Wireless Internet Western Caribbean

Aardvark

We're on the 7/15 sailing of the Legend, and I was wondering if anyone had any port specific information regarding wireless internet availability. If I could save a few dollars by accessing internet in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, or Grand Cayman it would be very helpful. I'm looking for known hotspots, internet cafes, etc. I would appreciate any advice and direction.

Thanks!

Cozumel, look across the street from the port, slightly to the right, tallish building says I95 on it and red on the front.. good internet cafe. I buy 5 hours for $12 if I will be back there in the next 6 months, as you get a card good for 6 months.

I think its $3 for an hour, might be $5 for 2 hours.. on up.

Grand Cayman, I found a coffee shop, down to the right in town most of the way, back one full block on the next street back from the street along the water.. buy anything, get unlimited time. they give you the code words. I got a can of coke for like $2.50, icy cold, and stayed there over an hour.

Watch where the crew goes.

In Grand Cayman, the patio on the 2nd floor across from the Port - just outside the Dunkin Donuts and the place to get BBD Rum has free wireless. And a block or so back there is a Starbucks.

Both places were full of crew on laptops when we were there in Sept.

The place in Cozumel, I recognized my cabin steward I had had on Triumph sitting right next to me :D

btw the place in cozumel also sells time in other ports.. for jamaica it is ocho rios and we ported at montego bay as a for instance .. but the time is good in at least 3 ports.

there is a coffee shop in the port in cozumel, but you still have to buy something to get the password.. so either way its not much difference and I prefer the a/c in the internet cafe.

Archived