Just added a back-to-back to our voyage

hondorner

GASC is offering a sweetheart of a deal for Summer cruises, 50% off the lower priced cruise and feree gratuities on both cruises if you book a back-to-back by July 1. We were already booked for the 8 day voyage from Vicksburg to Louisville on Aug 30; we added the 10 day voyage from Chattanooga to Vicksburg on Aug 20. The 8 day voyage is the lower price, so that was adjusted to 50% off. Essentially, we more than doubled our voyage from 8 days to 18 for a cost of about 75% more.

During the conversations about the booking, I learned that most of the early problems have been resolved, especiallly in the galley, where there has been new structure and physical rearrangements in addition to new organizational structure, and things are much better.

There are some other voyage announcements due out soon, especailly about our Vicksburg to Louisville leg -- stay tuned! I'm stoked!

Don't forget to visit the DELTA QUEEN while in Chattanooga. I can speak from recent experience how delightful cocktails and dinner was onboard the Grande Dame.

Having sailed only once on the Delta Queen (June 2004 Memphis to New Orleans) and once on the American Queen (October 2007 St. Louis to Red Wing - river was too high to get to St. Paul) I look upon your river trips with envy. We hope to voyage again soon on the beautiful American Queen.

Don, it sounds like you snagged a great deal!

Calliope - we hope to visit the Delta Queen in Chattanooga someday. Our trip on her is one of the best travel memories - we renewed our vows on board for our 25th anniversary (at that time).

Rubysue, I'll be sure to let everyine know how the voyage goes. It's just crazy that we've been to Barcelona 3 times and never been close to St. Paul! This summer's adventure will cover most of the Tennessee, a chunk of the Mississippi and the lower Ohio rivers. In the future, I want to continue up the Ohio to Pittsburgh (where I was raised) and travel the northern Mississippi to St. Paul (although doing that in the Fall sounds chilly to a Floridian :rolleyes:).

• 1 month later...

Archived