Prepay tips and prepay sign and sail card

starsteveo

In the past I had a TA do it for me, but now I'm handling my booking on my own. How do you prepay tips before you cruise and how do I send myself cash gifts to be loaded on my sign and sail card well before cruise time. I have made my payments for the cruise online but have not figured out how to prepay these things yet. I have tried searching but it always turns out like a bad BING commercial. LOL

Thanks, I could call. So there is no way to do it online?

I don't know about prepaying the tips (I do that when I book so haven't had to do it after the fact), but you can purchase Fun Ship Dollars through Bon Voyage. Instead of putting your address, put OBC and your booking number. I've done that before and just took along my confirmation in case there were any questions. You'll be able to see the OBC on your cruise documents once it's applied.

all are correct above BUT if you want to prepay OBC where money come straight from your credit card directly to OBC you can just call Carnival and ask for the Promotions Department. You can do this up until 30days before your cruise date. After that when you call the Promotions Department they will ask for you to fax over your photo id and cc information. :rolleyes:

Doing it the above way or purchasing Fun Ship Dollars is correct. But you can save yourself some steps doing it the way i mentioned.;)

Happy Cruising!

But with the drink coupons, gratuity is included. So it saves a little bit of money using those, as opposed to using your onboard credit.

I agree with you. Some people say they don't bother with them but to me .86 cent savings per drink for someone like me who enjoys a few quite a few dod's I have added fun ship dollars and bought drink coupons.

OP you can add obc by searching carnival bon voyage for funship dollars and add them tht way. If you don't want to call to add. When adding these online when it asks for ur address put your booking number in the address field and type on board credit beside ur booking number. And it will be applied to your account. That's what I did at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But with the drink coupons, gratuity is included. So it saves a little bit of money using those, as opposed to using your onboard credit.

Gratuity is included on the amount covered by the coupon only. If you purchase a drink that costs $7.75, the coupon would cover the first $5.75, you would then be charged the extra $2.00 PLUS 15% gratuity on that $2.00 on your S&S card. (At least this is how it worked when we used the drink coupons.)

Gratuity is included on the amount covered by the coupon only. If you purchase a drink that costs $7.75, the coupon would cover the first $5.75, you would then be charged the extra $2.00 PLUS 15% gratuity on that $2.00 on your S&S card. (At least this is how it worked when we used the drink coupons.)

Yes that's true but the gratuity is a little lower.

When I purchase a classic cocktail they are usually 8.75+15%=10.06 without a drink coupon.

With a drink coupon

They are 8.75-5.75=3.00+15%= 3.45

So 3.45 on s&s if you add the 5.75 drink coupon and the 3.45 paid comes to 9.20 making a savings of .86 cent per drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived