Rome hotel pre-cruise

nylawman

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Rome to stay four days prior to a cruise. That is close to all the sights.

Read down some of the pages on this board and you will find a wealth of info on hotels in Rome.Question gets asked all the time.You can also check out Venere.com.

Can you supply more information such as desired budget?

No hotel is close to all the sights, but many are close to some sights and just a bus ride from others. (For example, the Vatican and Coliseum are not near each other.)

I applaud you for deciding to have four days in Rome before your cruise. Many people allow too little time.

The Hotel Imperiale on the Via Veneto. This is the prettiest, tree-lined street in Rome near the US Embassy. Right around the corner from the Spanish Steps and near the Borghese Park and the Trevi Fountain. There is a nice little sidewalk cafe out front, a coffee shop on the same block and a fantastic little out of the way restaurant called La Scala right there. I loved it. There was nothing better than coming back to our "home" on this beautiful (relatively quiet) street sipping wine outside at the sidewalk cafe. It's a haven in noisy Rome and it is perfectly central to all the sites. Loved it there! It is also the most reasonably priced hotel in the most desirable and expensive area of Rome.

http://www.hotelimperialeroma.it/default-en.html

Can anyone suggest a hotel in Rome to stay four days prior to a cruise. That is close to all the sights.

We stayed at the Hotel Artemide for 4 nights on our last visit to Rome. We had a great experience, and would certainly stay there again. The front desk staff were professional, polite and helpful.

A wonderful breakfast is included, with many selections to choose from. Fresh fruits, meats, cheeses, cereal, eggs, etc. They make excellent cappuccino.

They also provide (no charge) snacks and drinks in the in-room refrigerator. There is a roof-top lounge, but we didn't utilize it, we were just too busy.

We found the location very convenient and walked to many sites. The main train station, Termini, is about a 10 minute walk. There is a deli/market across the street, that we picked up some fruit, cheese and wine.

They get high marks on Trip Advisor. Check out the reviews here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ome_Lazio.html

Enjoy your stay in Rome!

Oh how I loved my pre-cruise days in Rome!! We stayed on the Via ****onale at a lovely bed and breakfast, the Amaranto Romano.

I wrote a review of the hotel here if you are interested.

Decent price, close to everything (especially the Colosseum) - we walked everywhere, and Nadia, a wonderful hostess!

i-Vv9K2fj-S.jpg

There are so many lovely hotels in Rome. Everything from ultra modern to contemporary to traditional.

When in Rome, we like to be immersed in the "Italian" experience. We stay at the Hotel Campo de Fiori http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/en/home.htm The staff is friendly and helpful. the rooms are decorated in Italian themes. the breakfast is very good and the rooftop garden is spectacular.

Here are some travelers photos (mine included LOL)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g187791-d208552-Hotel_Campo_De_Fiori-Rome_Lazio.html

It is on a piazza that is a market by day and surrounded by restaurants at night. It is one block form the famed Piazza Navonna, We walked everywhere from there, a 25 casual minutes to the Vatican and 20 minutes to the Colosseum and 10 minutes to the Pantheon.

Everything is close by and a very "Italian" hotel.

Archived