Olive salad

:)

Hi all,

I'm new to this and a friend suggested that I post here for my question. We just got back from our cruise on Freedom of the Seas. While on this cruise I had a awesome salad with black and green olives in it. It was delicious and I would love to make it for myself here at home. Does anyone have a recipe? Thanks.

:)

Hi all,

I'm new to this and a friend suggested that I post here for my question. We just got back from our cruise on Freedom of the Seas. While on this cruise I had a awesome salad with black and green olives in it. It was delicious and I would love to make it for myself here at home. Does anyone have a recipe? Thanks.

Are you talking about the olive tapenade? I don't have RCI's recipe, but there are tons of recipes for tapenade available online.

Be careful about gettng an RCI recipe.

A number of years ago, a friend of ours fell in love with one of their soups and was able to get the recipe from the chef.

The ingredients required were to serve 250!! :eek: Really.

She has never really able to adjust the indredients to this day.....

Could you be talking about the Greek Salad in the Windmammer? If so, that was the one thing that I had every single day on our last few RCI cruises. (I think I was Greek in a former life!) No recipe really needed - it's just diced cucumber, bell pepper, onion, Kalamata (or Greek black) or green olives, crumbled feta cheese. For a dressing, use a basic olive oil and vingear dressing, add a little salt and pepper, and a dash of Greek or Italian spices. Proportions aren't really important - just add what you like!

Does this look anything close to what you are asking about?

1/2 cup black olives

1/2 cup green olives

1 tablespoon capers (optional)

2 cloves garlic

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste

Adjust quantity as needed, finely chop olives and mix everything. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.

Could you be talking about the Greek Salad in the Windmammer? If so, that was the one thing that I had every single day on our last few RCI cruises. (I think I was Greek in a former life!) No recipe really needed - it's just diced cucumber, bell pepper, onion, Kalamata (or Greek black) or green olives, crumbled feta cheese. For a dressing, use a basic olive oil and vingear dressing, add a little salt and pepper, and a dash of Greek or Italian spices. Proportions aren't really important - just add what you like!

I eat a version of this almost every day for lunch. Chopped tomatoes, cukes (I leave out the onion for the sake of my clients I deal with after lunch!) a few black olives, feta cheese, olive oil, vinegar and I cheat and use a prepackaged Greek dry spice mix. (Growing up, we spiced up our own out of the various appropriate spices). That and a piece of bread is it! It's a very healthy lunch.

In Greece, it isn't chopped, and it's really just slices of tomato, spears of cukes, a huge chunk of feta, black olives, olive oil and vinegar. Other ingredients are at the discretion of the yiayia making it. Loved it!

Does this look anything close to what you are asking about?

1/2 cup black olives

1/2 cup green olives

1 tablespoon capers (optional)

2 cloves garlic

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste

Adjust quantity as needed, finely chop olives and mix everything. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.

Thanks!

Archived