NOLA fun with a teenager?

ahysmith

Can someone suggest activity/activities that would be fun for 2 adults AND a 13yr old girl?

We are sailing out of NO July 23 and are planning to arrive about lunch the day before, so we will have all afternoon and evening/night to do a little something before we set sail!!

I am unsure of what would be a good activity that my daughter would enjoy - - - Any input would be great!!

Still deciding WHERE to stay.. thought I would think of activities first, then decide... I mean no need to book near French Quarter if there isn't anything in that area appropriate for my daughter to enjoy and us to be safe...

Except for Bourbon Street, the French Quarter is fine for a 13 year-old. You can take a guided or self-guided tour, or just wander around, and it's safe, as long as you stay in busy areas.

Beyond that, it just depends on what she likes to do. A river cruise on the Natchez or a trip to the aquarium or zoo are both fun. If she likes music, there are some pretty good street musicians on Royal Street and free concerts at the Old U.S. Mint. There are city tours, plantation tours, swamp tours: something for everyone. It has been a while since my kids were 13, so she might think of all these suggestions as boring, but maybe one or two will appeal to her.

Archived