Are you a member if the brainwashed Thomson cruising club

I must be a numpty too. About to embark on Thomson cruise number 10 and number 11 already booked for April next year.

Thinking about it I must be one almighty numpty having done that many Thomson cruises:D:D:D:D:D

Janet

You said it pal :cool:

I've been on, and I'm also going on a cruise on the Thomson ships. Does this make me a numpty? Were you brave enough to tell the guests on the cruise that you thought they were numpties, or was it more convenient to wait until you got home and put your keyboard warrior hat on?

:rolleyes:

I told many people on board what I thought including some staff I don't need a keyboard to hide behind :D

Well, I have been on other cruiselines and they all have their good (and bad) points. As has been said many times before, Thomson may not have the most glitzy ships, but they sure have the best entertainment and probably the most friendly staff. Not to mention included tips and no 15% on drinks!

This board is usually so friendly and we do not need people coming on here being so rude and negative. Constructive criticism is fine, but just downright moaning about everything Thomson, helps no-one! I was on the second Dream cruise and as many of you know I put in a complaint and got some compensation. We went on her again this year and she is much improved and will be even better when she is refurbished later this year. We went on the Spirit last year and didn't expect a lot, but it was wonderful.

Quite honestly when you are on a ship, you wouldn't know when the ship was built or how big it is. We have been on Fred Olsen's Braemar, which is smaller than Thomson ships and not much newer, but you don't get the impression of being on a small ship. Small ships can get into lots of places that bigger ships can't, but when we were in a force 9 gale on the Bay of Biscay, I was quite glad I was on the Independence of the Seas and not the Braemar!

As for rust - well all ships have rust - they are sailing on salty water after all :rolleyes: When you are in port , just walk along the docks and you will see all the ships have rusty bits , especially under the anchor.

So please, can we stop all this bickering. The Olympics are just starting, so can we embrace the Olympic Spirit and be a bit more considerate of others.

Well, I have been on other cruiselines and they all have their good (and bad) points. As has been said many times before, Thomson may not have the most glitzy ships, but they sure have the best entertainment and probably the most friendly staff. Not to mention included tips and no 15% on drinks!

This board is usually so friendly and we do not need people coming on here being so rude and negative. Constructive criticism is fine, but just downright moaning about everything Thomson, helps no-one! I was on the second Dream cruise and as many of you know I put in a complaint and got some compensation. We went on her again this year and she is much improved and will be even better when she is refurbished later this year. We went on the Spirit last year and didn't expect a lot, but it was wonderful.

Quite honestly when you are on a ship, you wouldn't know when the ship was built or how big it is. We have been on Fred Olsen's Braemar, which is smaller than Thomson ships and not much newer, but you don't get the impression of being on a small ship. Small ships can get into lots of places that bigger ships can't, but when we were in a force 9 gale on the Bay of Biscay, I was quite glad I was on the Independence of the Seas and not the Braemar!

As for rust - well all ships have rust - they are sailing on salty water after all :rolleyes: When you are in port , just walk along the docks and you will see all the ships have rusty bits , especially under the anchor.

So please, can we stop all this bickering. The Olympics are just starting, so can we embrace the Olympic Spirit and be a bit more considerate of others.

Well said, Linda :):)

I told many people on board what I thought including some staff I don't need a keyboard to hide behind :D

You told them what you thought of the cruise/ship, or you told them they were numpties?

There is a difference.

Firstly, why don't you check your spellings before you hit the button? Next, I don't appreciate being called a numpty because I choose to sail with Thomson because they visit the places I want to see. Me and my family would have chosen to stay with Ocean Village but it was not to be, so it seemed the alternative was to go with Thomson's, especially as the first cruise we had with them visited Cuba which we could not have done with any of your American ships that charge you a service charge on every drink and a daily service charge!! I know Thomson cruises are not particularly cheap and the ships don't have all the amenities that other cruise line have, but we don't want to spend our time walking down shopping malls and ice skating on-board, we want to see the world and we like the ports Thomson's call at and that is what we cruise for. So I'm sure most Thomson cruisers would agree we don't want moaners like you spoiling our cruise anyway. I'm looking forward to the Adriatic Explorer in September without meeting ignorant people like you on board.

just returned of the celebration 81% of travellers on ship been on before must be suckers for punishment had 3 different rooms last one was ok if this is the standard all you numptys are used too carry on sailing on the old rust bucket have fun as it seems to e your expectations are very low:mad:

