Who's Your NCL Hero?

Happy HALer

Who is your NCL Hero and why? We filled out multiple "NCL Hero" cards at the end of our Star Bermuda cruise last week. We recognized the following;

Hotel Director, Sean

We had a couple of issues early in the cruise and Sean took care of our concerns and continued to follow up to make sure our cruise was as great as it could be. He is very visible and approachable. He is an asset to NCL.

Restaurant Manager, Kati

Kati went above and beyond to take care of us when I voiced our issue previously mentioned. He also followed up with us multiple times and made sure we had a great time.

Concierge, Monica

Monica was fantastic. That's all that needs to be said.

Maitre'd, Versailles, Alex

Alex always made sure we were happy and satisfied.

I know that is a lot of heroes, but it was that kind of cruise. I don't know if it is a matter of the sqeeky wheel getting all the oil, but everyone surpassed our expectations. This was the first time we ever complained about anything, and it was wonderful how well, and quickly, everything was remedied. The Star has a great staff and I think that is a reflection of the team leaders and especially the Hotel Director, Sean Wurmhoeringer.

Great job!!!

Several years ago my NCL hero was Glaspole Facey. He was a true gentleman. We needed to be moved from our table where we were seated with a px who was sick with a cold.

Also, Karin G. the concierge we had on the Sun in 2009 is the best!!

Adrian Bica is super terriffic and I would be very happy indeed to be on any ship where he was concierge. I must say, however, that my NCL hall of fame hero would be John O'Hara, for too many reasons to list on this forum. I was beyond sorry when I heard he left NCL.

Our HERO is Garvin Ellis (I think?) from the PEARL.

My DH Suffered a broken leg on our cruise last fall - and Garvin was his 'designated driver of the wheelchair' onboard.

He always did his job with a smile...and definitely got a STYLE card (that's what they were still using then)

:D

Details here...

http://travelsintime-pamela.blogspot.com/2012/02/november-2011-road-trip-part-9.html

Having just had a fantastic week on the Star, we weren't a squeaky wheel really for anything, but the crew as a whole was really wonderful.

Henry, our butler, was fantastic in making sure we had anything we needed in the room. With our trip revolving around the schedule and temperaments of two little ones, it was a real treat to have full meals brought to our room when needed.

The captain, the officers, and executive staff, including Sean the hotel director and Andreas the chef, really impressed me with how much they were out and about among the guests, and always offering to help whether it was to resolve any problems (which thankfully we did not have any), or just something as simple as assisting with opening our room door when our hands were full. They were always very warm and friendly.

We did not use the concierge Monica's services all that much beyond embarkation and disembarkation but she regularly checked in with us, especially during meals to ask if there was anything she could do for us.

I wish I could remember his name, there was a server in Versailles who recommended to us that we could have veggies/fruit pureed for the baby in our group, and brought out pureed pumpkin for him. We wouldn't have even thought to ask!

And kudos to all the servers and kids club staff who played with and entertained my 3 yr old the entire week. He loved the attention, he was waving and saying hi to everyone all over the ship, it seemed everyone knew him by name.

Klaus Lugmaier -- sailed with him on Epic a couple of years ago; he made it a great cruise for our entire group! I'm hoping he'll be "breaking in" Breakaway too when we sail her next year.

Who is your NCL Hero and why? We filled out multiple "NCL Hero" cards at the end of our Star Bermuda cruise last week. We recognized the following;

Hotel Director, Sean

We had a couple of issues early in the cruise and Sean took care of our concerns and continued to follow up to make sure our cruise was as great as it could be. He is very visible and approachable. He is an asset to NCL.

Restaurant Manager, Kati

Kati went above and beyond to take care of us when I voiced our issue previously mentioned. He also followed up with us multiple times and made sure we had a great time.

Concierge, Monica

Monica was fantastic. That's all that needs to be said.

Maitre'd, Versailles, Alex

Alex always made sure we were happy and satisfied.

I know that is a lot of heroes, but it was that kind of cruise. I don't know if it is a matter of the sqeeky wheel getting all the oil, but everyone surpassed our expectations. This was the first time we ever complained about anything, and it was wonderful how well, and quickly, everything was remedied. The Star has a great staff and I think that is a reflection of the team leaders and especially the Hotel Director, Sean Wurmhoeringer.

Great job!!!

A hero is someone who risks great danger to themselves for others. I have yet to come across any such situation on a cruise ship.

Most recently on the Sun we met some great people. Most notable were Ludwig Lozano - F&B Director, Norman Henderson - Bar Manager, Nevendra and Rinaldo - bar servers at the Pool deck as well as other venues in the evening. Perfecto was our room steward, so great. These 5 gentleman helped to make our time on board spectacular.

Annabelle from the Sushi bar/Teppenyaki is as wonderful as they come.

A couple of years ago on the Dawn we met a server named Rommel. He was amazing and I hope every year we will meet up with him.

Hero's, maybe not, but did they add to the enjoyment of our vacation, absolutely!! There are so many great crew/staff members that we have met that make us keep coming back.

Bluejai

My heros are.....

They are the invisible people that get your luggage to your room. They are the people that load all the yummy food on board or load the ferry ships for the Great Stirrup Cay BBQ's. All the hidden people that usually dont get acknowledged are my heros. They work just as hard but without any recognition.

There are so many hard jobs or not so glamorous jobs that I would like to recognize. WIthout them, we could not enjoy our cruise.

Archived