The new childrens club

We are just back from the Allure of the seas . the Concierge club in the morning has become a little windjamer, children everywhere fondling breakfast items, spilling juice on the carpeting . and the staff just overwhelmed! well lets try lunch More familys with munchkins running around playing video games with the sound on . oh well Maybe the cocktail hours will be different / no such luck, try having an adult conversation with infants crying . If you say I could always go elsewhere with my 88 royal carribean cruises please, my wife and I have paid our dues . Please restore what once was an Oasis for qualifying guests to enjoy themselves in a quality atmosphere. I know We are not alone on this issue, this is all so the softly spoken words of the excellent staff who can at least go back for some sophistacated moments at central Park 150. respectfully yours, Loyal to Royal.

Hum, gotta say we did not have that experience at all on the Allure In June. We ate there 3 times for lunch and there was only about 5 other groups at any time and kids were few and far between. Will admit we did not go there for breakfast (is it a buffet? Kids fondling food?) or cocktail hour as we prefer the Diamond Lounge for that so we can join my parents so no expereince there. Guess it may depend on how many kids are onboard and how many are in suites or Diamond Plus or above.

BonVoyage

Dawna

There is no way on God's green earth that you could have been on so many cruises and not know that you selected the most kid friendly time of the year---smack dab in the middle of the summer vacation!!!!!!!

Please tell me you were on a 21 day cruise, at least, and I will offer a little bit of sympathy.

Otherwise, you really should have known better. This is precisely why we NEVER cruise in the summer months....7 or 21 days.

Oy vey.

If this bothers you, switch to Celebrity, your points won't transfer but your status does. If you cruise quite a bit you'll accumulate enough cruises to equal your current status long before your rcci status expires on you.

We are just back from the Allure of the seas . the Concierge club in the morning has become a little windjamer, children everywhere fondling breakfast items, spilling juice on the carpeting . and the staff just overwhelmed! well lets try lunch More familys with munchkins running around playing video games with the sound on . oh well Maybe the cocktail hours will be different / no such luck, try having an adult conversation with infants crying . If you say I could always go elsewhere with my 88 royal carribean cruises please, my wife and I have paid our dues . Please restore what once was an Oasis for qualifying guests to enjoy themselves in a quality atmosphere. I know We are not alone on this issue, this is all so the softly spoken words of the excellent staff who can at least go back for some sophistacated moments at central Park 150. respectfully yours, Loyal to Royal.

Sorry for the bad experience. You made me LOL with the statement of "Kids fondling food" (seen too many adults do that as well). Kids are fine to cruise with, just a little supervision would help. I wonder why this happened on your cruise, it doesn't sound normal?

Better pop two bags for this one. :D

I will melt the butter. You know on Oasis they sell popcorn by the Aqua theatre for a $1, but no butter. I wondered if you could sneak some drawn butter out on lobster night and sell it for 25 cents.:p.

Just trying to enhance your cruising experience.

Ok, I am going to take a different approach to your post, versus my other lovely CC members. ;)

I happen to agree that I do not appreciate the change that Royal Caribbean made in allowing underage passengers into the CL during cocktail "hour".

BUT.....

They have ALWAYS been allowed at other times of day. That means that breakfast and lunch have NEVER been off-limit times for the "munchkins".

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this unique to the Oasis Class with it's enhanced CL. I haven't been inside the CL on the Oasis Class and I know all classes allow children now but I don't believe any other class offers as many amenities and therefore attracts more families. Am I wrong?

If you say I could always go elsewhere with my 88 royal carribean cruises please, my wife and I have paid our dues . Please restore what once was an Oasis for qualifying guests to enjoy themselves in a quality atmosphere. I know We are not alone on this issue, this is all so the softly spoken words of the excellent staff who can at least go back for some sophistacated moments at central Park 150. respectfully yours, Loyal to Royal.

I am not sure but perhaps try the Diamond Club. I believe kids aren't welcome there. As for the staff it is too bad that there are so many horrible children as for your statement, but they could be in the real windjammer that is loaded with hundreds of these kids you speak of. I am guessing if given the choice they would gladly pick the CL, even with kids.

We are suite cruisers quickly working our way up the points chart, but no where near 88 cruises. On our last three cruises I think we have spent a combined total of 2 hours in the CL. As for the children I think you better get used to kids in the CL, because I do not see that changing anytime soon, even with the complaints that you will read on these boards. Suite guests want the perks for all in their room so the kids have been included.

On our last cruise we had our son who is 5 with us and he didn't even make it (we didn't take him) to the CL. We had more fun things to do with him than sit around a room getting free goodies that he would find boring. He was also in bed by 8:30 or earlier every night. I still can't figure out what kids are doing out at 10pm or later. It must be a partial cultural thing and perhaps they sleep in late in the morning. Schedules are key for our little guy, and he is much happier while on a routine, holiday or not.

I was also told by the Charmaine on the Oasis that shorts are allowed too in the evening hours. She told me this because she wondered why we never came by espically at night and I informed her that we don't do formal and limited smart casual. On a side note, our neighbor who was in a suite and is a Diamond plus cruiser wore shorts one night to the CL first and all was good. He then continued to the Diamond Lounge and was kicked out for wearing shorts. He lost it, but got it all figured out with some help at the pursers desk.

