Dooney or Coach...

kcparrothead

My experience is old, March 2010, but I will tell you I got 2 leather bags @ Coach that were originally over $400 each, for less than $200. I didn't find any deals even close to that at Dooney. I carry both brands, (& more:o) and I didn't have preference when I went except for the best deal. I know it's old but I felt bad no one has given you any info! They were directly across the street from each other, so that made it easy. Good luck & safe travels to you!

They're located in the same area so it's easy to visit both. I've seen great prices at both places. Overall I find coach has lower prices but there are certainly great prices to be found at D&B as well. It all depends on what you're looking for.

I have been to both. The day we were there Coach was even giving out extra 30% off coupons. I do have to say that the DB prices are better than anywhere I have found in the U.S. I bought my mom a purse and wallet, and the leather was like butter:D They are right near each other. I would try both.

I have been to both. The day we were there Coach was even giving out extra 30% off coupons. I do have to say that the DB prices are better than anywhere I have found in the U.S. I bought my mom a purse and wallet, and the leather was like butter:D They are right near each other. I would try both.

Well, now I wish I'd stopped at both! We returned yesterday. :( Oh well, I went to Coach and they had an additional 20% off their 50% off prices and I got a great $348 bag for $152!! SCORE! :p

We're cruising out of SJ next year, so maybe I'll stop at D&B then! ;)

When I was in Vegas, they have a D&B and Coach outlet. I went to both (and bought at both). Deals can be had at either places, depending on what you are looking for, but I think Coach has better deals ONLY if you can bring along or be handed an extra 20% to 30% off coupon. Then, go straight back to the sale section in the back of the store, you can find some great deals there with your coupon. I purchased a handbag and matching umbrella for about $120. Then I walked over to D&B and found a swingpak I was looking for, for only $79. I was in TJ Maxx last week and found the same swingpak in another color for the same price.

I also want to hit up Marshalls while in OSJ. Are they also located in that area? What other designer stores are in OSJ, do they have a Michael Kors outlet?

We've been to both Coach and D & B many times. I usually find better buys at Coach but it varies how much savings. Most of the time, Coach prices are wonderful on much, but not all, of their stock but we've been there once or twice when there wasn't really any great deal or stock I even wanted to look at.

I love that Coach store though and never fail to visit it when in San Juan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Find a little outdoor cafe and sit hubby down with a beer. then you can hit both places!!!!:D

I was there in February. There is a little cafe that sells beer right across from the Coach store. There is also a fabulous plaza about a block away with great coffee...plenty to keep hubby busy:rolleyes:

I was there in February. There is a little cafe that sells beer right across from the Coach store. There is also a fabulous plaza about a block away with great coffee...plenty to keep hubby busy:rolleyes:

Well, surprisingly, my hubby went into Dooney with me! I didn't feel rushed, and he actually helped me decide on my purse! :p

Archived