Any one use Celebrity's transfer service from Newark to Bayonne?

gdnr68

Thank you for your reply.

Our TA convinced us that it was a good idea. I know I researched this issue 3 years ago and I have no idea why I did not remember how easy it was to get a car to take us to the port. We are a party of 3 travelling with a disabled relative. Hopefully it will be ok.

I'll report back, good or bad on this board and the East Coast Departure board.

Thanks.

I just recently used the transfer service from EWR to Bayonne and thought it was fabulous: less expensive than a metered taxi for a couple; did NOT have to wait for the van to fill up, at all... in fact, there were only 2 couples on board and it took off immediately.

The procedure was even more amazing when you consider that we didn't have a transfer registration; we simply showed up at baggage claim on the day of embarkation. Because we had come into EWR for a pre-cruise stay in NYC, Celebrity wouldn't sell us a transfer. We were told to just "present" ourselves to the agent at the airport. When we left our hotel on the morning of embarkation, we just took a hotel shuttle to the departures area of EWR and went to baggage claim. There we found a gentleman with a Celebrity sign and a clipboard. He had a list of flights and travels and was expecting a couple to arrive from FLL. He told us that he could get us on the next shuttle to the pier, but we would need to wait for about 15 minutes because the FLL flight was a delayed arrival. We headed for the pier at 10:30am.

As I remember, the shuttle to the pier was handicapped accessible. Truly, to get TO the pier from EWR, I would definitely use Celebrity's transfer service due to ease of transport as well as cost. To get FROM the pier to EWR, I would simply use a shared ride on the day of disembarkation. Very easy. I don't know why there isn't a shared ride service from the airport to the pier, but the only transport we could find that we could reserve were limos... very pricey.

Just a vote for the Celebrity transfer as a very great way to start the cruise part of your vacation.

We have used Black Car Transportation: 866-374-8530 on several occasions for about $50 per couple. (could be a town car or a van)

We have also used the shuttle right at the airport, about $15-20 pp.

and also Independent driver 888-816-0973 which charges per van from hotels in the area.

You can also check with the roll call for your sailing and the ports threads which are VERY helpful for anyone cruising from Bayonne.

Great advice. Will definitely look for the van service to take us to EWR upon our return.

What is the best option for getting from Westin in Jersey City to Cape Liberty on cruise day? I would assume that taxis would be readily available. We plan on leaving around 10 am.

Great advice. Will definitely look for the van service to take us to EWR upon our return.

What is the best option for getting from Westin in Jersey City to Cape Liberty on cruise day? I would assume that taxis would be readily available. We plan on leaving around 10 am.

It's about 10 miles, plus tolls. I'm guessing a taxi would cost you around $25-30.

• 4 weeks later...

Frankly, I can see it working well or it being a real hassle.

Luckily our air and cruise package deal sold many seats so we didn't have to wait long at all. However, if you booked the transfer and had booked your own flight and cruise you could possibly be waiting around. Hit or miss but for us it was nice to be coming down the escalator and see the big blue X and 2 people greeting us.

Archived