Legend or Liberty??

Hi everyone :)

which ship do you think is better....

Legend or Liberty?

I have never been on a Carnival ship so I really don't know which one is good.

Both have the same itinieraries except one leaves from Tampa, the other Miami

Looking to go on the 30th of December.

We want to experiance what Carnival can offer best!

Thanks so much and there really isn't much to say about me and the people that travel with me because we are really laid back but I would like to hear what you guys think :)

Thanks so much

We have been on both and loved each of them. The Legend was our first cruise and the one that got us hooked so that one might be our favorite just for that fact. We never really felt like we were in large crowds or lines for things on that ship and we have on others. Not that we mind that terribly, I'm just saying.

The Liberty is our most recent cruise and I have to say after enjoying the upgrades that I would choose an upgraded ship over one that wasn't if the prices and itineraries were similar.

Whatever you decide, have a great time and get ready to be hooked like the rest of us :rolleyes:

We have been on Liberty and booked another in October ,its a great ship(and has all the new upgrades)

what are the itineraries and prices

The liberty is Dec 29 and is $897--Miami

The legend is Dec 30 and $699--Tampa

(These are balcony prices)

They both go to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Grand Cayman

We have been on both and loved each of them. The Legend was our first cruise and the one that got us hooked so that one might be our favorite just for that fact. We never really felt like we were in large crowds or lines for things on that ship and we have on others. Not that we mind that terribly, I'm just saying.

The Liberty is our most recent cruise and I have to say after enjoying the upgrades that I would choose an upgraded ship over one that wasn't if the prices and itineraries were similar.

Whatever you decide, have a great time and get ready to be hooked like the rest of us :rolleyes:

Could you explain what the upgrades are? :)

I have never been on the Liberty, but the Legend 3 times........... and our 4th time in November! :) GO LEGEND!!!!!

Can you tell me what you love about it?

Is it the food or something specific about this ship?

Ughh I HATE being a Carnival "virgin" LOL

Makes trip planning almost tedious lol

I just looked and I see 12/29/12 liberty balcony is $1299 and up and legend is 12/30/12 is $879 and up for balcony

One thing I would do is look up airfare before you choose.One is saturday to saturday and one is sunday returning sunday.being from up north airfare is crazy ,but a day makes a big difference for us

I would pick the Legend in a heartbeat if only for the ease of Tampa...:) + the Legend is cheaper..!!:D

Been on them both, and while food is good on both, the Legend sailing from Tampa is the 'kicker'..! Book it!:p

ps: Airfares into Tampa are normally cheaper than Miami, as well.. :cool:

Could you explain what the upgrades are? :)

Those would be the 2.0 upgrades to having Guy's burgers (yum), Alchemy lounge, George Lopez in charge of hiring comedians, DJ Irie in charge of music program, Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila bar as the ones that I remember the most. The Breeze will have these plus the Hasbro game show and the thrill ride theater too. There might be more that I've forgotten but there is a lot of information on these boards about Carnival 2.0

I just looked and I see 12/29/12 liberty balcony is $1299 and up and legend is 12/30/12 is $879 and up for balcony

One thing I would do is look up airfare before you choose.One is saturday to saturday and one is sunday returning sunday.being from up north airfare is crazy ,but a day makes a big difference for us

I know i had 4 people in one room and those were the prices that came up and then when i went back to 2 people i got your pricing LOL I wish the 4 of us could live in one room but we can't :eek:

Those would be the 2.0 upgrades to having Guy's burgers (yum), Alchemy lounge, George Lopez in charge of hiring comedians, DJ Irie in charge of music program, Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila bar as the ones that I remember the most. The Breeze will have these plus the Hasbro game show and the thrill ride theater too. There might be more that I've forgotten but there is a lot of information on these boards about Carnival 2.0

Ok great thanks for the information :)

I would pick the Legend in a heartbeat if only for the ease of Tampa...:) + the Legend is cheaper..!!:D

Been on them both, and while food is good on both, the Legend sailing from Tampa is the 'kicker'..! Book it!:p

ps: Airfares into Tampa are normally cheaper than Miami, as well.. :cool:

I was totally WRONG about the pricing LOL I had pricing for 4 people in one room lol but that definitly cannot happen hehe...I will research the airfares for both and see what comes up.

Hi everyone :)

which ship do you think is better....

Legend or Liberty?

I have never been on a Carnival ship so I really don't know which one is good.

Both have the same itinieraries except one leaves from Tampa, the other Miami

Looking to go on the 30th of December.

We want to experiance what Carnival can offer best!

