Carnival Splendor Review/Any Questions?

vcgeno

We did Las Caletas our last tiime down there in April with Disney, probably the best excusrion I have ever done on any ship. We swam with the seals too! So much fun!

The Rasul is widely known on Disney ships for couples time to.....um...reconnect

I have a new appreciation for mud. We will have to give it a try next time.

We tried the adults only area in the back of the ship but still found it too loud and the no kids thing (at least they day we tried) was not enforced. I forgot to mention that there were two sides to the Serenity area. Combined it is about 25% this size of the wraparound Serenity area on the Dream.

Won't see any kids in the Aft pool in any of my pics ! ! However, just the pool and jacuzzis are ADULTS ONLY. Not very many kids (if any) in or around the chaise lounges either, but yes the music was there and certainly quite audible. This area was pretty much relegated to a younger crowd. Spent most of my sea day time sitting just above the Aft Lido on deck 10 playing Gin Rummy and taking pics. This deck is very similar to the SPIRIT classed ships and certainly my favorite location.

When I took the pics of the "Serenity" part of the ship, I don't think I saw any passengers there, although to be fair, this was early in the embarkation day. As a PLATINUM cruiser when I board a ship for the first time, I run around taking zillions of pics before the ship fills up with passengers which sometimes block views. That is why many of the pics of the ship are sans passengers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I’m thinking of booking on the carnival spender out of new York may 2013[we just went on the princess which I loved they had the sanctuary the adult section which was 20dollars a day loved it] anyone know about the sap package I see you can buy a package for 250 what does that included I no access to the pool area anything else, but can anyone help me and tell me what does that get you I see in the spa area but anything else do you pay for everything else in the spa? is it just adults is the a swimming near I see the mineral pool is there like an adult section were we can spend most of the day and is there an outside section; and how are the other pools we have grandkids and love kids but we like to relax to so I feel before schools out in may there will not been as may kids thanks for anyone’s help plus any others things to know about the ship

Hi vcgeno. I believe you mentioned you did YTD. Are all the YTD passengers in one particular dining room or do they split them between the two main dining rooms? If it is just one dining room, which one?

Thanks.

Thanks for the review

We leave on the splendor on aug 5 and I have to say I'm a bit worried about the kid factor (I have never had kids and only have 20+ step daughters) and I have to say I would rather the air conditioning noise than kids screaming:eek:

We do not have a Spa room but I am looking into the spa pass as an option. So any advise regarding this would be great

Did you notice an issue with getting lounges on board. I don't care if I'm not next to a pool but would like to get some sun without waiting forever for a place

Thanks again for the review:)

i did not read all the entires but my two cents worth is that the trip is what you make it-we are not pool people but there is a serenty(sp?) area for adults and have gone on cruises with 800 out of 2400 being kids and it was the most romantic cruise ever. Kids never a problem-just some rude adults.

Hello I’m thinking of booking on the carnival spender out of new York may 2013[we just went on the princess which I loved they had the sanctuary the adult section which was 20dollars a day loved it] anyone know about the sap package I see you can buy a package for 250 what does that included I no access to the pool area anything else, but can anyone help me and tell me what does that get you I see in the spa area but anything else do you pay for everything else in the spa? is it just adults is the a swimming near I see the mineral pool is there like an adult section were we can spend most of the day and is there an outside section; and how are the other pools we have grandkids and love kids but we like to relax to so I feel before schools out in may there will not been as may kids thanks for anyone’s help plus any others things to know about the ship

The Spa package includes use of the mineral pool, two steam rooms, and two rooms with heated stone chairs/beds. It took us between 60-90 minutes to do the go through all of them.

Hi vcgeno. I believe you mentioned you did YTD. Are all the YTD passengers in one particular dining room or do they split them between the two main dining rooms? If it is just one dining room, which one?

Thanks.

It was in the top level of the Black Pearl dining room only. Never a problem getting a seat. Dined alone a couple of nights and met some great folks the other nights.

It was in the top level of the Black Pearl dining room only. Never a problem getting a seat. Dined alone a couple of nights and met some great folks the other nights.

How was embarkation? What time did you get to the port?

Hi vcgeno. Is the entrance to the Black Pearl YTD area on the Atlantic deck 4? Which side of the room is the entrance on, the side by the Circle C Room and Photo Gallery or the back side just off of the mid elevators? I am just figuring out the best way to avoid the crowded hallways when going there.

Thanks.

Hi vcgeno. Is the entrance to the Black Pearl YTD area on the Atlantic deck 4? Which side of the room is the entrance on, the side by the Circle C Room and Photo Gallery or the back side just off of the mid elevators? I am just figuring out the best way to avoid the crowded hallways when going there.

Thanks.

It was the top of the two dining room levels I should but don't remember the deck. You can find it on the deck map.

Greetings vcgeno, you still out there? I'm curious whether you were able to access your onboard account, see dinner menus and such on your room TV. I've heard you're supposed to be able to but on some ships it doesn't work.

Also, silly little question, but were the scrambled eggs particularly awful? That's what somebody in another review said. That would mess with my morning routine, since I don't always want to take time to wait in the omlette line.

Jim

Yes, you can view your onboard accounts on the television in the room. The automatic gratuities shocked us at the end, but we figured out what they were.

The buffet scrambled eggs were not particularly good, they were in fact kind of a weird consistency. Only had them twice in the seven days... once to try them, second time to see if it was a fluke. :D Try the omelette station instead.

Greetings vcgeno, you still out there? I'm curious whether you were able to access your onboard account, see dinner menus and such on your room TV. I've heard you're supposed to be able to but on some ships it doesn't work.

Also, silly little question, but were the scrambled eggs particularly awful? That's what somebody in another review said. That would mess with my morning routine, since I don't always want to take time to wait in the omlette line.

Jim

Yes, you can view your onboard accounts on the television in the room. The automatic gratuities shocked us at the end, but we figured out what they were.

The buffet scrambled eggs were not particularly good, they were in fact kind of a weird consistency. Only had them twice in the seven days... once to try them, second time to see if it was a fluke. :D Try the omelette station instead.

As we recall....the scrambled eggs could be of the "powdered egg" variety...this may vary from ship to ship....stick with the real omelletes or real egg choices (hard boiled, over easy...benedict, etc.)

As we recall....the scrambled eggs could be of the "powdered egg" variety...this may vary from ship to ship....stick with the real omelletes or real egg choices (hard boiled, over easy...benedict, etc.)

Actually, I think I hear the MDR calling. On our last cruise we discovered the leisurely pace of enjoying breakfast in the dining room most days. I assume one of the MDRs is open for breakfast, right?

Jim

Actually, I think I hear the MDR calling. On our last cruise we discovered the leisurely pace of enjoying breakfast in the dining room most days. I assume one of the MDRs is open for breakfast, right?

Jim

Yes, the MDR is open for breakfast. It's pretty much the same thing you can get in the buffet area, but they serve it to you in small portions. We ate breakfast in the MDR a couple days during our last cruise. Nothing special and there are no crowds and many empty tables.

Jim

Yes we checked out account frequently on the in room TV. It worked fine. You could also see the dining room menus.

I had fried eggs and omelets every morning, did not try the scrambled. The line was never very long. They did a fine job with those.

Yes we checked out account frequently on the in room TV. It worked fine. You could also see the dining room menus.

I had fried eggs and omelets every morning, did not try the scrambled. The line was never very long. They did a fine job with those.

Gracias.

Jim

Archived