3 Cruise passengers missing in Ocho Rios?

kcparrothead

I sure hope no harm has come of these folks. And based on the comments on this thread, I don't understand why Carnival continues to go to Jamaica.

I hope they are ok also. And I agree!

Very scary considering I just got off the Ecstacy yesterday - we did Carnival excursions in Freeport and Nassau (Atlantis-which is very safe), but we got back and walked down to Senor Frogs and I have to admit we didnt feel the safest walking to and from (though the ship was very close) several guys tried to stop us and talk to us and ask innappropriate things- one guy asked my friend if she wanted to give him a blow job... We were 6 - 20 something pretty girls so I know thats expected, but we walked fast through there....

Praying they are safe, how horrible. :(

This was posted online 37minutes ago

OCHO RIOS, St Ann — The three American nationals who the St Ann police reported missing since yesterday were this afternoon found unharmed at Discovery Bay in the parish.

They are 45-year-old Donald Henderson, 43-year-old Maria Henderson and 21-year-old Aja Henderson.

Commanding officer for the parish, Senior Superintendent Carlton Wilson, told the Jamaica Observer that the three were found at a villa in Discovery Bay.

The three, who were passengers on the Carnival Freedom Cruise, which docked at the Ocho Rios cruise pier yesterday morning, were reportedly last seen disembarking the vessel.

When they did not return by boarding time, Carnival Freedom officials alerted the police.

SSP Wilson said that the three visitors will be interviewed by the police to ascertain the circumstances under which they left the vessel, without informing the authorities.

He did not say if charges would be laid against them.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Missing-US-tourists-found-unharmed#ixzz21rzrepz4

This was posted online 37minutes ago

OCHO RIOS, St Ann — The three American nationals who the St Ann police reported missing since yesterday were this afternoon found unharmed at Discovery Bay in the parish.

They are 45-year-old Donald Henderson, 43-year-old Maria Henderson and 21-year-old Aja Henderson.

Commanding officer for the parish, Senior Superintendent Carlton Wilson, told the Jamaica Observer that the three were found at a villa in Discovery Bay.

The three, who were passengers on the Carnival Freedom Cruise, which docked at the Ocho Rios cruise pier yesterday morning, were reportedly last seen disembarking the vessel.

When they did not return by boarding time, Carnival Freedom officials alerted the police.

SSP Wilson said that the three visitors will be interviewed by the police to ascertain the circumstances under which they left the vessel, without informing the authorities.

He did not say if charges would be laid against them.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Missing-US-tourists-found-unharmed#ixzz21rzrepz4

Thank you for the update!!! I feel so much better now!

I believe it was in Mexico.

Hence the reason I will never ever step foot in that country.

Watch border wars on history channel.

Also read about the US ICE special agent that was ambushed outside of Mexico City.

Sorry to go off topic.

Or watch COPS in some parts of New Jersey, not much difference

Thank you for the update!!! I feel so much better now!

I also thank you. Sounds like they just felt like staying in Jamaica. As I said earlier - maybe the cruise fare was less than airfare to Jamaica!!:p:D

Yeah that was Jamaica.

There was a lot of discussion on this board.

A man who was on that excursion posted on here and they had held a gun to his young daughter's head, if I remember right.

That's what I remembered. And he was a retired NY policeman or detective. I remember he said he never felt so helpless as when they held the gun to his daughters head. If I remember correctly, I think he has a web site about safety and what happened to him and his family. They were robbed of everything...and this was on the bus!

Glad to know they were found safe and sound. Once again a story that does nothing for Carnivals reputation-:( I know that Carnival had nothing to do with this, but they were CC cruisers. And you know how the news is....

But what were they doing?? Just sitting on the beach? Did they seek out the port agent? The police, embassy, or consulate? No, they were on a beach. How incredibly irresponsible. They had to know people would be looking for them.

Wow - feed the "sky is falling" theory.

I would sleep in the middle of the road in Ocho before going near mexico any time soon-- the worst thing would happen is somebody would try to force me to buy a bracelet or some pot muffins. These people left with ALL their luggage getting off the ship?

We've had 5 land-based vacations - once accidentally been to the "back alley" of jewelry and drugs in MoBay and lived to tell about it - a very firm "No Thanks, I'm Good", and keep walking

We've been to the remote areas and vendors are only a one time NO instead of 2-3.

It's sad

but it's like going to the pound to get a buried treasure.

I got my puppy, he's created a lot of great memories for me --

but in my journey I had to bypass many sad other puppies to get mine. Does that mean I should never go to the pound again? Because it's a little sad and somewhat scary? I might get bit, might get a tick, probably not going to get rabies and DIE.

Thou shall not base an entire country on the 1 mile radius of a cruiseport in one of the poorest yet beautiful islands.

Anyone else on my side here? :confused::confused::confused:

So glad they're safe! I did wonder if maybe they chose not to re-board the ship. DH and I often joke about how cruise fare would be cheaper than airfare, lol. Looking forward to our visit to MoBay in December!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - feed the "sky is falling" theory.

I would sleep in the middle of the road in Ocho before going near mexico any time soon-- the worst thing would happen is somebody would try to force me to buy a bracelet or some pot muffins. These people left with ALL their luggage getting off the ship?

We've had 5 land-based vacations - once accidentally been to the "back alley" of jewelry and drugs in MoBay and lived to tell about it - a very firm "No Thanks, I'm Good", and keep walking

We've been to the remote areas and vendors are only a one time NO instead of 2-3.

It's sad

but it's like going to the pound to get a buried treasure.

I got my puppy, he's created a lot of great memories for me --

but in my journey I had to bypass many sad other puppies to get mine. Does that mean I should never go to the pound again? Because it's a little sad and somewhat scary? I might get bit, might get a tick, probably not going to get rabies and DIE.

Thou shall not base an entire country on the 1 mile radius of a cruiseport in one of the poorest yet beautiful islands.

Anyone else on my side here? :confused::confused::confused:

I am. It bothered me to hear all of the negative stuff being said about Jamaica. What is bad to you (generally speaking) may not be bad to me. To each his own.

I laughed a little on the inside after reading they took all their belongings OFF the ship and reading practically 3 pgs of "stay on the ship" comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definately do not think they just walked off and decided not to come back.

I bet all their luggage is till on the ship. Sounds scary! :eek:

We went to Dunns River Falls there several yrs. ago. Maybe l0? I don't remember it being scary then. We just took a taxi (van) with other people to the falls and back.

Archived