waterproof wallet or case

Has anyone had experience with any waterproof wallets or cases that you can put your credit card, sea pass, etc. in while you go to the beach? Something that you could dive or snorkel with ??? Any ideas? thanks.

I just bought a box last week from www.otterbox.com Go to the bargain bin and I got the 1000 series otter box. I think it was $6.00 and it is great. Perfect size for cash and credit cards, but small enough not to be a burden. If you want to see a picture let me know and I will e-mail you a photo of mine with a dollar bill or something laying next to it for size reference. I really like it.

That is what we use too. Just somethings to be aware of: I loop mine through a shoulder strap on my swimming suit and then tuck it down the front. I don't want to worry about being strangled! (I know, I am weird.) My DH was snorkeling in Cozumel and found something bumping in to him - his pocket on his swim trunks had come open and his water wallet was floating away behind him! Lucky he saw what was happening.

That being said, I will always use one! Just be aware and careful.

You will LOVE snorkeling! Have a great cruise!

Michelle

Sheffie: I do that with our water wallet too. Except I have my DH tuck it into the small of my back under my suit. I figure, unless I lose my suit (eek!), I'm probably not going to lose the wallet. We have 2 sizes. One holds our Sea Passes, credit card, and cash. The other is large enough to hold all that plus a car key, lip block, and a couple of other "little" things. They are from witzprod.com.

Also, get a BRIGHT color; just in case it does try to escape, you'll have an easier time when you go capture to it. I really don't understand the ones that are clear and blue or green--they are the same color as the water!

beachchick

The waterproof wallets worked great. I live in Mass. and I got mine at the Sports Authority Store in the camping section. I suppose any sporting goods store will have them.

I bought 2 cases for my cruise in March but they both leaked!!! all my money was soaking wet. Had to use the hairdryer on the ship to dry out the money. Wasn't very happy with them so I think I will try a different kind on my next cruise.

Archived