I'm okay with no Liquor packages...One wish!

I loved the premium drink package when I sailed Celebrity, but I understand RCI is more family oriented and it's just not happening (maybe someday!). BUT, I do have ONE WISH I would love to be able to make a reality...

One of the nicest things about the premium package was you handed them the card, they swiped it and handed it back to you. I would LOVE not to have to sign those stupid slips every time. And no, I don't want the receipt either!

I know a lot of people want them and use them to track things. That's just not the way I am. So, wouldn't it be great if when you were checking in before boarding, if you could somehow elect to decline signature and receipt. Then, when they swiped your card, they could get some sort of indicator that you're all set?

I'm a man of simple wishes....

I would LOVE not to have to sign those stupid slips every time. And no, I don't want the receipt either!

Hilarious!! I know exactly what you mean. Sea Days are the worse. I always joke with the pool server folks and say, "I'm going to be in this chair for the next 6 - 8 hours ........ can you run a tab for me?" They just smile and keep handing me a thousand hunks of paper. :D

Most ships allow you to track your charges on the TV in your cabin. If you're able to remember how many lovely beverages you've had by the pool, then just click you your bill, say to yourself 'Yep, I remember all those' and nod off to sleep.

However, we were on Ench. in March and they don't offer the TV-Bill to all due to older tv sets in some cabins.

I agree with you... Just swipe and go, because having 28 reciepts fall out of your pocket when trying to get your room key out is just embarassing...:D

Guest maddycat

On our last cruise we received our final sea pass bill on the morning of debarkation. I noticed a photography charge for over $70. The only photos that we got on the cruise were the free ones with our diamond coupons. I went to the photography studio to get the charge removed. I insisted that they show me a signed receipt for the charge. After going through all of the receipts for the previous day they could only produce the receipt for the free photos. The charge was removed. Without signed receipts there would have been no way to prove that we didn't purchase over $70 worth of photos.

On our last cruise we received our final sea pass bill on the morning of debarkation. I noticed a photography charge for over $70. The only photos that we got on the cruise were the free ones with our diamond coupons. I went to the photography studio to get the charge removed. I insisted that they show me a signed receipt for the charge. After going through all of the receipts for the previous day they could only produce the receipt for the free photos. The charge was removed. Without signed receipts there would have been no way to prove that we didn't purchase over $70 worth of photos.

That is true. But that hasn't stopped so many other merchants from moving away from the practice. I would still like the option. I realize I'm possibly opening myself up to a little liability, but honestly, I'm willing to take the chance.

Maybe I'm being foolish, but that's my prerogative, and I would love the OPTION...

I once had a server that after day 3 would just sign them for me and my boys. She was on the ball and the last cruise I ever paid for thier drinks, cigars, etc! Bill would not fit under the door! Ouch!

But looking back it was the best cruise ever. One son passed away the next year so it was a wonderful memory.

Royal isn't offering an all you can drink package on cruises leaving from the US but they are letting TA's sell packages that include "All you can drink". My next Monarch cruise as well as the cruise just before ours has a group that will have stickers on there card representing "All you can drink" onboard as well as CocoCay.

I hate the receipts too but without them I think many might try to get out of a few drinks they didn't remember ordering. :D Signature even of a drunk person proves they were served.

BonVoyage

Dawna

If they did that though, I can just see the disputes of "I didn't order THAT many drinks, etc." that would happen at the end of the cruise. It's their only proof (and yours) that it truly belongs on your sea pass card.

Archived