Why do show times vary on Allure/Oasis?

I believe they are consistent with the itineraries, and therefore, port times. They will vary "week-to-week" between eastern and western itineraries. But I imagine if you compare two of the same itineraries, the show times will match up.

Does anyone know why show times on Allure and Oasis vary from cruise to cruise rather than being the same time no matter the week?

as far as I know they are not different for each specific itinerary

Same for western itinerary and same for eastern

Perhaps if you could offer some examples of the "differences" it might help answer the question. This is the first time I have seen this question raised and was unaware that the times for shows differed either by ship or itinerary. Then again consistency is not a hallmark of RCI so why should consistency in show schedules be any different?;)

Perhaps if you could offer some examples of the "differences" it might help answer the question. This is the first time I have seen this question raised and was unaware that the times for shows differed either by ship or itinerary. Then again consistency is not a hallmark of RCI so why should consistency in show schedules be any different?;)

I called customer service to find out when the entertainment schedule was going to be available for our Allure cruise later this year. The rep told me the entertainment schedules on Allure and Oasis vary cruise to cruise, thus pax can't make entertainment reservations until the schedule becomes available for any given cruise until +/-90 days prior to sailing. Now I'm wondering if his answer falls into the frequently relied upon category of "I don't know the answer to your question, so I'll just make one up."

Now I'm wondering if his answer falls into the frequently relied upon category of "I don't know the answer to your question, so I'll just make one up."

Yes. The changes I noticed were minor, like an extra comedy show or a comedy show at 10:30pm instead of 11:30pm. Maybe a moved ice show. Nothing major.

The two times we were on Oasis the show times were the same. Not having sailed on Allure, I have no comparison about similar or dissimilar times. But as a previous post indicates, I would think each ship's times are possibly itinerary driven, but would remain the same to each ship. They certainly could vary, however, between each ship in comparison.

If you are referring to prebooking, this is highly recommended and is done on line though your reservation number. All current and available show times and dates will be listed for you to book in advance. Typically this can be done a couple of months in advance. With the many venues and passengers it is a good way to balance things out and your reservations are then keyed into your stateroom card. But don't delay on this as they book up quickly and your desired times may not be available late in the game.

We are sailing on the 21 October 2012 Allure Western Caribbean. Just got off the RCCL site and making entertainment reservations is still not active. Is this unusual?

Unfortunately this has been the case as of late. Entertainment reservations are suppose to open anytime after 90 days until sailing. You'll have to keep checking back to see if it is open for you to book shows. Some folks have had help calling Royal Caribbean directly to inquire about booking reservations.

Archived