Early, late, or flexible dinner seating?

Hi Everyone!

We have a small group going on the Carnival Breeze this December and we are trying to decide on which seating for dinner? We would like to see the shows after dinner. I am unfamiliar with the schedule on Carnival so it is better to have an early dinner or does it matter? Thanks for the help!

I suggest choosing anytime dining. That way, you can plan your meals around show times/activities. However, you probably would be ok if you picked early or late seating, since there are usually 2 showings of each show (one earlier, one later). But I'm not sure if everything repeats. You might end up missing something you want to do. You could always eat at the buffet if there was going to be a conflict.

Since there is a group of you traveling together -- I also would suggest that you opt for the Open Seating. That way each evening you can look over the next day's activities and plan when you want to have dinner.

The main shows -- production, comedians, etc. are done twice each evening.

It probably doesn't really matter. There will be a show to accommodate both set sitting times (early and late).

How large is your group though? Depending on the size, I don't recommend anytime, unless you get there fairly early. There can sometimes be a wait for a table, so even if you planned your meals carefully, things can get thrown off by an unexpected wait. However, you could probably still catch the late show, but that one can conflict with other activities (from my personal experience with Carnival). The main shows are the same, but the comedians do different routines most of the time.

Have a great cruise!

With a group I'd go for a fixed dining time (early or late really doesn't matter--I prefer early myself) unless you plan to be at the anytime dining room there by 6 every night. After that it appears the anytime dining room fills up and larger table may require a longer wait.

Thank you for all your responses!! Our group is pretty small, only 5 of us so I am now leaning toward early, but wanted to get more information before I committed. Flexible seating sounds interesting but I don't know how bad the wait would be if we showed up around 7pm? I will also post on the Carnival board...thanks again for all your suggestions!! Really helpful!

Thank you for all your responses!! Our group is pretty small, only 5 of us so I am now leaning toward early, but wanted to get more information before I committed. Flexible seating sounds interesting but I don't know how bad the wait would be if we showed up around 7pm? I will also post on the Carnival board...thanks again for all your suggestions!! Really helpful!

If varies from sailing to sailing, but 7 is one of the most popular times for ATD and you can have a wait at that time. Everyone that doesn't feel like eating too late or too early shows up at 7.

To minimize the wait time, I would show up after 8 or before 6:30..

If varies from sailing to sailing, but 7 is one of the most popular times for ATD and you can have a wait at that time. Everyone that doesn't feel like eating too late or too early shows up at 7.

To minimize the wait time, I would show up after 8 or before 6:30..

That makes sense...7-7:30 just seems like a perfect time...for everyone, lol.

Ok, so now I need to decide between early seating--6:00pm or open seating. Is the only difference between them the flexibility? Same dining area, same menu, and same service? I like the idea of flexible, but having a set time might be better for our group, so it will make us all commit and have one less decision to make? :confused:

Ok, so now I need to decide between early seating--6:00pm or open seating. Is the only difference between them the flexibility? Same dining area, same menu, and same service? I like the idea of flexible, but having a set time might be better for our group, so it will make us all commit and have one less decision to make? :confused:

With assigned seating, you may be at a table with other passengers. You will have this same table every night, and I believe the same waiters. With anytime, you can just sit with your group, and you will likely have a different table and waiter each night. Otherwise, the rest will be the same.

With assigned seating, you may be at a table with other passengers. You will have this same table every night, and I believe the same waiters. With anytime, you can just sit with your group, and you will likely have a different table and waiter each night. Otherwise, the rest will be the same.

Thanks Anna! I think it would be fun to sit with other passengers! I didn't even think about that aspect. I wonder how large a table we would be placed at for assigned seating? We are a friendly bunch and either would work but I love the idea of getting to know our fellow passengers!

Thanks Anna! I think it would be fun to sit with other passengers! I didn't even think about that aspect. I wonder how large a table we would be placed at for assigned seating? We are a friendly bunch and either would work but I love the idea of getting to know our fellow passengers!

Easy to meet other passengers either way. For anytime, the tables really aren't spread that far apart, so it is easy to talk with other people (as long as the people that you are next to are just as friendly and willing to talk). At a large table, I find it to be more difficult hear to more than 1-2 passengers down though. You will meet people all over the ship though.

We have tried all 3. We do enjoy getting to know new people. Once you get over all the typical ???, how many cruises, which cruises do you like best, what is your favorite ????. We have some really good experience at dinner meeting people. With anytime you get a chance to meet more people. If you do not have a good experience one night than you can meet new people the next. If you come across sopmeone that you really get along with and they are on anytime dining you can always make plans to meet for dining. Although if you have a set dining time you can always have lunch or breakfast and get to meet people.

We did talk to a group that did anytime dining and they said that they always eat as late as posible, they said that you couldn't get anymore service as the waiters are not busy and they help each other out.

Easy to meet other passengers either way. For anytime, the tables really aren't spread that far apart, so it is easy to talk with other people (as long as the people that you are next to are just as friendly and willing to talk). At a large table, I find it to be more difficult hear to more than 1-2 passengers down though. You will meet people all over the ship though.

That is true!! I can't wait!!

We have tried all 3. We do enjoy getting to know new people. Once you get over all the typical ???, how many cruises, which cruises do you like best, what is your favorite ????. We have some really good experience at dinner meeting people. With anytime you get a chance to meet more people. If you do not have a good experience one night than you can meet new people the next. If you come across sopmeone that you really get along with and they are on anytime dining you can always make plans to meet for dining. Although if you have a set dining time you can always have lunch or breakfast and get to meet people.

We did talk to a group that did anytime dining and they said that they always eat as late as posible, they said that you couldn't get anymore service as the waiters are not busy and they help each other out.

I completely agree with you about getting to know new people! I'm sure that we will have a fun, memorable experience no matter what, but since I am kind of in charge of making these decisions for our group, I want to make sure I do the best I can. All of these suggestions have been very helpful!!

Since you have tried all three, what is your favorite?

I completely agree with you about getting to know new people! I'm sure that we will have a fun, memorable experience no matter what, but since I am kind of in charge of making these decisions for our group, I want to make sure I do the best I can. All of these suggestions have been very helpful!!

Since you have tried all three, what is your favorite?

It depends on how many are in our group. If it is just DW and myself I think I enjoy the anytime dining. If we are with a group I guess I would choose the late dining. It also depends how late your group is willing to eat. Late dining, your usually after 10 before you are done eating. If you go to a show afterwards it can be quite late. If you choose early ding than you have to take into considerations of getting back to the ship and getting ready for dinner. All have pros and cons. I enjoy the night life on the ships and usually don't call it a night until at least midnight or later.

It depends on how many are in our group. If it is just DW and myself I think I enjoy the anytime dining. If we are with a group I guess I would choose the late dining. It also depends how late your group is willing to eat. Late dining, your usually after 10 before you are done eating. If you go to a show afterwards it can be quite late. If you choose early ding than you have to take into considerations of getting back to the ship and getting ready for dinner. All have pros and cons. I enjoy the night life on the ships and usually don't call it a night until at least midnight or later.

You and I would make great travel buddies!! I think for our group we need to get a set time since some of our group are always running late ;)

I am a night owl and will probably stay up late to see and do everything but I am not sure about the rest of our group.

Archived