Laundry Hours for Alaska cruise

CrusinAgain

Taking a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Sapphire hitting Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Hubbard Glacier, and College Fjord and I thought I had read that the laundry hours are different than other cruises and are definitely closed on Glacier Bay Day. Can anyone tell me what their experience was for laundry hours? I have looked at 2009 Patters which was all I could find and did not see a thing about the laundry room. Oh and a Princess rep was no help at all which is why I have come to the experts.:D

Thanks much. :)

Taking a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Sapphire hitting Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Hubbard Glacier, and College Fjord and I thought I had read that the laundry hours are different than other cruises and are definitely closed on Glacier Bay Day. Can anyone tell me what their experience was for laundry hours? I have looked at 2009 Patters which was all I could find and did not see a thing about the laundry room. Oh and a Princess rep was no help at all which is why I have come to the experts.:D

Thanks much. :)

It may vary depending on the ship's location. Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to use the laundry facilities.

Just off the sister ship, Diamond, and our experience was the laundry open each day from 7am to 10pm. Very busy on sea days, but not so much on port days. Enjoy the beauty and wonder Alaska offers. Wish we had been able to see Denali, but there will be a next time! :D

Just off Sea and laundry opened daily except closed 8pm evening before Glacier Bay until 8am day after. Anytime you are in the glacier areas these are national parks and protected waters - so the Rangers on board told me - so no laundry.

Just got off the Star. The self service laundry was CLOSED the entire time we were in Alaskan waters, mainly Tuesday-Friday.

This has been my experience also on the 3 Alaska cruises while in the inland passage.

These would be 7 day cruises leaving Seatle

Just got off the Star. The self service laundry was CLOSED the entire time we were in Alaskan waters, mainly Tuesday-Friday.

So that meant that nobody could use the irons and ironing boards for four days?

Great question, I guess I just presumed they were open 24/7. We have a 14 day cruisetour planned on the Diamond and just assumed I could wash on glacier day. Will watch this thread!

As I mentioned earlier, we just got off the Diamond. My parents joined us on the cruise, and my mom just told me she did all her laundry the day we did Glacier Bay. I thought it was the day we visited College Fjord, but she said it was definitely Glacier Bay, she just ran back on forth. We were on Aloha, aft, and the laundry we used was located starboard side between aft and mid-ship elevators. I had asked the steward, Subin (great guy!) early on and he said they did not close plan to close them. I hope you have the same experience! What a great trip you have planned, College Fjord, Hubbard and Glacier Bay twice-all that beauty awaits you! :)

Just off the sister ship, Diamond, and our experience was the laundry open each day from 7am to 10pm. Very busy on sea days, but not so much on port days. Enjoy the beauty and wonder Alaska offers. Wish we had been able to see Denali, but there will be a next time! :D

Hope our 14 dayer will be the same. So the laundry was opened at port?

Alaska is enforcing a new environmental policy this season. No laundry in Ketchikan or Juneau. We were allowed it in Skagway. This is not a Princess policy. Blame it on Alaska.

Alaska is enforcing a new environmental policy this season. No laundry in Ketchikan or Juneau. We were allowed it in Skagway. This is not a Princess policy. Blame it on Alaska.

Okay so we can expect it to be closed Glacier Bay twice, Juneau twice and Ketchikan twice. I suppose it will also be closed at Hubbard Glacier and College Fjord? Does anyone know? How about Whittier - turn around day?

Okay so we can expect it to be closed Glacier Bay twice, Juneau twice and Ketchikan twice. I suppose it will also be closed at Hubbard Glacier and College Fjord? Does anyone know? How about Whittier - turn around day?

Yes, this is critical to know. We will be coming off 7 days of land touring by the time we board Island Princess in Whittier on Sep 5th. Our next two days are Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay. I was planning on doing laundry the night of the 5th or the morning of the 6th (itinerary shows we reach Hubbard Glacier at 3pm that day)

If they close the laundry at 8am on Hubbard Glacier day and all through Glacier Bay, we will be getting pretty ripe by the time we reach Skagway!

Yes, this is critical to know. We will be coming off 7 days of land touring by the time we board Island Princess in Whittier on Sep 5th. Our next two days are Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay. I was planning on doing laundry the night of the 5th or the morning of the 6th (itinerary shows we reach Hubbard Glacier at 3pm that day)

If they close the laundry at 8am on Hubbard Glacier day and all through Glacier Bay, we will be getting pretty ripe by the time we reach Skagway!

I was hoping to do laundry before getting off ship in Anchorage as we are doing another week on land. Does the Princess hotels have public laundry? My guess is not, might have to check into that one!!

Fairbanks did. Do not recall seeing it in Denali, but could have been in another building. Do not recall it at McKinley.

I was hoping to do laundry before getting off ship in Anchorage as we are doing another week on land. Does the Princess hotels have public laundry? My guess is not, might have to check into that one!!

It may vary depending on the ship's location. Don't worry, there will be plenty of time to use the laundry facilities.

On another thread someone had said, the laundry's were close while cruising the Alaskan waters. Is that true?

Archived