What would you do?

Navigator out of NOLA Dec 8 balcony room 1690 that is $1700 total then we would also be able to apply savings cert of 125 so roughly $1575.

Going to cozumel, grand cayman, and falmouth

or

Freedom out of PC Dec 9 balcony room 1702 that is $2200 for everything and no savings cert. Going to cozumel, gc, falmouth plus labadee. 3 sea days

Nav was our first ship and we know freedom isnt much differnt as we dont really care too much about the flow rider. Also been to all of the ports but gc. Both rooms are the same location at the 2nd aft balcony. 2 sea days

We would like to fly to either place but could drive if we have to we are in Charlotte driving to PC is about 9 hrs and NOLA about 12.

Kind of worried about the weather going out of NOLA in Dec. if it is warm or cool. Never sailed out of NOLA but we have sailed out of PC.

Would you pick freedom of navigator?

one of the weather websites give NOLA as 66/54F in that part of December.

Port canaveral is listed as 77/60F. So if you want to maximize the days by the pool, you probably should sail from Florida. If that isn't so important, maybe you should go for Navigator...much nicer price.

I'd say go w/ the NAVIGATOR for that much of a savings. NOLA can be cold, windy or even rainy but it's not as if you have a chance in heck of being snowed in. Not THAT cold. Average temp in December is probably low 60's.

Although I do like Labadee, if you've been there I'd prefer having an extra sea day. But I like sea days. YMMV. None of the ports particularly thrill me, though in Cozumel, if you get a taxi for $20 for up to 4 ppl, and go to Playa Palancar, there is a very quiet beach w/ great food, reasonable prices and only fair snorkeling (but you can hire a boat to take you to the reef if you are into snorkeling or diving.)

If you like louder music and more action, go to Mr. Sanchos... a $15 taxi. It has an all inclusive option or an ala carte. Actually Coz is one of my favorite stops and I've been there a zillion times.

We're talking about a difference of $600+ which is significant and could be put towards onboard expenses, better excursions, or another cruise. (That's about 1/3 the cost of another cruise!)

I would work out how much it would cost to get to each port, and then if the difference is still significant, I'd go with the least expensive option.

Thanks everyone! The plane tickets are about the same so looks like Navigator is cheaper. We really have never had any other ship compare to out first crusise so it would be nice to go back to it. Looks like I will call RC tomorrow to switch from Freedom to Navigator.

Archived