Allure of the Seas - Adventure Ocean

We have had our twin daughters on 5 RCL cruises, one on the Oasis and one one Allure and those two ships are basically identical. The kids programs are separated by ages, which is a good thing because it is important for the kids to be with others of their own age group. I would not freak out, but rather, talk it up beforehand about how much fun they will have. The first day you go in and sign up, but they don't actually have the program open, but you can bring your kids and they can play with some of the toys in the big main room (hoola hoops) and anyone who is there, any ages, will be in the same room. That may be a good way for your little one to get used to it. When you show up on day 2 though, they won't have the little ones with the older kids. I suggest you get to the kids program early on day 2 and there will be parents waiting to drop off their kids. You will see kids of all ages. Go up and encourage your kid to talk with any kids their age before the door opens. That way, your little one can make some head-way and break the ice and hopefully that will make the transition easier.

You really want to do everything you can to encourage your little one to be in the kids program because it is a great program, and the kids love it, and the adults get a break from the kids, which makes the cruise experience completely different than if the kids are with you 24/7. You can still go get your kids at lunch and for the ports, but IMO forget the dining room for dinner. Let them do dinner with the kids program. They love it much more than the boring dining room. The only exception would be if you did Johnny Rockets.

• 1 month later...
Is the Adventure Ocean on the Allure of the Seas connected?

Can the Explorers age group go into the Aquanauts age group area?

I have a shy child who clings to her sister for a while before she gets convertible but are in different age groups so I'm wondering if this is a possibility

When we were on Oasis 2 years ago, our son was 5 (but turning 6 2 months later). They gave him the option to be in either the 3-5 year old group or the 6-8 year old group. He chose the older group. It really depends on the ages of your children. If they are a few months of the age limit, then it shouldn't be a problem. There are 3 separate rooms in AO - one for each age group. Each group does completely different activities each day to the other groups. My son is an only child and quite shy when meeting new people/children. He loved it. In fact, when we went to collect him at 10pm one night he started crying as he didn't want to leave!!

Archived