Two entertainment questions - Allure

I don't believe they have any kid appropriate comedy shows on board the allure. Also the days and times of the parades would be listed on the compasses on the ship, but i think the parades are only done on sea days.

I believe the comedy show is 18+ also Chicago is not recommended for kids...

Are you doing western or eastern?? I have all the western printed out in prep for leaving this sunday so I can look at them.. Also listed are the special times the characters are avail for pictures..

Trying to line up our entertainment choices and have a couple of questions...

1 - Is the comedy show appropriate for children?

2 - What days/times are the parades?

Thanks.

Are you doing western or eastern?? I have all the western printed out in prep for leaving this sunday so I can look at them.. Also listed are the special times the characters are avail for pictures..

All western info about entertainment will be greatly appreciated please post when you return. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks.

1. No, there are venues that are not appropriate for small children and the comedy clubs are one of them. The compass states the comedy clubs have adult content so you won't find Bob Saget telling jokes in them.

2. Dreamworks Move It Move It parade - 11:15am, day 2, Western route.

We're doing Western. Would greatly appreciate info. Thank you!

1. No, there are venues that are not appropriate for small children and the comedy clubs are one of them. The compass states the comedy clubs have adult content so you won't find Bob Saget telling jokes in them.

I assumed the same but just wanted to double check. Having seen Chicago, I know it's not appropriate for young children and assume the headliner show, depending on who is featured, is somewhat family-friendly. Thanks for the info re the Dreamworks parade.

Just an FYI, Bob Sagat is one of the most blue comedians out there. You would never want to take a child to his stand up

I'm doing a Western and would love to see the Compasses. Thanks for mentioning about Chicago. I've never seen it and was planning on taking my 11 yr old DS to see it. How bad is it?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm doing a Western and would love to see the Compasses. Thanks for mentioning about Chicago. I've never seen it and was planning on taking my 11 yr old DS to see it. How bad is it?

Racing Fan here. We are on the same cruise. I have seen Chicago on Broadway and the movies. An eleven year old that can handle a funny murder mystery and also has great dancing will enjoy it. Some of the language may go over there head but it still a great show. Richard Geer was the lead in the movie. Skimp outfits on the dancers but mostly GP versions.

Thanks.

1. No - Your mileage may vary, but I think they require either 18+ or 21+ to the show. Which ever it is, please respect it.

Have you seen Saget's act? Its not America's funniest Videos Bob Saget. He is a bit raunchy.

On our recent Allure cruise they had a family friendly version of the comedy show on the last night at 10:30pm. It was first come first served and in Studio B.

That's new since I was on, but sounds like a good idea.

On our recent Allure cruise they had a family friendly version of the comedy show on the last night at 10:30pm. It was first come first served and in Studio B.

Maybe something they do on big " kids " weeks? Hope they do it during our April Break Cruise...my 16 yo is already bummed she's missing comedy!:rolleyes:

Racing Fan here. We are on the same cruise. I have seen Chicago on Broadway and the movies. An eleven year old that can handle a funny murder mystery and also has great dancing will enjoy it. Some of the language may go over there head but it still a great show. Richard Geer was the lead in the movie. Skimp outfits on the dancers but mostly GP versions.

Thanks Racing Fan!!! I think he can probably handle it. Did you book it?

Archived