Millennium photos - newly refurbished decor

GARYTHEHITMAN

Rebecca, Patty1955 posted a link to her images of menus from the 1st post Solsticization cruise aboard Millie last month. Click here to link to her post where she linked the menu images.:)

Lynn, thanks for posting that link. Now, I don't have to scan mine yet. We didn't have menu 9 through menu 15 on our cruise. I had really wanted to try the Lobster Bisque but in was on menu 9.

Great pictures. What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks.

Vicky

Almost all the photos were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T2i, 10-22mm Canon lens, on a Ravelli tripod, ISO 100. To ensure a minimum of passengers in the photos, I did most of my shooting between 6 AM and 7 AM, when only a few early birds were up and about, and the first coffee of the day was available. Because almost all of the photos were shot in available light, a tripod was almost mandatory. With longer exposure times, the images tend to have a softer focus, and a warmer color palette.

I recently returned from the June 8 sailing of the Millennium from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, also first time on a larger cruise ship --- all my previous cruises have been on small ships such as Club Med, Windstar, Rennaisance.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship, which can be seen online at my Picasa website, at the folllowing link: https://picasaweb.google.com/108922422869265475120/CelebrityMillenniumOnBoard#.........

Almost all the photos were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T2i, 10-22mm Canon lens....... Because almost all of the photos were shot in available light, a tripod was almost mandatory. With longer exposure times, the images tend to have a softer focus, and a warmer color palette.

Gary, Thanks for sharing your excellent photos! Really enjoyed them in anticipation of our 30 day B2B Panama Canal cruise coming up in September aboard Millennium!:) I also use Canon equipment including the lens you used. It's great having really good tools to work with. :D

Lynn, thanks for posting that link. Now, I don't have to scan mine yet. We didn't have menu 9 through menu 15 on our cruise. I had really wanted to try the Lobster Bisque but in was on menu 9.

Tenn4ever, You're most welcome! Patty's cruise was for 15 days, Westbound, through the Panama Canal right after Millie was Solsticized.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship...

Nice pix.

What post-pressing did you use/do? PhotoShop, plugins? Photomatix?

Some of the pix have a surreal, rather "dreamy" look to them. Did you shoot jpeg or raw? Contrast ratio is real nice...

Very nice pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them...

Did you get a look at the spa area & Persian gardens?

How are the stateroom bathrooms compared to before?

I was up in the spa area every morning for stretch class. It was very open and spacious, with great views forward. Great place for glacier watching, as opposed to the very crowded Cosmos lounge directily above.

I am not familiar with the Persian Gardens, and this was my first cruise with Celebrity. My understanding from other passengers is that the bathrooms were not changed.

Nice pix.

What post-pressing did you use/do? PhotoShop, plugins? Photomatix?

Some of the pix have a surreal, rather "dreamy" look to them. Did you shoot jpeg or raw? Contrast ratio is real nice...

For many of the photos that I shot on a tripod, I used exposure bracketing, then blended the images using a freebie post-processing software package called Fusion. All other images were edited in Picasa.

I shot some photos in both jpeg and RAW, then converted the RAW images to jpeg using DXO Pro. I couldn't see much difference in the results, so I shot everything in jpeg afterwards.

I am looking at Photomatix, as well as several other HDR offerings, but haven't decided which one to get. So many to choose from!

Very nice pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them...

Did you get a look at the spa area & Persian gardens?

How are the stateroom bathrooms compared to before?

I'm glad you brought up the bathrooms. That's one thing I forgot to mention in my cruise critic review that just posted. The tile in the bathroom showers is not cracked but the grout has the effects of mildew over time. It's very clean but somewhat discolored and should be replaced.

Here's a link for the picture of the bathroom in our veranda room, mid-ship on Vista Deck (7). This was a 2A cabin if that helps:

th_Brie202.jpg

Thanks for sharing you photos; they are terrific! Celebrity couldn't have done better.

We're sailing on the Millennium this Oct. to Hawaii and looking forward to the new look. Celebrity is to be commended for doing such a nice job; the ship looks iinviting and sophisticated at the same time.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for sharing you photos; they are terrific! Celebrity couldn't have done better.

We're sailing on the Millennium this Oct. to Hawaii and looking forward to the new look. Celebrity is to be commended for doing such a nice job; the ship looks iinviting and sophisticated at the same time.

Thanks again for sharing.

I tried to upload all the photos to the Photo Gallery in this forum, but was not successful, probably because the files were too large. It's very time consuming to re-size so many photos, but I might do a few.

Rebecca, Patty1955 posted a link to her images of menus from the 1st post Solsticization cruise aboard Millie last month. Click here to link to her post where she linked the menu images.:)

Thanks, I saw this in the original topic but wasn't sure if a 7-night cruise would be the same menus, just the first 7 menus? Any idea?

Thanks, I saw this in the original topic but wasn't sure if a 7-night cruise would be the same menus, just the first 7 menus? Any idea?

We had the first seven menus plus the one menu which is offered everyday. That was going northbound. Maybe, the second seven menus is offered going southbound. Someone from the southbound cruise would have to speak to that.

Hi Rebecca, Based on Tenn4ever's post it looks like they had the first 8 menus. I'm not sure if every cruise would be the same rotation of menus such as 1-7 for a 7 day, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if yours might be 1 thru 7 or some other combination from the 15 that Patty1955 posted. Wish I could be of more help.... maybe someone else can give a more definite answer. Whatever the case, I'm sure you won't go hungry!:D

Edit: Oops... I see that Tenn4ever must've been typing at the same time as me!

We had the first seven menus plus the one menu which is offered everyday. That was going northbound. Maybe, the second seven menus is offered going southbound. Someone from the southbound cruise would have to speak to that.

Thanks for letting me know! Do you recall there being a lobster night? I don't see lobster in the first 7 menus but see it on this Day 14 one:

http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/Patricia_Lenhart/?action=view&current=IMG_0262-1.jpg

Do you recall which night was lobster night? Was it the night of Skagway? I want to make sure I eat in the MDR that night and not a specialty restaurant.

Thanks again!

Thanks for letting me know! Do you recall there being a lobster night? I don't see lobster in the first 7 menus but see it on this Day 14 one:

http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/Patricia_Lenhart/?action=view&current=IMG_0262-1.jpg

Do you recall which night was lobster night? Was it the night of Skagway? I want to make sure I eat in the MDR that night and not a specialty restaurant.

Thanks again!

Yes, it was Skagway night - the 2nd Formal night. DH and one of our friends ordered the Lobster Tail. They said it was good but not enough:). I made the mistake of ordering the Quail. It was not very good - tough. :(

Archived