3 Cruise passengers missing in Ocho Rios?

kcparrothead

Both of these sites reported that the three got off the ship Thursday. Evidently something is wrong.

Yes - we're on the same itinerary in January and it arrives there on Thursday @ 7:30 am.

I did an excursion with Peat Taylor there 9 years ago and felt safe (well except for the uncomfortably agressive vendors at Dunns River Falls!) Wondering if times have changed?

I only went their once on a cruise. My husband and I had a bad feeling about the place. We went on a ship excursion close by and walk around the area near the ship. But went right back on after about 30 minutes. One of our family members had someone try get them to come down a dark back road for weed.. :eek: Needless to say they didn't.

After that trip, I decided to never go to or step on that island through a cruise if it happens to stop there.

Jamica is one of those places where it is best to book through the ship or with a well-known tour operator.

Whatever .... NOW, the big concern is finding them and hoping they haven't been harmed.

LOL! It wouldn't matter. Does anyone recall the Carnival banana plantation tour where they held guns to passengers heads during a robbery? Jamaica has always been dangerous.

Trying to read the small unprinted stuff here, American Nationalists, meaning not natural born American, one site said that it didn't know their relationship, seems like mom dad and daughter? Any chance they just got off the ship and decided that's as far as they wanted to go? I hope nothing bad has happened to them...another reason to take cruise excursions rather than just walk off on your own, when everyone is told the country is not that safe.

Very concerning! Have been to Ocho Rios twice via Carnival - although we enjoyed our excursions and lunch at Margaritaville, I did not feel comfortable walking to/from shopping area by ourselves. Not someplace I care to go again.

Hopefully this is a big mix- up and they will turn up soon.

Trying to read the small unprinted stuff here, American Nationalists, meaning not natural born American, one site said that it didn't know their relationship, seems like mom dad and daughter? Any chance they just got off the ship and decided that's as far as they wanted to go? I hope nothing bad has happened to them...another reason to take cruise excursions rather than just walk off on your own, when everyone is told the country is not that safe.

Some sites refer them to husband and wife (Donald and Maria) and daughter (Aja)

LOL! It wouldn't matter. Does anyone recall the Carnival banana plantation tour where they held guns to passengers heads during a robbery? Jamaica has always been dangerous.

I believe it was in Mexico.

Hence the reason I will never ever step foot in that country.

Watch border wars on history channel.

Also read about the US ICE special agent that was ambushed outside of Mexico City.

Sorry to go off topic.

This is 1 thought I had also. Not knowing just adds to the mystery. I also hope they are OK, and haven't been subject to foul play.

Ochos Rios is one port at which I always take a cruise-sponsored excursion. I do hope the family found cruise fares a cheaper way to get to Jamaica than flying, and just walked off the ship hoping to disappear on the island - rather than the more gruesome alternative we are all speculating on.

I believe it was in Mexico.

Hence the reason I will never ever step foot in that country.

Watch border wars on history channel.

Also read about the US ICE special agent that was ambushed outside of Mexico City.

Sorry to go off topic.

No it was Jamaica. I know all about the lone gunman that robbed a Carnival sponsored tour in Puerto Villarta. Which if you look on a map is nowhere near the drug cartel war border towns. And neither are any other cruise ports in Mexico. No need for history channel for me as I spend a week in Cabo every year.

Archived