Bags program

cruiserssandr

We are in the beginning stages of planning a cruise for Feb 2013. We are considering Ruby Princess out of Ft Lauderdale. This will be out first Princess cruise. We have sailed NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. While on NCL we have used the bags program and wonder if Princesss offers this. We found it to be a great way to end our vacation. Not having to deal with our bags at the end of the cruise made going home a little easer.

We are in the beginning stages of planning a cruise for Feb 2013. We are considering Ruby Princess out of Ft Lauderdale. This will be out first Princess cruise. We have sailed NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. While on NCL we have used the bags program and wonder if Princesss offers this. We found it to be a great way to end our vacation. Not having to deal with our bags at the end of the cruise made going home a little easer.

What airline?

It's called EZ Check and isn't available for all airlines. Also, your flight must leave after the times listed as "recommended" on the Princess website. I think it's 11:30am in FLL, 1:30pm in MIA but I'm not sure.

Jet Blue

At least as of two Decembers ago, JetBlue did participate in EZCheck -- I used it myself. Worked great. Just don't forget when you're packing up that last day about the liquid limitations on carryons, like someone [cough] did . . . !

It's called EZ Check and isn't available for all airlines. Also, your flight must leave after the times listed as "recommended" on the Princess website. I think it's 11:30am in FLL, 1:30pm in MIA but I'm not sure.

We used EZ check in March from FLL. Our bags beat us to the Airport in Dayton. We flew United. Are flying Delta out to LAX in December so we will have another experience to compare with.

We have used it twice and would NEVER do another cruise without it! Spend the $20 and sign up for it. They take your bags and you don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport whenever that is. They give you special luggage tags and boarding passes the night before and in the morning you get off the boat first and head to the airport. Nothing could be easier.

We have done it on SWA and United but there were many airlines listed on the form.

Barbara

We just did the ez check last week and worked great! Just fill out a form at the begninng of the week, make sure to have your trip id number and other flight info handy. The night before the cruise place your bags in front of the door and you'll get envelopes with your boarding passes. It was so nice to be able to skip the check in line at the airport. All it costs is $20 for the baggage fee.

Does anyone know if Alaska/Delta participates in EZ check out of NYC Laguardia? Have done EZ check before and it is wonderful!
I'm not at all sure that EZ Check is offered in NY. It's only at a few US ports and it wasn't offered the last time we disembarked in NY.
We just did the ez check last week and worked great! Just fill out a form at the begninng of the week, make sure to have your trip id number and other flight info handy.
I print an extra copy of my flight confirmation/information to hand in with the form, even though I also fill in the info on the form. That way, if any info isn't clear or they have questions, the info is there. It amazes me how some people just scribble in the information and then whine or complain that it wasn't read or interpreted correctly. :( If you qualify to have any bag fees waived, make sure you highlight, circle or write in bold why, and include any documentation if possible.

We have used it twice and would NEVER do another cruise without it! Spend the $20 and sign up for it. They take your bags and you don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport whenever that is. They give you special luggage tags and boarding passes the night before and in the morning you get off the boat first and head to the airport. Nothing could be easier.

We have done it on SWA and United but there were many airlines listed on the form.

Barbara

Barbara..when referring to SWA would that be southwest...I can only hope it is because Princess just told me they weren't on the list but maybe their referrence material isn't updated...thanks for your help ...Paulette

• 3 weeks later...

Pam, do you know which airlines do the EZ Check if you are flying out of FLL?

Thanks,

Sandy

Pam???

Posted this earlier on another thread:

I sure wish Princess would list the ports and airlines that participate in the EZ Check service on their website. Princess if your listing, please, please!!!!

We used it in March in FLL and it was wonderful. Does anyone know if Southwest Airlines participates at LAX?

Specifically looking for SWA out of LAX

Is this available in foreign ports? Ex. Copenhagen back to USA.
Only available for flights boarding in the US with your final destination within the US, and only at a few US disembarkation ports. It has to do with Customs. I believe Vancouver and other Canadian ports with US Customs at the Canadian airport are the exceptions although your final destination within the US still holds true.

From FLL, I believe it's pretty much the major US airlines. I think SWA in FLL has their own baggage check-in in the terminal. At least that used to be the case. I don't have a current list. I've used it for AA in the past out of FLL, it wasn't available in NY a couple of years ago and when I disembark in San Pedro, it's only a short drive home. Most of my cruises end in foreign ports.

Only available for flights boarding in the US with your final destination within the US, and only at a few US disembarkation ports. It has to do with Customs. I believe Vancouver and other Canadian ports with US Customs at the Canadian airport are the exceptions although your final destination within the US still holds true.

Thanks Pam, it makes sense with all the customs and immigration inspections one must go thru. Believe me, i don't mind them:p

Archived