Does Celebrity actually give discounts for seniors?

jerrysnj

When booking my cruise there was a box to check if you were over 55 as well as other boxes for active or retired military or police/fire. When checking these boxes there was no difference in price listed. Does Celebrity actual discount their prices based on these checked boxes or is it only for certain cruises?

Yes they do give discounts for senior citizens. Our cruise last November I was checking one day and found a $400 discount per person for seniors.

I called them and they gave us a slightly different cabin which I thought was better and we save $800 with one phone call. Sometimes they also give you discounts for the different states you live in but I do not know how that works exactly.

I check everyday if I can because it was just by luck that I found the discount that day.

Sometimes they will give a 55+ discount, if you are paying full fare. They also offer discounts to residents of various states. They don't offer discounts on fares that they've already reduced. Confusing? Just call the customer service reps, they'll confuse you more, because they are confused.

At least if you don't like the answer, you can hang up and call back. You are guaranteed to get a different answer.

We always book while on a December cruise for the same time the next year. We get the Celebrity OBC and the 2 catagory upgrade. Then we transfer to a TA and get their OBC. I always keep watch on the pricing and several months ago saw the senior discount. We got that discount and it has been shown every since then. I do have to say that a police discount was also shown at that time but from the time my DH called until he got a agent, it was gone. They sometimes do come and go that fast. We keep watch until final payment is due and then I've learned to let it go. I just don't want to see any lower price after we paid in full.

I think I've gotten a senior discount on all my cruises. Trick is to check daily, go thru the on line booking and check the senior and state block as if it was anew booking. I've gotten both on some cruises. They come at different times, my current Panama cruise in December started the senior discount a couple of months ago and it is still on. They do not do it for all cabins so some may have the discount and others not. I got 2 senior discounts on a Barcelona cruise as well as a state and the current Panama is $400 for 2. It takes less than a minute to check daily, I bookmark Celebrities starting page and go from there. If it shows up call Celebrity or your travel agent. Agents sometimes want to upgrade so their commission doesn't change and thats ok too. I don't understand why more people don't do this but most don't know about Cruise Critic I suppose. Happy Cruising

Checked on our 2013 cruise and the Military Discount price was much higher for the same Cat than the price we presently have with our TA. So you must be very careful. All specials/discounts are not always specials/discounts.

Can someone please explain how you book through Celebrity and get the obc they offer, and then swich to a Travel Agent and get additional credit? Does the TA cancel the first reservation?

Can someone please explain how you book through Celebrity and get the obc they offer, and then swich to a Travel Agent and get additional credit? Does the TA cancel the first reservation?

It's easy. If you book on board and get the OBC, just tell the agent you want to transfer the booking to your TA and its done. Otherwise, your TA can fill out a transfer form and request it for you.

Another thing to keep in mind when you use a TA - depending on the TA's offer, you may or may not be able to keep any OBC or other perks if you switch cabins. Usually you can keep them for price drops in the same cabin, but may or may not be able to if you are upgrading cabins due to that price drop. It may be worth changing anyway, but be sure to ask.

Celebrity just came out with a senior discount for the 26 Nov 2012 Equinox Transatlantic. Not all categories discounted, but more than not.

I tried to plug in just the military box, but none offered. Maybe some selected states (residents), but not for NJ.

Does the discount option show up under specials? Or where specifically can you find this. I haven't noticed any pricing difference when selecting the senior offers on the booking page. I've been looking for a senior offer for my parents to Bermuda next year.

Thanks!

We are new to Celebrity and have a cruise booked for March. We are over 55, hubby is retired military so when checking prices both are checked plus our state. If rate changes, how can you tell which discount (senior, military and/or state) it is?

Thanks!!

We are new to Celebrity and have a cruise booked for March. We are over 55, hubby is retired military so when checking prices both are checked plus our state. If rate changes, how can you tell which discount (senior, military and/or state) it is?

Thanks!!

If there's a special rate it will be show under the price, Best Rate Applied and when you move your cursor over the price it will show what special rate was applied.

Does the discount option show up under specials? Or where specifically can you find this. I haven't noticed any pricing difference when selecting the senior offers on the booking page. I've been looking for a senior offer for my parents to Bermuda next year.

Thanks!

You have to go in and do a new booking and select all the options, 55+, Military, Resident, and see what pops up. It will display the best rate.

Yes they do. I saw one for one of the Veranda categories about 4-6 weeks ago for our upcoming Med cruise. If I recall, it was a very good discount but was only there for a couple of days. Check often as there are deals out there.

Case in point, we got our CC stateroom for 47% of the current price but the deal only ran for a day or two. What a steal!

Archived