Air Canada

ChicaChic

Air Canada used to have cheaper rates but then high fuel costs. Some rule made them include the fuel part in North America rates but not rates to Europe. So they would then advertise cheap rates to London but the fare would almost double by the time you added on surcharges and taxes. There are deals to be found but it's sometimes hard to get them to show up online. I tried forever to get a routing for DH to join his sibs on a trip to Rome, but they ended up needing a travel agent. If you are breaking up your trip, online bookings wouldn't let me do a stopover in another US city without an agent or Air Canada directly.

When we flew to Ireland for a year, we went Continental and they had most surcharges included in the price, plus flew into Shannon which we needed. When we returned it worked out cheaper for us to buy a return ticket and let the 2nd half go unused. They also let us check 2X50lb bags for free at the time and we had a years worth of luggage.

It once took me 5 minutes. Another time, 60 minutes.

For me it is 5-45 min.

In terminal 1 there is a seperate queue for connecting passangers that is usually faster that local passangers. Not certain about the setup at terminal 3.

Archived