Window Suites

dickinson

I just got back from my first cruise on Princess on the Golden. We were in room f311 and absolutely loved it. I used the jacuzzi tub only once but it was nice. We did get the new perk of eating for no cover charge in the Crown Grill on the first night (we could also do Sabattini's if we wanted). there was a letter in our suite telling us of this perk. Other than that the best perk was having a big room and eating in Sabattini's for breakfast. That was wonderful.

We did smell a little bit of smoke from the cigar bar down the hall near room f301 and 303 but it wasn't real strong so I assume their rooms were fine.

I loved the location of our room! Nice and centrally located and the elevator was just a short ride up to deck 14 for the Horizon Grill.

I have never had a balcony so don't know what it is like but being in Alaska where it is cold (and it WAS cold!) we had no problems. Sometimes we would just sit on the sofa and look out the large window. Glacier Bay day we just went out on deck.

I would not hesitate to book this room again if the price is right.

This was not an upgrade. I booked my Alaska cruise over a year ago. I figured we would get our first balcony but then I saw these window suites. The price was slightly less than the balcony category I would have paid for. We decided to go for it and marked the cabin as no upgrade. After all the reading I wanted to see what they were like and didn't want to chance a full suite on the back of the ship (I know some people like that area but I wasn't sure I would).

Sounds great. I will be in room 311 on the CB in 2 weeks.

Be warned !!

We were in F409 on the CB last Christmas. The suite was beautiful but, if you hit rough weather and the stabalizers are used you will NOT be able to sleep at night.

The noise is loud and terrifing. Several of us complained and had staff come in our suites in the middle of the night. Nothing could be done. We just had to put up with it.

When I say loud, I mean loud. It was bad.

When Princess redesigned some of the ships to produce these special suites no one took into account the fact that they are positioned above the stabalizers.

The suites are beautiful. But !!

Susan - Vancouver Canada

Sounds great. I will be in room 311 on the CB in 2 weeks.

I certainly hope you have more restful nights than we did. In Feb 2012, we did a b2b on CB in F311 and when the stabilizers were out, it was so loud all night long that we'd sleep at the pool during the day. We did a 17 nighter on Golden in the same cabin in Oct 2011 and had no problems. We loved the location, size and perks so much on the Golden, we changed our cabin on CB from an aft balcony to WS - what a mistake.... hope you have a much quieter cruise.

We had our first window suite on the Caribbean Princess, F305.. We loved the suite, the quiet hallway outside the suite and the perks.I would do it again on a cruise where you probably wouldn't use a balcony much. We did it on a British Isles cruise. The smell of smoke was very strong around cabin F301-and F303.. I would not choose those for that reason. I noticed thate reason for the strong smell, was that the door to the cigar lounge was kept open most of the time, which in my opinion is a bad idea. We did have 2 rough nights and yes, there was a loud banging noise from the stabilizers but it didn't bother me. Granted, I do not have good hearing so that may be why! On the plus side, there is very little motion felt in this location. pj

Be warned !!

We were in F409 on the CB last Christmas. The suite was beautiful but, if you hit rough weather and the stabalizers are used you will NOT be able to sleep at night.

The noise is loud and terrifing. Several of us complained and had staff come in our suites in the middle of the night. Nothing could be done. We just had to put up with it.

When I say loud, I mean loud. It was bad.

When Princess redesigned some of the ships to produce these special suites no one took into account the fact that they are positioned above the stabalizers.

The suites are beautiful. But !!

Susan - Vancouver Canada

We were on the CB in F309 just over a month before she was beached by 'propulsion issues'. The first few nights, we joked that in rough seas the stabilizers sounded like mating humpbacks. But Friday night was so bad we could not sleep a wink! Spent most of our Saturday sea day napping from the exhaustion. I am by no means a light sleeper; it was REALLY bad. :( The rest of our party, 6 decks up, had no complaints.

Wow. Interesting that several of you have complained about the loud noise from the stabilizers and all were on the CB. I wonder if the Golden is built the same way? Our cruise was very smooth so I doubt stabilizers were needed.

I did notice that they kept the door to the Cigar bar open. When we entered our hallway from that end (after leaving the Princess Theater) we could smell a little smoke by the first couple of rooms (although my dh swears he could smell it by ours in f311). I also noticed that the door to our hallway near the cigar bar was also always open. Usually we entered from the other end near the Passenger Services desk but that door was always shut! I think they need to shut the other door too. Maybe the people in cabins f301, 303 etc didn't smell smoke in their rooms so no one complained.

We loved the room and the few perks we used. We never took advantage of the pre dinner cocktails and canapés though. Just the free internet, Sabatini's breakfast and the embarkation free dinner in the Crown Grill.

We were in a window suite on the Golden for our Hawaii cruise. It was pretty rough coming back and they had the stabilizers out. It was definitely noisy. I would still book a window suite again. I couldn't believe how much closet space was in those rooms! Here's a link to pictures of F307 on the Golden if anyone is interested.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/582795178ZGKCyf

We have booked Window Suites 3 times and have a 4th booked for our TA in August.

We always select the WS when priced at mini-suite pricing level. It is by far the best value Princess offers. When the stablizers are deployed the cabin may be a bit noisy. However, we had no problem sleeping through the noise.

The WS location is the best on the ship and the extra perks (even with Elite status) are great.

Occasionally the Princess pricing computer prices the WS at or near the other full suites. When they do we drop back to a mini-suite. Hopefully the WS will remain unpopular so we can continue to book them at lower prices.

P&J

Thanks to the OP for asking the question and to all for the feedback. In the past we've had mini-suites and, most recently, VS and PS suites and haven't gotten spoiled by the full suite amenities. When I reserved for a British Isles cruise next year the other full suites were twice as expensive as the mini-suites but the window suites were even cheaper than the top mini-suite categories! Figuring that the weather won't be very conducive to balcony sitting, reserving the WS was a no brainer. I'll just remember to back ear plugs (although we can sleep through just about anything).

So do Window Suites get the full benefits just like a full balcony suite, e.g. full room service menu etc?

How do I determine from the deck plans which is a suite with balcony and which is a suite with windows. Do they use a particular category code?

Thanks,

Christine.

So do Window Suites get the full benefits just like a full balcony suite, e.g. full room service menu etc?

How do I determine from the deck plans which is a suite with balcony and which is a suite with windows. Do they use a particular category code?

Thanks,

Christine.

Window Suites get all of tthe perks of full balcony suites. They are on the Fiesta deck and there are only six of them.

Thanks,

Christine.

Same perks as any other full suite. WS are on Fiesta deck and are only on the Grand, Golden, and Caribbean. They are currently Cat WS and will be Cat S7 after the fleet reorganization.

Thanks,

Christine.

Window Suites get all of the perks of balcony full suites. They are on fiesta deck and there are only six of them.

Had a WS on the Grand a couple of weeks ago. Did not hear any stabliser noise even though we had some very rough seas - it is possible of course that they were not being used.

No smell from the cigar bar, the doors at each end of the corridor were always closed though.

Loudest thing in the room was the aircon, it was really a lot noisier than I remember in other cabins.

Jacuzzi bath is nice, but is not quite as long as the ones in the other full suites so could fully stretch out.

Other than that, no complaints at all, and so handy to get to the IC for that 6am latte.

Archived