Voyage of the Vikings

Divi

What a nice blog!!!!

Disappointing that the weather has hampered many of your stops...but at least you are making lemonade out of those lemons.

I was following another Viking blog..but that one is too depressing...nothing seems to be pleasing the blogger...so I think I'll switch and follow yours.:)

Thanks for blogging. We didn't take this cruise as planned since we opted to take the Antarctica trip in Jan. thinking it might be the last one that "did" Antarctica.

We did do a similar passage to yours on the Eurodam and had to cut out a few ports due to hurricanes…so I think that the iffy weather in the area you are cruising is always going to cause problems…but making lemonade isn't bad at all. Having to spend more time in Molde is great! Enjoy the trip! We've been in many of "your ports" and enjoyed all of them! Hi to Nancy and Bill from CCs who are friends from a Prinsendam cruise we were hoping to cruise with again.

Jeff Farschman is also on the VOV cruise so he does do other cruises than the World Cruise. He is blogging as well on his usual site.

Do you have a link so that i can read that one as well? I googled his name but coulnt find his current blog. TIA

I'd had an e-mail from some folks we know who are on board and knew about the weather issues and missed ports up til Reyjkavik. Sorry to hear you've missed yet another one!! Hope it's the last and that Norway is kinder to you. :)

Jeff Farschman is also on the VOV cruise so he does do other cruises than the World Cruise. He is blogging as well on his usual site.

Do you have a link so that i can read that one as well? I googled his name but coulnt find his current blog. TIA

This is for Jeff's blog. He takes amazing pictures - just writes short paragraphs to accompany them.

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/

Divi: Thanks for the link to your husband's blog.

Sitting at a cafe in Geirager. Spectacular spot, perfect weather.

My husband did a sea kayaking excursion today and thought it was fantastic.

It's fun walking around seeing so many of the crew enjoying some free time. I know all HAL ships have great crews but Maasdam truly is outstanding.

We are hoping, of course, that the nice weather follows us.:)

Deen

Sitting at a cafe in Geirager. Spectacular spot, perfect weather.

We are hoping, of course, that the nice weather follows us.:)

Deen

I hope so, too.

Isn't that sail up/down the fjord just spectacular! Were the Seven Sisters flowing heavily? They were just trickles when I sailed by in May. Very disappointing. I have seen them in their glory, and know the difference.

Deen and luvcruisin' - Wonderful blogs and photos by Randy and Jeff. Besides giving me something to look forward to for next year, it also lets me know what kind of clothing to plan on packing.

Deen - I don't blame you for trying to bring everything but the kitchen sink.:D It seems you have to plan for every possible type of weather.

Archived