Allure Reservations Disaster

I had made a reservation for the Samba grill about 2 months ago. My CC was fully charged and I paid! Last night I was attempting to switch around the days and add and additional dinner at Chops. I went back and forth as the times I were picking were conflicting with shows booked as there are only 9:30pm reservations left for Chops.

Anyway, I finally had made up my mind, went to switch the Samba grill back to the original date and I kept receiving an error stating "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

I went to bed assuming it was a glitch in the RCCL system but then had the same error this morning. I finally called and spent a good hour of my day with RCCL trying to figure out the issue. Initially they stated that I did not have any speciaity reservations booked (mind you I already paid for the Samba grill). They then went through my history and saw that the payment was made. No one at RCCL can figure out what the issue is. I see th reservations in parts of my registration but when I go to change it, I keep getting the error. Apparently they have pushed it off to another department but I'm just becoming fustuarting because it honestly should not be this difficult. The Allure will be my 12th cruise (the first with dealing with reservations) and I'm already fustuarted.

Any thoughts..

No...it shouldn't be this difficult...but it's hardly a "disaster"....you'll be on vacation! Stop the frustration.....start getting into an "anything goes" mode.

I am not a fan of having to pre-reserved anything on vacation. Book your lodging (your cabin)...and go with the flow. It's supposed to be a relaxing, rejuvenating time!

I had a similar problem when booking specialty dining. It was easy enough to make the initial reservation, but cancelling it and rebooking was a problem requiring a long phone call to Royal in order to straighten it out.

No...it shouldn't be this difficult...but it's hardly a "disaster"....you'll be on vacation! Stop the frustration.....start getting into an "anything goes" mode.

I am not a fan of having to pre-reserved anything on vacation. Book your lodging (your cabin)...and go with the flow. It's supposed to be a relaxing, rejuvenating time!

When I am paying as much as I am for some of my cruises I want to make sure I get to do ths things I want. If this means pre-booking and paying so that I can relax once on board and enjoy, that is what makes sense for me.

To the OP, sorry you are having such a difficult time getting it all set. It should not be that difficult.

"Go with the flow" may be YOUR mode of operation while on a cruise, but it it certainly not everyones, including the original poster. Drives me crazy when someone has a legitimate issue and others have the nerve to tell them to do things 'their' way! Cell phones are another example. How often have we heard posters tell people to just lock it in the safe until the end of the cruise? What works for one will not necessarily work for all. :)

Archived