This is a serious question !

cruiserguy11

Light beer is refreshing on a hot day. Other than that there is no reason to drink it. But if you want a beer with a high alcohol content, do a google search for Thermonuclear Penguin. You're welcome. :D

I think most people do it for the calories.Alcohol is empty calories for those of us who calorie count

1) I don't drink to get drunk, and

2) I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them.

Corona Light and Bud Light Lime are my summer favorites.

Well said.

I usually drink light beer only if Im counting calories, but I am a "lightweight" anyway, so it doesnt take me much. For me, light beer is refreshing without the "heavy" feeling. Id rather enjoy my food and beverages instead of being slave to them (think eating/drinking too much and being bloated and overfull).

For me it's cheaper than liquor and has less Weight Watchers points than regular beer.

Like:D

And I truly like the taste of it . Why do I want 150 calories when I can get 90 or I even drink Bud 55 . I dont slam 24 of them . I like the taste of beer around the pool if I want 4 or 5 . Now If want something with a meal I like a darker beer with some body.

Why do people eat 35 calorie Bread , why do people eat fat free Ice cream and Diet coke . Not everyones metabolism allows them to eat Big macs and Double whoppers and Mt. Dew. :);)

Why does Radio Shack ask for your Phone number when you buy Batteries ....IDK ............:D:D

• 1 month later...

I'm NOT a fan of the taste of most beer, but I can manage the "lite" stuff....not as strong tasting and bitter. Those thick, dark beers....icky, icky, icky, to me!

And, I'm a lightweight....If I drink regular beer, I do get drunk way too fast....that's not good...so with the "lite" beer, I can drink for longer without becoming sloppy drunk!

They're great for when you know you will be drinking for quite a while or drinking it simply to keep cool (a summer BBQ is a good example of both). At some point you're just going to want more liquid than a heavier beer will be able to provide without making you feel pretty gross/bloated. So, at least in my case, I can have a darker/heavier brew and then need to switch to something other than beer, or just have light beer the whole time and not worry about it.

Archived