On a serious note for other options where there are few if no kids, you could get a drink at the Viking Crown Lounge which is really quiet and has great staff. Rafael and his coworkers will take excellent care of you on the Oasis. Also, I have never seen children there in the daytime or evening. If that is to busy the Pinnacle Lounge is even quieter if it is not hosting a private function. It would be just you and your wife though. The door might be shut, but never locked when I checked it. A wonderful room with great seats and large window views on the port side. I know that these are not the options that your 88 cruises got you but if you want fewer or no kids they are options.

It is unfortunate by your observations or opinion the qualifing guests were not enjoying themselves in a quality atmosphere. Perhaps on future cruises you will find the cruisers that you are looking for.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this unique to the Oasis Class with it's enhanced CL. I haven't been inside the CL on the Oasis Class and I know all classes allow children now but I don't believe any other class offers as many amenities and therefore attracts more families. Am I wrong?

I would think you are right. More things for kids to do and more suites on the ship, so there should be more kids in theory. We have only been in the CL on the Oasis class but your theory makes sense. Not sure about other ships, perhaps others can help.

kids fondling food --- so true whenever there is a buffet and little kids....

it's so disturbing what parents permit their children to do... :eek:

have you ever stayed in the concierge level at any of the walt disney world hotels?

watch the concierge lounge buffets there....the kids don't just fondle the food....they pick it up, taste it and then put it back..... yum...

as others have said, the only sure solution you have is to avoid the summer months, as well as any school vacation time during the rest of the year...

and i'm foolishly traveling concierge on the Disney Dream....i should have my head examined... :eek: :eek: :eek:

It is the nature of kids to act like they don't know any better!

Why?

Because it is their parents job to raise them and train them.

When you see bad kids, you are really seeing the end result of bad parenting!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it other than to quit cruising with RCI.

Because it is their parents job to raise them and train them.

When you see bad kids, you are really seeing the end result of bad parenting!

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it other than to quit cruising with RCI.

absolutely true!!!! and there is so much bad parenting!! :eek:

We are just back from the Allure of the seas . the Concierge club in the morning has become a little windjamer, children everywhere fondling breakfast items, spilling juice on the carpeting . and the staff just overwhelmed! well lets try lunch More familys with munchkins running around playing video games with the sound on . oh well Maybe the cocktail hours will be different / no such luck, try having an adult conversation with infants crying .

We were on the week of July 8th and I did not notice bad behavior by the kids. Once, a baby started crying, and the mother took him out. It's probably just the mix of cruisers at the time.

The main issue I have with the decision to let kids into the CL/DL during the cocktail time, is they seem to take over the lounge further reducing the alsready limited number of seats for the rest of us who like to go and enjoy a pre-dinner drink.

During our cruise on the Jewel last month, there was a couple in the lounge every night with a baby who couldn't have been more than a few months old, and who cried and screamed the entire time making it unbearable to be in there.

You would think the parents would have taken the baby out until he/she calmed down, but nooooo, they just sat there ignorning the baby as well as the disgusted looks from the rest of the people in the lounge.

With all of the kids facilities on the ships, there's really no reason why the can't and shouldn't be restricted from the lounges at night. IMHO

I am not sure but perhaps try the Diamond Club. I believe kids aren't welcome there. As for the staff it is too bad that there are so many horrible children as for your statement, but they could be in the real windjammer that is loaded with hundreds of these kids you speak of. I am guessing if given the choice they would gladly pick the CL, even with kids.

We were on the Allure the week of July 8. The letter we received in our stateroom from the Diamond Club stated specifically those under the age of 18 were not allowed during the cocktail hour.

We went by during "breakfast" hours and never once, including us, were there more than four cruisers in the Diamond Lounge. Only a continental breakfast is offered, but that was great for the mornings we did go. Did swing by during the day and even late night for a latte, and it was totally vacant

I think the reason RCCL feels compelled to allow children in the Conceirge Lounge 24/7 is due to it being available to those in suites who are not necessarily D+. It is tough, however, when you have a crying baby or inappropriate behavior from children to which the parents are oblivious. So wish they would be able to post signs stating stating well behaved children and non fussy babies are welcome, but we all know that would go over like a lead balloon. Too bad.

We're not too far away from being D+, but from some of the posts, maybe the Diamond Club is just right for us. ;)

BTW, since breakfast in the CL on Allure and Oasis is not a buffet, how do children "fondle" any food except their own?

Maybe it has changed recently, but the 4 times we sailed on the Oasis class there was fruit and pastries set as a buffet near the coffee. It was in addition to the items that could be ordered.

I personaly dont care if you've been on 188 cruises, If I pay big dollars for my family to stay in a suite you better believe I'm going to enjoy the perks of the CL. I supervise my children but if they want to play their games or giggle and laugh so be it. When they notice old crabby people who think they own the CL I just tell them what I'd tell you. Ignore them.

If the parents can't keep the kids from running around creating dangerous conditions they should stay out. My mother suffered a broken hip by the hands of a 10 year old who was running down the hall and not looking. So do not get on to the OP who is saying to keep your kids in check.....Grow up Parents

If the parents can't keep the kids from running around creating dangerous conditions they should stay out. My mother suffered a broken hip by the hands of a 10 year old who was running down the hall and not looking. So do not get on to the OP who is saying to keep your kids in check.....Grow up Parents

And my mother suffered a broken ankle when an elderly gentleman lost control of his wife's wheelchair on a sloped surface and it knocked my mother over. So keep your adults in check as well.

It is not the age of the pax, it is the pax's behavior

Archived