Thanks so much and there really isn't much to say about me and the people that travel with me because we are really laid back but I would like to hear what you guys think :)

Thanks so much

I am probably going to get flamed, but I sailed on the Legend 5/27-6/3/12 and I did not enjoy it. I wrote a review for it, but in a nutshell it did not meet expectations. I am not a picky person, we pretty much roll with whatever, but there are things that are deal breakers for me. A) a staff member yelled at my daughter to the point she was in tears, because she checked the time on her phone and he thought she was taking pics of pics? We showed him her pics on the phone and he was still ranting to the point I went to his manager, ironically after that we had a photo shoot with the Dreams photographer and purchased a 1k photo package. B) The main dining room food was not good, even beyond that it was cold. I am a grown up and I am certainly not going to starve on a cruise ship full of food, but if I bother to get dressed for dinner I minimally expect my food to be warm (not even hot-just warm). C) the tendering in Belize was a hot mess, but I could have overlooked the disorganization if the staff had known the protocol, but we received conflicting info from EVERY person we spoke to including Guest Services. The ports were amazing and all of our direct contact staff did their job (waiters can't bring you food that hasn't come out) and our room steward was efficient. I had a wonderful time with my daughter and we had so much fun in the ports, our excursions were fantastic, but if I were going in it would be on another ship for sure.

these are our favorite ports

we have done these same ports 3 or 4 times

Cozumel -google Nachi Cocum and Mr sanchos( we may try the bar hop bus next cruise to see something different )

Roatan- google Victor bodden tours/west bay beach

belize -cavetubing.bz

Grand Cayman-moby dicks for stingray city (or Calico Jacks via taxi to the beach/Bar)

I am probably going to get flamed, but I sailed on the Legend 5/27-6/3/12 and I did not enjoy it. I wrote a review for it, but in a nutshell it did not meet expectations. I am not a picky person, we pretty much roll with whatever, but there are things that are deal breakers for me. A) a staff member yelled at my daughter to the point she was in tears, because she checked the time on her phone and he thought she was taking pics of pics? We showed him her pics on the phone and he was still ranting to the point I went to his manager, ironically after that we had a photo shoot with the Dreams photographer and purchased a 1k photo package. B) The main dining room food was not good, even beyond that it was cold. I am a grown up and I am certainly not going to starve on a cruise ship full of food, but if I bother to get dressed for dinner I minimally expect my food to be warm (not even hot-just warm). C) the tendering in Belize was a hot mess, but I could have overlooked the disorganization if the staff had known the protocol, but we received conflicting info from EVERY person we spoke to including Guest Services. The ports were amazing and all of our direct contact staff did their job (waiters can't bring you food that hasn't come out) and our room steward was efficient. I had a wonderful time with my daughter and we had so much fun in the ports, our excursions were fantastic, but if I were going in it would be on another ship for sure.

I like the idea that you gave me a negative side also. Not everything in this world is perfect and I will take it into consideration. Thanks for telling me your side of the coin

these are our favorite ports

we have done these same ports 3 or 4 times

Cozumel -google Nachi Cocum and Mr sanchos( we may try the bar hop bus next cruise to see something different )

Roatan- google Victor bodden tours/west bay beach

belize -cavetubing.bz

Grand Cayman-moby dicks for stingray city (or Calico Jacks via taxi to the beach/Bar)

I really want to go to these ports. We love to snorkel and from what I have been hearing these ports are great to snorkel at.

Personally, I would pick the Liberty......however, if the cost difference is very big I would do the Legend. As far as the price goes....on the Legend the lowest level balcony is a 7A - this is the price that shows up as the general balcony price before you start adjusting things. These are not quite apples to apples with the lowest price Liberty cabins. The 7A's on the Legend are obstructed view balconies (not a straight down view due to lifeboats below) So if you do not want an obstructed view balcony be sure to bump up to an 8A on the Legend and compare the prices from that point.

Now....the reason I would select the Liberty over the Legend....

1 - I prefer the Class of ship that the Liberty falls into. I like the layout of the buffet area much better as well as the layout of the Promenade Deck.

2 - I happen to think that the Liberty is a beautiful ship. Decor does not make, break, or influence my cruise in the long run BUT she really is a pretty - yet still quirky - ship

3 - the 2.0 upgrades seem to be well liked by many and offer some new and interesting food choices and Lido Deck environment.

Personally, I would pick the Liberty......however, if the cost difference is very big I would do the Legend. As far as the price goes....

Here's another vote for the Liberty. (We sailed Legend in Oct 2005, and Liberty in May, 2012)

Now....the reason I would select the Liberty over the Legend....

1 - I prefer the Class of ship that the Liberty falls into. I like the layout of the buffet area much better as well as the layout of the Promenade Deck.

2 - I happen to think that the Liberty is a beautiful ship. Decor does not make, break, or influence my cruise in the long run BUT she really is a pretty - yet still quirky - ship

3 - the 2.0 upgrades seem to be well liked by many and offer some new and interesting food choices and Lido Deck environment.

Agree with all three points, but especially number 1. The layout of Legend just didn't seem very well though out (but it is in the class that can go through the Panama Canal, so that my have something to do with the layout).

The Legend is a smaller ship, and we were on it sailing about 1/2 full, due to Hurricane Wilma (first two days were cancelled, and a lot of folks chose to cancel their entire cruise). Even with it only 1/2 full, it just didn't seem like things were laid out very well.

Although the Liberty being much larger, it didn't really seem like there were too many lines (but of course, we didn't go to the buffet *right* at 12 noon, either!)

One more thought...Guys burgers (Liberty)...OMG...It became the midday place to go for lunch for more than one of us in my party of 18.

Final thought: Liberty over Legend, but I agree, if the price is *considerable,* then the Legend is not a horrible choice by any stretch.

GP

Archived