Onboard Summit; AQ Room Issues

TxnAquarian

Glass panels from the buffet looking down on the deck 9 balconies??! WHAT????? Someone please elaborate? So someone can sit down to lunch, on top of a glass floor, which is actually OVER a balcony??! Say what!?

Am also on Summit just now Aqua Deck 11 had to highlight to the Hotel Director we still 6 days in are missing Aqua toiletries, never had large towels etc. cabin Steward does not seem to or want to understand when I ask him

Will post more on my return

Ps Deck 11 aft does have noise problems from Sunset Bar, had to call down at 0030 am to ask if someone could ask the guests playing cards down there robe quiet :(

Good cruise though and staff and food in Blu is wonderful

Noise from the Sunset Bar was awful, as well as the smoke:(Was in 1141. We had great service from our cabin Steward.:)

I was on the Summit repositioning cruise, 28 April-6 May and had cabin AQ 9127 (friends in 9129). The bathroom was dated but not as bad as the OPs cabin. It did have the hydro panel in the shower with glass (or plexi-glass) doors.

No footstools, as we were told there's just not enough room on the balcony with the two chairs and table.

Location was excellent!!!! – just four cabins away from the mid stair case and elevators, and one deck down from the café and aft sunset bar area. It made for a longer walk to the spa/gym, but we didn’t mind at all. Four decks down and we were in Blu. We couldn't have asked for a better location.

There was a large overhang on the balcony that provided shade. Above us was part of the buffet sitting area, but we never heard a sound. I don't believe tables/ chairs were above us but possibly a galley or utility room for the crew.

We originally booked cabins on the starboard side but noticed on the deck plans bathrooms above the cabins. I figured we would hear constant flushing of toilets, so we changed to the port side.

I agree about the cabins under the pool area being noisy. I would never book one because I'm a light sleeper.

Monica

I was on the Summit repositioning cruise, 28 April-6 May and had cabin AQ 9127 (friends in 9129). The bathroom was dated but not as bad as the OPs cabin. It did have the hydro panel in the shower with glass (or plexi-glass) doors.

No footstools, as we were told there's just not enough room on the balcony with the two chairs and table.

Location was excellent!!!! – just four cabins away from the mid stair case and elevators, and one deck down from the café and aft sunset bar area. It made for a longer walk to the spa/gym, but we didn’t mind at all. Four decks down and we were in Blu. We couldn't have asked for a better location.

There was a large overhang on the balcony that provided shade. Above us was part of the buffet sitting area, but we never heard a sound. I don't believe tables/ chairs were above us but possibly a galley or utility room for the crew.

We originally booked cabins on the starboard side but noticed on the deck plans bathrooms above the cabins. I figured we would hear constant flushing of toilets, so we changed to the port side.

I agree about the cabins under the pool area being noisy. I would never book one because I'm a light sleeper.

Monica

This is reassuring! We are in cabin 9131 - so right next door to where your friends were.

Oh well only glad I can say we leave tomorrow and we are lucky to have one of the 5 aft AQ cabins on deck 11 with the huge balconies! Will enjoy the fact that they are newer it seems and having the Sunset Bar below can be good or bad. We can only experience it all and see!

So hope we enjoy it....first Celebrity Diamond Plus on Royal.

Thanks for the heads up about the noise and such on the Milly in 2013 we are on deck 9...we had the same aft suites but decided we didn't want to hear the Sunset Bar for 15 days.

Lou

I was fearful of exactly what the original poster said which is why we opted for the new cabins on deck 11. Our last two cruises were on the Eclipse and on the Solstice. The solstice was only 4 months old at the time so we have become accustomed to the 'newness' of those ships and thought the cabins on 11 would offer more of that feel. I realize the balcony on 11 is not covered but even if it was covered we would not be on the balcony if the weather was not nice so that was really a non factor.

I agree with what many have said - for what they paid/did to renovate the ship, why not give the bathrooms some TLC? Makes no sense.

Not good... we are booked in an AQ cabin on deck 9 for our cruise this October. Can you snap a few pics and post on CC after your cruise?

I would try to switch to deck 11, the bathrooms completely new.

I would try to switch to deck 11, the bathrooms completely new.

AQ is sold out for our cruise. I am sure it won't ruin the cruise for us, it's just a shame that X completely overlooked the bathrooms during the refurb.

In reading some of these comments, I am now VERY glad I paid the extra money to be on 11. The main reason i did it was to not be below the buffet, but rather above it. (Being on 9 with the buffet above you holds the potential of more noise.)

However, one of the things my wife is sort of not looking forward to is the new shower. She's 5'1" and her first comment upon seeing the updated shower with the multiple shower heads was, "well, it looks like I'll get a good facial." :p

Which cabins have glass bricks which can be viewed from the buffet area. All those shown underneath or just some? Do you know their numbers. I wouldn't want people seeing into the cabin.

Thanks

It is not into the cabins, it is the balconies. Those round port holes in the floor of the buffet are in the area where the overhangs jut or bulge out. If you look at the deck plan you can see where the deck serpentines

in the buffet area. There are many balconies that are exposed to this. It is best to look up when on your balcony to see what the view lines if you don't like a audience invading your privacy.

In reading some of these comments, I am now VERY glad I paid the extra money to be on 11. The main reason i did it was to not be below the buffet, but rather above it. (Being on 9 with the buffet above you holds the potential of more noise.)

