Jungle spa excursion - anyone?

dean45

Anyone ever done the Jungle spa excursion - looks very nice? How was lunch and the treatments? Did you see monkeys and birds? Anything you would like to share would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was just there in Nov.

We loved it.

Meet by a man we paid, who took us out the the van. (cynthia was our tour guide)

Pretty long ride out to the spa, but it was interesting seeing a bit of the country.

Cynthia would do whatever we wanted to do.

Got to the spa which is very pretty and tropical looking. Like from a movie.

Went out to the stables which are a little way out back.

We were all brand new riders. 3 adults 1 child (9)

The horses were well cared for. Gentle animals.

We started out across a pasture area. Into the jungle, along a trail. We saw monkeys in the trees, and the guide says they usually really like to show out. I was unable to get my camera and my horse and the monkeys all in sync so all my pictures of the moneys are blurred.

We rode for about an hour. They had had 2 days of storm before we came and it rained a bit that day, so the trails were a little muddy, but just added to the over all appeal.

Got back and had something to eat. I don't remember what it was, but it was good. (I would remember it if it had been bad) I do remember the fresh coconut water, fresh as in pick it up and chop the top off a coconut and stick a straw in it.

Walked around and looked for a while. Very pretty. Be sure to check out both bathrooms.

It started to rain again so we found Cynthia who took us back to town. We told her we wanted inexpensive tshirts. She took us to a place that basically only had tshirts. We paid from $2.40 for a baby shirt to the most expensive was I think $15. We noticed they wrote Cynthia's name on our sales slip so she probably gets a kickback, but when we got to the dock, I saw the baby shirt I got for $6.00. Could have probably gotten it for $3, but still more than I paid, so I was happy.

One tip, take very small bills with you. Including some quarters, because your change will be in Belize money.

It was my neices favorite port. We would do it again.

If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them.

How long did you get to spend at the spa/horseback riding? I know it is about an hour from Belize City. What time did the tour leave and get back to Belize City? We are thinking of doing this in April. would love some more feeback.
Granduer 1999
Victory 2001
Triumph 2003
Explorer 2205

Hi QuiltsNH... Just saw on another board that you are on the Explorer the same week as we are (the NH caught my attention ;) ) .. April school vacation week ! A coupe of us have been trying to get a thread going over on the Meet and Mingle board for this sailing if you care to join us over there! Hopefully this thread will work : [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=61474&highlight=nhfamily"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=61474&highlight=nhfamily[/url]

Hi, there just wanted to post to let you know that my family done the Jungle Spa excursion the first week in December. My Mom and Dad did the horse back riding, and the description above pretty much matched their experiance as well.

I had a spa treatment done, the seaweed wrap. ($75) Very exotic! I've never had a spa treatment done before so I can't compare it to anything else, I can only say its very exotic. I loved it though. They take you to a hut like building with these large wooden doors. The room is private, but does have a few windows high up on the back side. The lady doing the treatment left while I got ready (undressed basicly) then returned with the seaweed mixture. She then massaged the seaweed on my back side, then had me roll over so she could do the front. After that she wrapped me in very warm blankets that she had lined with this foil. I had no sense of time while this was going on, but I would have to guess I was like that for around 40-45 minutes. She would come back every few minutes and wipe this herbal tea like mixture on my face and up into my scalp. There were also some type of insence that was burning the whole time. Very relaxing!! When it was time to unwrap me, she then took the warm towels and wiped some of the mixture off and asked if I wanted a shower. I said yes, not knowing what to expect. She helped me up and walked me over to this area at the back wall then proceeded to fill a bucket with warm water that she used to rinse me off while I washed. They had these slots at the bottom of the wall for the water to drain out of.

While I was enjoying this exotic experiance, my DH and DD used the pool and toured the resort grounds. I was disapointed in only one thing. The website that you book through reads as though there are wild monkeys running around the resort grounds that you can interact with, even shows a photo of this, when in fact its a few monkeys in a fenced in area that you can't touch. The guide even told my DH not to get to close to the fence. (Monkeys can throw stuff at you that you would rather not have on you..LOL) After them telling us of how the monkeys can be, I understand why you can't touch them, but dissapointing none the less since I thought it would be something my DD would love.

The hour and 10 minute drive is a long one, but you do get to see quite a bit of the area. All in all its a very nice place and I would recommend it. Very different. Not a typical resort that I've ever seen.

If anyone has questions, just let me know.

Archived