond....do we go back to platinum?

Milestone with the 25%, 50%, etc. OBC for the specific numbered cruises is a different program and that is not scheduled to change. Currently there are no perks for Milestone cruisers other than the OBC but the perks are the same as Platinum. Diamond is a completely new category with no current equivalent. I would assume you need 200 days to be considered Diamond.

Although the "New and Improved" VIFP Club was just leaked there has been no definitive word on "Grandfathering" on any level, so please vote.

I wasn't certain if the vote was for "what you think it will be" or for "what you think it should be" . . . so I didn't/couldn't vote. Sorry.

You didn't give an option for milestone other than to diamond....do we go back to platinum?

Popsec: My personal guess it that quite a number of current Platinum Milestone Rewards passengers are going to be affected, and perhaps disappointed/outraged.

The current white cards list the passenger as Platinum, but with a Milestone Rewards insignia. Other than the color of the card, and the OBC offered with every 25th sailing, there isn't any additional reward.

Following the trend over the past few days, I will assume that CCL will base the new program on existing titles and days at sea. Therefore, the current Platinum Milestone Rewards members with less than 200 days will still see the insignia (and still receive the 25/75/100 benefit), but find themselves in the Platinum category for future benefits offered . . . meaning limited laundry and non-guaranteed dining times, and no free meals, etc.

Again, just one person's (me) guess.

Blue, first time cruiser, Red 2 to 24days, Gold, 25 to 74 days, Platinum, 75 to 199 days, Diamond, 200+ days. Milestone 25, 50, 75, 100 is history. Diamond Replaced it with unlimited wash, 1 time cabin upgrade or 3 and 4th guests sail free, 1 time donation to st jude, 1 time comp at the steakhouse, Capt party, VIFP luggage tag. After your first Diamond cruise from there on you get unlimited wash, tags and Capt party for being Diamond the other perks come from the platinum perks. Before we got nothing from 26 to 49 cruises, now I get wash, I don't use, Capt party we don't go to, so Im left with VIFP luggage tags each cruise forever. I guess its better then totally nothing. Just enjoy the cruise and forget about perks with Carnival. If you are already Platinum and don't have the days grandfather it. If your only close NO grandfathering, same with diamond if you were Milestone and don't have the days grandfather it, if your only close NO grandfathering. It also looks like Carnival dosen't care what we think they did it and tough Sh==. What ever we say don't really matter. People will not be happy on both sides of the deal.

i am currently gold, and i want to stay that way. I do not want to be downgrade to red and then have to book and sail 2-3 more cruises just to get GOLD status back considering i can only do one 7 or 8 day cruise a year

How many cruises does it take to be the current gold?

1? or more than that?

under the new vifp program, you will need take about four 7/8 day cruises to go from a first time cruiser to gold. Currently, all you need to do is just take one cruise to become a past guest and into the gold

Popsec: My personal guess it that quite a number of current Platinum Milestone Rewards passengers are going to be affected, and perhaps disappointed/outraged.

The current white cards list the passenger as Platinum, but with a Milestone Rewards insignia.

None of my Milestone cards say anything about Platinum on them. They do have Milestone Rewards on them. Nor do my cruise documents say anything about Platinum.

Archived