However, one of the things my wife is sort of not looking forward to is the new shower. She's 5'1" and her first comment upon seeing the updated shower with the multiple shower heads was, "well, it looks like I'll get a good facial." :p

I am 5'2" and loved the shower!!! I'll bet she will also.

Anne

I am 5'2" and loved the shower!!! I'll bet she will also.

Anne

This is going to sound a lot more personal than I intend it to be, but with that shower ensemble and you being 5'2", how was the experience in using it? Besides loving it that is. Did you get smacked in the face with a spray of water?

(And, yes, it is a serious question... just awkwardly asked! :) )

Fortunately, I seem to remember that the jets are slightly adjustable. My advice, really, would be to turn the shower on and locate the jets before getting in. Maybe you could be her test person. :) Honestly do not remember getting hit in the face.

Anne

it's just a shame that X completely overlooked the bathrooms during the refurb.

Hi Bhughey,

Totally agree. Overall, I feel that Celebrity performed an outstanding job of Solsticizing Constellation. I cannot compare the other ships, as we have not sailed on them yet. However, we all wondered why the bathrooms were virtually untouched. I'm not suggesting they should have been completely overhauled, but a spruce-up would have been appropriate & welcome... especially as (with the exception of Constellation's Drydock next April) there's probably a long wait before the M-Class's next drydock.

A very puzzling decision to say the least.

I just found a good image of the deck overhang above the deck 9 cabins where you can clearly see the "portholes" in the floor of the buffet above. I would say the overhang juts out a good 8' or so from the edge of the balcony below. It appears as though the far end of that "jutted-out area" is where the porthole is located, so it seems that if a person wanted to look directly down onto your balcony - they really can't - to get a view, they would have to lie on the floor to do so. So I don't see this as a huge problem. However, if someone is seated at a table in the "jutted-out" area of the buffet, conceivably - you could peer down from those windows right into the balcony to your right or left.

If anyone would like to see the image, just PM me - I don't want to post it as to infringe on someone else's creative ownership!

What entertainment is onboard the Summit? Do they have an A Capella group onboard and the usual comic? I hear that Michaels Pub had a piano/vocal entertainment

What entertainment is onboard the Summit? Do they have an A Capella group onboard and the usual comic? I hear that Michaels Pub had a piano/vocal entertainment

mtk: DH has posted a link to his page with links to scans of all the dailies, where you can find info on the entertainment. It's in our signature as well as in the post I'm noting below. Yes, there was an a capella group aboard -- we heard them briefly as we walked through somewhere. I don't know about the evening shows since we didn't attend any of them. But you might like to check out the dailies for descriptions of the shows.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1648436

S

Just returned from the Summit today. Overall, it was a great cruise and met our expectations from previous Celebrity cruises. The weather in Bermuda was poor all 3 days, but it's better than being at home :) The day after I started this thread about the poor bathroom in the room, I got a call from the Guest Relations Manager, Simona. She said they had seen my post and wanted to talk to me about it. I met with her and she was lovely. She was extremely apologetic and tried very hard to make the situation right. She and Celebrity handled it very well.

For those who have upcoming cruises on Summit and you're concerned about the bathroom, the best thing to do is call customer service and they can tell you if you have one of the renovated bathrooms. From what I was told, ALL of the bathrooms will be renovated by the end of the summer. Right now, some are new bathrooms and some aren't.

Celebrity continues to have excellent customer service and I'm looking forward to my next cruise in October~

Michael

Just returned from the Summit today. Overall, it was a great cruise and met our expectations from previous Celebrity cruises. The weather in Bermuda was poor all 3 days, but it's better than being at home :) The day after I started this thread about the poor bathroom in the room, I got a call from the Guest Relations Manager, Simona. She said they had seen my post and wanted to talk to me about it. I met with her and she was lovely. She was extremely apologetic and tried very hard to make the situation right. She and Celebrity handled it very well.

For those who have upcoming cruises on Summit and you're concerned about the bathroom, the best thing to do is call customer service and they can tell you if you have one of the renovated bathrooms. From what I was told, ALL of the bathrooms will be renovated by the end of the summer. Right now, some are new bathrooms and some aren't.

Celebrity continues to have excellent customer service and I'm looking forward to my next cruise in October~

Michael

Hi Michael:) welcome back and glad you had a good cruise and nice

to read Guest Relations came through for you....whatever it was?

you sound satisified:)

I just got off the phone with the Captains Club and Guest Relations and they can not tell anyone which bathrooms were upgraded and which are not?

We are in 9044 in July and I asked them to note that we called in to inquire otherwise you wait and see! I asked about moving to another floor but not possible.

thanks for the information and we will hope for the best unless celebrity can update their customers sooner.

Thanks

Sandra

Michael

I just got off the phone with the Captains Club and Guest Relations and they can not tell anyone which bathrooms were upgraded and which are not?

We are in 9044 in July and I asked them to note that we called in to inquire otherwise you wait and see! I asked about moving to another floor but not possible.

thanks for the information and we will hope for the best unless celebrity can update their customers sooner.

Thanks

Sandra

Totally not shocked that they don't know which are updated and which are not... Most are probably far less familiar with the ships/deck plans/rooms than the people on this board!

Archived