Toddler bands

kmp70

Has anyone that has traveled with Toddlers, do they require them

to wear any special wrist band or anything for the duration of the cruise?

We had an issue with our DS - 3.5 at a carnival, he wouldnt wear the band, so just preparing myself if he is going to be required to wear anything special on the cruise.:(

Has anyone that has traveled with Toddlers, do they require them

to wear any special wrist band or anything for the duration of the cruise?

We had an issue with our DS - 3.5 at a carnival, he wouldnt wear the band, so just preparing myself if he is going to be required to wear anything special on the cruise.:(

Yes, they will put on a bright green hospital type band during the Muster Drill. Generally they will put them on the ankle of infants and younger children.

I think this is required for kids up to about age 8 or so.

We travelled with my 16 month old niece - and indeed she had to have it on at all times.

We were sure that she would not tolerate it - but within about 5 minutes it was a non-issue.

My child 3.5 had an issue with it for about 5 minutes ..I saw one child with it on his ankle .

Were you able to put it on your child yourself?

when we were at the carnival, the girl behind the ticket counter insisted she put it on, and he had a fit, wouldnt let her. Maybe if they let me or my DH put it on him it wont be such an issue?

They put them on kids old enough to sail up to 11 years old...12 and older do not have to wear them.

They normally put them on as they need to make sure they are fastened properly and such, but I am sure if you explained that he won't let anyone else do it they would let you...

If he hates it on his wrist put it on his ankle...they will do this for any age.

I thought this was going to be a post about a themed "Wiggles" cruise or something. :eek:

I've seen the staff walking around with a handful of bands during muster. I do recall hearing them ask the parents whether they would prefer it on the wrist or ankle, and it seemed to be the younger the kid, the more likely it went on the ankle. A couple of kids did start to throw a fit about it, but seemed to settle down pretty quickly. I think after just a few minutes there is so much else going on they pretty much forget it's even there... as long as it's not too tight.

Hoping they will put it on my son's ankle (age 3.5). I really don't want a bright green band aound his wrist in all of pics. esp. the ones of elegant nights.

I know safety 1st in the moe important.

He will also play with it, pick at it etc. that is what happens with the wrist bands used at Cedar Point.

Hoping they will put it on my son's ankle (age 3.5). I really don't want a bright green band aound his wrist in all of pics. esp. the ones of elegant nights.

I know safety 1st in the moe important.

He will also play with it, pick at it etc. that is what happens with the wrist bands used at Cedar Point.

They will put it on his ankle if you ask them to.

Archived