Cancelling or changing a person

emt6121

We have a family cruise bboked for October on the Pride. There are 7 of us between 2 balcony rooms...my son is booked as a 3rd person in a quad with my husband, myself and my other son. He decided now he does not want to go...we booked early saver and have until 7-24-12 to pay the rest of the balance. We have someone else that can take his place. Can we change the name or just cancel him out and add another person? I think we would have to pay a $50.00 name change if we can even do this

The procedure would be you cancel your son, pay a $50.00 fee to do that and the remainder of the deposit ($200.00?) will remain as a credit to be used within 2 years on another cruise in your son's name. If you can prove you paid the original deposit, I believe there is a form to be filled out which will have the $200.00 put in your name for a future cruise, not this one. The new passenger would then have to put up a new deposit on this cruise. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

Gregg

The rules are not easy to find in FAQ , but I found this

Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee may be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Request Early Saver. Ships’ Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

The procedure would be you cancel your son, pay a $50.00 fee to do that and the remainder of the deposit ($200.00?) will remain as a credit to be used within 2 years on another cruise in your son's name. If you can prove you paid the original deposit, I believe there is a form to be filled out which will have the $200.00 put in your name for a future cruise, not this one. The new passenger would then have to put up a new deposit on this cruise. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

Gregg

This is correct. The form is "Transfer of Cruise Credit" form. You will need to provide proof, such as your bank statement or credit card statement.

This is good to know as we book ES way out..Just wife and I , so usually not a problem. We have done the $50 PP thing twice...

This is correct. The form is "Transfer of Cruise Credit" form. You will need to provide proof, such as your bank statement or credit card statement.

This is good to know as we book ES way out..Just wife and I , so usually not a problem. We have done the $50 PP thing twice...

I booked our Baltic cruise about 15 months out and booked the ES rate--it'll take something huge for us to miss that one. :D I know from experience about canceling a person on ES--had a cruise booked and my ex and I split. Fortunately, I paid the deposit and was able to prove it, so I applied it to the Baltic cruise. I really don't mind the ES rules--I know going in what I'm signing up for and I like the "game" of watching for price drops.

We have a family cruise bboked for October on the Pride. There are 7 of us between 2 balcony rooms...my son is booked as a 3rd person in a quad with my husband, myself and my other son. He decided now he does not want to go...we booked early saver and have until 7-24-12 to pay the rest of the balance. We have someone else that can take his place. Can we change the name or just cancel him out and add another person? I think we would have to pay a $50.00 name change if we can even do this

Thanks for all the help! I just called carnival to cancel my son and the way it turned out is, we paid $371.00 for his rate...$250.00 would be taken as the cancellation fee leaving me with $121.00 toward a future cruise. It really stinks but that is the rules under earlysaver and $121.00 is better then losing it all!

This is exactly why I am so hesitant about adding my daughter's friend's name for her 2013 graduation cruise. So here's what my TA did: Booked 2 cabins ~ 1 triple with husband and my 2 girls and then me as 1 passenger. Once we get closer to final payment being due, I will add the name and pay for my daughter's friend. At that point, I will discuss with parents of friend and let them know that while we are paying for the cruise, if they cancel for any reason, they will have to reimburse us for the cancellation fee.

Thanks for all the help! I just called carnival to cancel my son and the way it turned out is, we paid $371.00 for his rate...$250.00 would be taken as the cancellation fee leaving me with $121.00 toward a future cruise. It really stinks but that is the rules under earlysaver and $121.00 is better then losing it all!

This does not sound right. If you are before final payment date you should only have lost $50 and have $200 towards a future cruise .

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly why I am so hesitant about adding my daughter's friend's name for her 2013 graduation cruise. So here's what my TA did: Booked 2 cabins ~ 1 triple with husband and my 2 girls and then me as 1 passenger. Once we get closer to final payment being due, I will add the name and pay for my daughter's friend. At that point, I will discuss with parents of friend and let them know that while we are paying for the cruise, if they cancel for any reason, they will have to reimburse us for the cancellation fee.

We also did this - booked 2 rooms my name on 1 and hubby's on the other because we are planning our 30th wedding Anniversary and my son joined the Army so we are paying for the kids and their girlfriend/boyfriend to come celebrate. But we don't know if my son will be all done with his military training so we are waiting to add all the names - but I was told by a carnival rep that the ship may book to limit then we can't add anymore people - that could happen but I'm hoping we don't run into that YIKES

This does not sound right. If you are before final payment date you should only have lost $50 and have $200 towards a future cruise .

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't right. After making these changes, I checked my booking on carnival's website. Thank god I did because the woman messed up the booking bigtime. I called carnival back, thank god I did, and apparently what the first woman did was cancel the whole booking and "reactivate" the remaining booking, which made our cruise fare go up by several hundred dollars..with my remaining balance going up by $400.00!! She also explained the cancellation fee wrong. We actually only lost the $50.00 with the remaining $200.00 going toward a future cruise, not losing the whole $250.00.

It wasn't right. After making these changes, I checked my booking on carnival's website. Thank god I did because the woman messed up the booking bigtime. I called carnival back, thank god I did, and apparently what the first woman did was cancel the whole booking and "reactivate" the remaining booking, which made our cruise fare go up by several hundred dollars..with my remaining balance going up by $400.00!! She also explained the cancellation fee wrong. We actually only lost the $50.00 with the remaining $200.00 going toward a future cruise, not losing the whole $250.00.

Good thing you called back. This (second result) sounds more like what should have happened.

Good for you! This is why I love CC ;)

? did I miss something? where do you get this form?

As others have said, call Carnival back and they can email you the form. Unfortunately, it has to be Notarized.

My notary charges $20, so I wasn't willing to do that for a net of $30.

Good luck!

As others have said, call Carnival back and they can email you the form. Unfortunately, it has to be Notarized.

Good luck!

That's crazy! Wow! I can get things notarized at my bank for free. Maybe it's a regional thing? I've never paid to get something notarized--around here most banks have a notary as a service to their customers.

A friend would like to join us but has no travel buddy so I thought maybe I can move one of my kids into her cabin and pay the difference. Is there a penalty for moving a fourth passenger to another cabin yet to be booked? We are under ES currently. Also, does it make any difference if we do this after final payment as we are waiting for a better rate closer to sailing since the ES rate is not available anymore.

I am hoping thre is no penalty as technically we are giving Carnival more money and not downgrading or changing names.

Please post if you have done this before. Thank you!

Good luck!

Also, how was the net only $30? When you cancel ES, you're charged a $50 administration fee and then the rest of the deposit is the cruise credit we're talking about. In my case, it was an Alaska cruise, so it was a $300 credit. On a 7-day cruise to most other destinations, it would be a $200 credit...

A friend would like to join us but has no travel buddy so I thought maybe I can move one of my kids into her cabin and pay the difference. Is there a penalty for moving a fourth passenger to another cabin yet to be booked? We are under ES currently. Also, does it make any difference if we do this after final payment as we are waiting for a better rate closer to sailing since the ES rate is not available anymore.

I am hoping thre is no penalty as technically we are giving Carnival more money and not downgrading or changing names.

I haven't done this before, but there are no changes with ES, so I believe there would be a $50 fee.

Also not sure if the deposit would transfer or you would end up with a credit in your DD's name. Did you book through a PVP? If so, I would give them a call and let them know the situation. When I canceled my ex out of our cabin on our last cruise, my PVP got a supervisor to approve our downgrading from a suite to a balcony cabin and you're not supposed to be able to do that. So, if you have a PVP, talk to him or her and ask for a supervisor's help if you need to. Good luck!

Archived