Millennium photos - newly refurbished decor

GARYTHEHITMAN

Yes, it was Skagway night - the 2nd Formal night. DH and one of our friends ordered the Lobster Tail. They said it was good but not enough:)......

Yay! Good to hear. I love lobster! :D

You can always ask for seconds! You will not be turned down!:D..We've had waiters who anticipated this & brought extra lobster to their serving stations. :)

You can always ask for seconds! You will not be turned down!:D..We've had waiters who anticipated this & brought extra lobster to their serving stations. :)

DH loves Shrimp Cocktail but said their were just too few shrimp. The last night he ordered two :D The only night I ordered two of anything was one night there was a second dessert I wanted to try - not that I really wanted to order two desserts. I only ate a few bites of the second one.

DH loves Shrimp Cocktail but said their were just too few shrimp. The last night he ordered two :D .....

I'm another fan of Shrimp Cocktail. I'm never shy about ordering a 2nd if not enough in the 1st. One thing I love about the =X= every day menu is that it includes Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail...... yumm!:D

I recently returned from the June 8 sailing of the Millennium from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, also first time on a larger cruise ship --- all my previous cruises have been on small ships such as Club Med, Windstar, Rennaisance.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship, which can be seen online at my Picasa website, at the folllowing link: https://picasaweb.google.com/108922422869265475120/CelebrityMillenniumOnBoard#

Almost all of the photos were taken in available light, no flash. Several were taken with an extreme wide-angle lens, which tends to alter perspective somewhat --- walls and surfaces may not seem to be parallel.

I managed to get into all of the restaurants, with the exception of Blu --- seemed like when they weren't serving a meal, the wait staff was having a meeting, or the doors were closed.

I found the interior decor to be quite tasteful, with a lot of interesting art works. Each of the elevator lobbies had a small statuette or sculpture in a wall niche on each floor. I did a collage of these pieces for easier viewing.

Enjoy!

-

Gary, I just read your review on Cruise Critic. Sounds like we concur on a few items - the pretty little desserts at the buffet - pretty but bland and the bread pudding was very good. Dining room food only average except for a few select dishes. Too bad you had rainy weather. The week before on the Northbound cruise we had the most beautiful weather - no rain and bright sun several days. This is an example of the sunshine we had at the different ports. Gary the pictures are not as good as yours. They are made with a small pocket size digital:

Seward

th_Alaska2371.jpg

Juneau

th_Alaska2148.jpg

Icy Point

th_Alaska2057.jpg th_Alaska2065.jpg

Leaving Ketchikan

th_Alaska2049.jpg

Skagway (Klondike Highway - Emerald Lake)

th_Alaska2251.jpg

We also visited the Klondike with Dyea Dave & saw Emerald Lake. Once we got away from Skagway and near the Canadian border, the overcast skies became partly sunny, was much more pleasant.

If you also saw my Picasa album of Victoria Island & the Butchart Gardens, all those photos were taken with a Canon pocket-sized camera. Again, overcast skies and a steady drizzle muted the beautiful colors.

We also visited the Klondike with Dyea Dave & saw Emerald Lake. Once we got away from Skagway and near the Canadian border, the overcast skies became partly sunny, was much more pleasant.

If you also saw my Picasa album of Victoria Island & the Butchart Gardens, all those photos were taken with a Canon pocket-sized camera. Again, overcast skies and a steady drizzle muted the beautiful colors.

I didn't see your pictures of Victoria Island and Butchart Gardens. Is the link on here? My pocket-size is a Canon Elph 310-HS. Part of the problem I had is I only had the camera a few days before our trip and did not study it at all. The instructions were mostly on a CD which I didn't even look at until we returned home :o.

• 1 month later...
I recently returned from the June 8 sailing of the Millennium from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, also first time on a larger cruise ship --- all my previous cruises have been on small ships such as Club Med, Windstar, Rennaisance.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship, which can be seen online at my Picasa website, at the folllowing link: https://picasaweb.google.com/108922422869265475120/CelebrityMillenniumOnBoard#

Almost all of the photos were taken in available light, no flash. Several were taken with an extreme wide-angle lens, which tends to alter perspective somewhat --- walls and surfaces may not seem to be parallel.

I managed to get into all of the restaurants, with the exception of Blu --- seemed like when they weren't serving a meal, the wait staff was having a meeting, or the doors were closed.

I found the interior decor to be quite tasteful, with a lot of interesting art works. Each of the elevator lobbies had a small statuette or sculpture in a wall niche on each floor. I did a collage of these pieces for easier viewing.

Enjoy!

Sailing our first cruise next year on the Millennium, and am now even more sure we picked right! Thanks so much for posting the photos.

Thank you for sharing your talent through these wonderful pictures. We are about 3 weeks out from leaving hot humid Houston to retreat to Alaska for a week and then on a cruise on the Millennium. I cannot wait to be on this beautiful ship.

• 11 months later...

Hi there --

I know this link hasn't been active for a year, but I am dying to see Gary's pictures after everyone raved over them! Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if the Picassa account is active anymore, or else the album has been taken down? Can anyone help? We are booked on Millie next May in Alaska and would love to see the pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Gary, your pictures are much better than mine of the interior which are posted at this link: Photos of the Millennium Public Spaces.

Here's a picture of BLU

Brie283.jpg

Although the original link is not working, this one still is. The Millie looks beautiful, really looking forward to seeing her again this October.

Thanks so much! I actually checked out those pics when I was scrolling through this thread earlier. They're great and gave me a good idea of what to expect! Everyone went so Ga-Ga over Gary's pics, I just thought I'd see if there was any way to still access them. :-)

Archived