Platinum & Diamond Cruisers from recent voyages: How was the VIFP on your ship?

Sailfish

TomNCheryl just boarded the Liberty.

He posted this new Diamond card he received (and I believe this is also his 50th cruise so that was noted as well.) under All Things VIFP....

The new Diamond card is WHITE (as I reported earlier).

The Chief Purser called their cabin when they arrived. He and his wife got invited to eat with the Captain, but they declined. They prefer to eat in the Steakhouse every night and dine alone.

He got the impression that he and his wife were the only 2 Diamonds onboard.

He also posted a picture of the new ship pin.

Looks like the "All things VIPF" thread disappeared. Was the photo of hte new ship pin posted anywhere else by chance? :confused:

Looks like the "All things VIPF" thread disappeared. Was the photo of hte new ship pin posted anywhere else by chance? :confused:

I actually went and posted on that thread last night because YES Tom&Cheryl had put up a photo of the new pin as well as their new Milestone/Diamond Card.....I just went to look and see the thread is gone.

Hopefully someone will get those photos posted on another thread for you

2. Did you get a for a free drink at breakfast, brunch or lunch? If so, what were your choices? Did you receive a coupon for it? How easy was it to get your free drink?

That has the potential to be an interesting question, Suzi . . .

I'm curious what the response would be if someone handed over their Complimentary Beverage coupon, pointed to the picture of the beverage printed on the coupon, and said, "Hey, I'll have one of those"

"I'm sorry but those are no longer available. It's just yet another snafu by our brilliant marketing team in Miami Corporate. Can I get you something else?"

:rolleyes: . . :rolleyes: . . :rolleyes: . . :rolleyes:

Im glad you didnt have the same issue. Hubby's shirts were literally wadded up and stuffed back in the bags. His light blue shirt had something splattered all over it. I put something on it twice, once we got home. Some of the "whatever" came out but not all of it.

wow...hate to hear that happened....

we have used the wash and fold about 10 times a year (usually we send it out once on short cruise and twice on 7 day cruises) and have always gotten them back in pristine condition.

But then I am very careful about what I send. Blue jeans, shorts, tops (if they are not delicate), socks, underwear etc

Welcome to (left wing) USA the land of Generation-Y: The Entitlement Generation. :mad:

Was that outloud? :eek::rolleyes::D

This does not apply to the cruising perks.

Entitlements are things not earned or paid for.

These perks have both been earned and been paid for.....

I/We are just happy to cruise. Perks are nice and we will take or use

them. But. we don't pick a cruiseline or ship b/c of perks. We pick for

price and ports. Also the sailing date. Whatever we get is just a plus.

This does not apply to the cruising perks.

Entitlements are things not earned or paid for.

These perks have both been earned and been paid for.....

There's nothing that bothers me more than people who try to act all high and mighty by dismissing other people's valid arguments. Like LHP said... perks are earned and are offered by the company; they are not entitlements.

Yep....like they did the Fun Farewell Party for ""lack of interest"" .... :rolleyes:

And also messed with the past guest party because it was "too well attended."

Hmmm - They are shooting for that "middle of the road" experience, I guess :rolleyes:

GP

This thread has already begun to degrade into the same feel as the old VIFP thread where it was more snide comments - attacks on other posters - off topic posts and arguments over little things.

We all know how many people feel about the changes... it's been posted over and over and over.

This is getting way off topic, can't we just stay on topic of recent VIFP experiences? I would love to read about those without all the nastiness.

• 1 month later...
I have 8 cruises on Carnival under my belt and I am wondering if anyone knows, does the Platinum status start with the 10th (on arrival) or not until the 10th cruise is done? I am looking forward to the ealy embarkation!!!

It would start on your 10th assuming you cruise that 10th before 12/31/2013. That is the grace period to become platinum on your 10th cruise. Otherwise you won't be Platinum until you hit 75 days.

Just back from the Glory....my 30th Carnival cruise. We did go to the past guest party and really didn't see what all the hoopla was about. It was nice that it was held in a smaller lounge but the snacks were nothing great and anything other than the "funship" special drink had to be requested.

Used the "wash & fold" laundry service twice and clothes came back neatly folded.

Just off the Dream. My platinum benefits were essentially the same as they were prior to VIFP. We used complimentary laundry twice but since DH and I are both platinum it really didnt matter that they limit it now. We had easy embaraktion and disembarkation. We had a tray of canapies delivered which were very good, much bgetter than before. Chocolate covered strawberries and white chocolate covered rice crispy treats and dark chocolate covered rice crispy treats-all very rich and delicious. The past guest party has changed a bit, no more drawings for prizes. They have the cruise director talking about the funship 2.0 upgrades, show a revised movie that still includes the clip of all the ships you cheer for and then they bring in the entertainment staff and pass out beads and do a few line dances with the DJ playing.

The best benefit is the ability to skip the permanent line at guest services!! The "free" laundry is a crock, we were charged $15, I think Carnival charges everyone then hopes you wont notice/dispute the charge. We were on the first group to get off the ship though, unfortunately we had a late afternoon flight and were in no hurry to debark. Getting onboard is easy, you are shown into a little private room where someone takes your paperwork and brings you back the room keys while you relax.

The best benefit is the ability to skip the permanent line at guest services!! The "free" laundry is a crock, we were charged $15, I think Carnival charges everyone then hopes you wont notice/dispute the charge. We were on the first group to get off the ship though, unfortunately we had a late afternoon flight and were in no hurry to debark. Getting onboard is easy, you are shown into a little private room where someone takes your paperwork and brings you back the room keys while you relax.

Our bill showed a $15 charged but also a $15 "deposit" that cancelled it out

Archived