Firstly, why don't you check your spellings before you hit the button? Next, I don't appreciate being called a numpty because I choose to sail with Thomson because they visit the places I want to see. Me and my family would have chosen to stay with Ocean Village but it was not to be, so it seemed the alternative was to go with Thomson's, especially as the first cruise we had with them visited Cuba which we could not have done with any of your American ships that charge you a service charge on every drink and a daily service charge!! I know Thomson cruises are not particularly cheap and the ships don't have all the amenities that other cruise line have, but we don't want to spend our time walking down shopping malls and ice skating on-board, we want to see the world and we like the ports Thomson's call at and that is what we cruise for. So I'm sure most Thomson cruisers would agree we don't want moaners like you spoiling our cruise anyway. I'm looking forward to the Adriatic Explorer in September without meeting ignorant people like you on board.

WELL SAID. I agree with every word.

Anyway folks last night, the opening celebration (no not the ship :rolleyes:)

was brill, need to watch it again to take it all in :eek:

Rowan Atkinson made me laugh so much :)

Danny Boyle should be proud as should all the volunteers etc

the vast production and organisation was second to none

made me proud to be British

that is my view (no Troll replies please )

Stevie

ps Beckham was not driving the speedboat :cool:

I agree. Did us all proud. Well done Danny Boyle and a big thanks to all of the volunteers and professional musicians etc. Bits of it were spectacular and ingenious and we will remember it for the rest of our lives and that is saying something. Well done to the Queen too for joining in.

One hundred % agree with you :)

Stevie

We thought from the description beforehand it might be a bit "naff" but it was brilliant, especially the flame at the end :)

Funny, I was just thinking that it would be good to see it again, so much to see. Apparently Wham were on, but didn't see them :eek:

Does anyone else think Sir Paul McCartney should retire though?

We thought from the description beforehand it might be a bit "naff" but it was brilliant, especially the flame at the end :)

Funny, I was just thinking that it would be good to see it again, so much to see. Apparently Wham were on, but didn't see them :eek:

To be fair to him, I think there was something wrong with the sound at the start. Thought he finished quite well. Was never a huge PMc fan but I think he is much better than that performance looked.

HI

Jim why no caber tossing competition for 2012 :confused:??

women's volley ball ,and no tossing of cabers :rolleyes:

ah yes got it now .........something to do with cannot see the woods for trees?:D

too late night last night......... just coming to or 2 or two :rolleyes:

Stevie

Yeah pm should retire, he wasn't that good

Yes I do - I agree with Little Nell there seem to have been some technical issues but that to one side, his voice has gone and I thought his contribution rather embarrassing - as indeed it was at the Jubilee Concert. I'm not a huge fan of Tom Jones but he was great that night and would have done a much better job imo. I saw a suggestion that Queen (at least Brian May and Roger Taylor) could have done 'We are The Champions' which would have been very appropriate I think (although I'm very upset at the mo about Cav's failure to medal! But what a humble and moving interview from him afterwards emanating real pride in his team despite their disappointment. True Olympic spirit! Let's hope for more success to come.)

But I must say like Linda, I thought today it would be good to see it again because of all the detail I'm sure I missed a lot - also with an over-view of the whole I think perhaps it would all mean more to me second time around. But what a spectacle! So innovative, clever and quite quirky.

There was never any future in trying to out-do the robotic ceremony in Beiijing and in any event wouldn't be at all representative of Britain so to concentrate on our rich history, how it's influenced the present, the culture, diversity and sense of humour I think, managed to capture so much of which we should be proud. There were some very amusing scenes, some very moving and the amazing effects were breath-taking! and the petals combining to create the 'Flame' was nothing short of inspired!

I had fears that it may be a little embarrassing but in fact it showed our country at it's best - a celebration of a rich mix of people and their talents. And they certainly achieved what they set out to do imo - it was about people from the competitors, construction workers, volunteers, performers and the public - all coming together with a common goal and in such a joyful and exuberant atmosphere. It was such a pleasure to witness so many happy people. Just what we need! (Along with a few medals, please! ;) )

I couldn't have put it better myself, kruzseeka :) I had just said to my OH why didn't they have Tom Jones :confused: My neighbour thinks it was boring and couldn't understand the first bit at all :rolleyes::rolleyes: But everyone else thinks it was fantastic :)

Stevie

Rowan Atkinson was brilliant. need to find that on a clip somewhere and watch it everytime I need a laugh.:)

Archived