Delayed debarkation on Oasis or Allure?

Okay, There's a bunch of threads about flight times, and one has gotten a lot of debate particularly with regards to Oasis and Allure. So, I'm posting a question:

Has anyone here ever experienced a delay in early debarkation from Oasis or Allure?

If so, when, how long, and did it affect your travel plans?

I have heard a lot of stories on other ships, but I am yet to hear a first hand account of Oasis or Allure ever having any delays in debarkation. So, with several years of service, can ANYONE share a story?

In my 5 cruises between the Oasis and Allure we have carried our own luggage off between 6:30 and 6:45 with minimal lines. They have their act together on this ship.

Of course there are always exceptions - which may be your cruise!

In all my cruises that I can remember, we only had one delayed departure. There was a medical emergency and we had to make an emergency stop to drop someone off in Miami. The next day passenger departure started about 10 a.m. in Port Canaveral. We drove so there was no big problems.

In all my cruises that I can remember, we only had one delayed departure. There was a medical emergency and we had to make an emergency stop to drop someone off in Miami. The next day passenger departure started about 10 a.m. in Port Canaveral. We drove so there was no big problems.

Oasis/Allure do not port in Port Canaveral. Maybe you where on the Freedom of the Seas. The OP is asking specifically about the Allure/Oasis in Ft. Lauderdale.

Okay, There's a bunch of threads about flight times, and one has gotten a lot of debate particularly with regards to Oasis and Allure. So, I'm posting a question:

Has anyone here ever experienced a delay in early debarkation from Oasis or Allure?

I have heard a lot of stories on other ships, but I am yet to hear a first hand account of Oasis or Allure ever having any delays in debarkation. So, with several years of service, can ANYONE share a story?

Not really they have the BEST debarkation, they really have it together. It amazed us that with so many people it was handled fabulously.

Yes, it does happen. We were delayed about an hour. We had a 12:45p flight and had one of the last departure times. Things got really backed up in customs and they stopped calling numbers. We did have a car service picking up our group so we didn't need to get in the taxi lines. I think it was close to 11 by the time we finally cleared customs and were on our way. We were getting a little anxious but made it to the airport in time.

The very first groups off were OK but there were some early folks that did not get off as early as they wanted to. The whole process was backed up that morning.

Did they really DELETE the thread about trying to make an 8:50 flight?

I agree that it had gotten a little out of hand. But I think there was a lot of useful information in there. That's really a shame. They should be like TripAdvisor: There, when a thread gets derailed, they close it but don't delete it. All deleting that does is diminish the quality of the search function. Come on Cruise Critic, get with the program!:(

You asked so please read this page starting at post 209 about the deladed departure on the Oasis this weekend 7/7/2012 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1662166&page=11

and on the next page

We were on the same sailing. Great idea to post while onboard but the cost and the urge to "disconnect" definitely prevented me from doing so!

We are first timers but I planned obsessively - just a few impressions from me before I pass out - it's been a long day.

We were #77 for disembarkation and were amazed at the long customs line. That being said it wasn't an issue for us - we had a 12:25 flight so hopped a cab and were at FLL at 11:15. I usually think of ways to make things more efficient but I was too darn tired.

I posted this on the 8:50 a.m. flight thread...

If you SELF-DISEMBARK from Oasis or Allure, you can usually leave the ship about 6:15 - 6:30. The Compass will say 6:45, but it's always earlier. We left our cabin at 6:30 a.m. last Sunday, and we were at the GATE at the airport at 7:00 a.m. Walk out of the cruise terminal, turn left, grab a cab, and go. (We have done this 5 times now.) Use curbside check-in, and you're on your way. We flew American, and I have heard stories of delays at the airport with other airlines.

If you won't have a TOTAL disaster if you miss the flight, I say go for it. Just remember:

Self-disembark - head to your designated place EARLIER than posted

Grab a cab

Curbside check if you can

Best of luck...think you'll be fine IF YOU ARE ON OASIS OR ALLURE

YES!!! It happened on our sailing last October! Thank goodness we were staying an extra night in FLL.

We heard it was an issue in Customs (from a crew member that walked by us in the hallway going up to the MDR) and they didn't let anyone off for over 1 1/2 hours. We were suppose to get off at 8:45am, but our number wasn't called until 10:30am.

I am a huge advocate of not booking too early of a flight, because anything can happen, at anytime!:)

The line to get off was unbelievable! It went all the way up to the MDR and wrapped all the way around it. People around us were getting paranoid because of their flight times. My thought was simple--always play it safe and book a late morning/early afternoon flight....you just never know.

Archived