LIVE: Allure Western 7/1-7/8/12 with SilentBob007 and family

Thanks for sharing so much of your experiences during your cruise SilentBob. We are sailing on the Oasis in a few months and this was a fun review. Appreciate you spending the time to do this for us cruise junkies!!!

Have a great trip home.

RA

Any idea why you docked the wrong way around? That could explain why they are a bit slow, everyone is lining up on the wrong side! I had fun following your cruise this week, well done!

Any idea why you docked the wrong way around? That could explain why they are a bit slow, everyone is lining up on the wrong side! I had fun following your cruise this week, well done!

They said they needed to do some work on a side of the ship. We exited off the promenade through the crew stair access point.

The pool is amazing at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

You will enjoy that for sure.

Ask for a room facing the pool, you should be able to see both the pool and beach from there plus watch the ships leave the port tonight when they go out to sea from your balcony.

Amazing Resort !

The customs agents are taking pictures of the backup ... that bodes well. The first row in 10 minutes was just dismissed. This is quite a mess.

I guess you wouldn't have made a 10.05am flight out of Ft Lauderdale this time :D:D

Most definitely not ... just got to the hotel after picking up the rental car. It was an hour to get off the ship and through customs. The rental car bus was completely full to the point where there was no standing space left.

There were some people screaming at the customs agents that their flight was in an hour. I have no idea, however, why they were trying to get off at 10 AM if that was the case. It was not a good disembarkation experience for about 1,000 people I'd say. I'm not sure how it went earlier.

I know last summer when I boarded the Oasis with my 3 boys we were not questioned, and I did not have a notorized letter -- perhaps this was because I still retain their last name so all the docs are with the same last name? I also do have physical custody.

But now I am getting nervous about our Allure trip in August... I would think we would be ok?

My biological son's last name is different from mine (I'm remarried) and I have always had to have a notorized letter from his biological father when doing cruises. You can access a standard (template) letter on-line.

I know last summer when I boarded the Oasis with my 3 boys we were not questioned, and I did not have a notorized letter -- perhaps this was because I still retain their last name so all the docs are with the same last name? I also do have physical custody.

But now I am getting nervous about our Allure trip in August... I would think we would be ok?

My suggestion to you would be to get a letter notarized. You can go to your local bank. The letter should have medical release and state you have custody. I travel with my grandkids, different last names. I keep a notarized letter with me; it allows me to make medical decisions for the kids and states I am their grandfather. I did this because years ago, one of my grandsons cut his finger, and it required stitches. The hospital was not going to allow me to admit him because I was not the legal parent. Our daughter was back home; we could not get her on the phone. It can get messy. Sorry to be so long winded; but am trying to give you options.

Archived