Asleep at the helm or Live-ish from the Pride

I think that this review has been awesome! Daily menus and activities lists as well as pointing out the good and bad points of the cruise.

I have 3.5 weeks until I fly for Europe, daily updates from Baychilla and, formerly, from Seabourntraveller have made the 7 month countdown to the cruise bearable. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for this review. I have enjoyed reading it, but must be honest and say that half the time I haven't understood a word you were saying!

I apologize for that, at time I may have been overly exuberant with my use of 1337 speak or other internet/dial up bulletin board based abbreviations.

• 1 year later...
I LOVE reading the menus and hope they keep coming.

My next two cruises (the finals on the Pride) we should be seeing the "Presidential Menus" which Im guessing most people haven't seen before. It sounds like part menu and part history lesson of when that menu was served, the President it was made for and the occasion. Hopefully I can get hard copies to bring back and then scan in (as Im guessing you may be seeing those on the Spirit and Legend for their finals).

My next two cruises (the finals on the Pride) we should be seeing the "Presidential Menus" which Im guessing most people haven't seen before. It sounds like part menu and part history lesson of when that menu was served, the President it was made for and the occasion. Hopefully I can get hard copies to bring back and then scan in (as Im guessing you may be seeing those on the Spirit and Legend for their finals).

You start your cruises a few days before our cruise on Sojourn ends. I hope you'll be doing another review. Reading it will be something that cheer me up when I get back home. I suffer with horrid post-cruise withdrawal!

• 2 months later...
No Menus please Baychilla,We all know what food is.

Save yourself for something really interesting.

Since many of us enjoy reading menus and many of you do not, a reasonable compromise seems to be, please continue to post the menus and those who do not wish to read them can simply skip them. What approach would you take to satsfy both sides of the great menu debate?

Since many of us enjoy reading menus and many of you do not, a reasonable compromise seems to be, please continue to post the menus and those who do not wish to read them can simply skip them. What approach would you take to satsfy both sides of the great menu debate?

Sail more often so that you get to know the menus.

Or learn to cook better food when at home :)

Edited by Mr Luxury

Sail more often so that you get to know the menus.

Or learn to cook better food when at home :)

Perfect reply - both options (#1 is preferable, but #2 probably more realistic for most!) :)

BTW, this thread is almost 2 years old, why resurrected?

Perfect reply - both options (#1 is preferable, but #2 probably more realistic for most!) :)

Menus change and many of us enjoy reading them. Why does that threaten you? :)

It does give us an indication of how popular " old menus I have eaten"

have been this last year or so.

I’m not sure if this is a change in policy but the evac drill is on deck and in the safety video and CD announcements they have been very, very, very clear that if you miss the drill (no amnesty for b2b passengers either) – you’re gone, don’t pass go, don’t collect $200.

It's been like that the last two cruises we took, ever since the very unnecessary Costa Concordia tragedy.

Telling everyone that they won't be allowed to sail if they don't turn up is a very good way to get everyone to turn up, however what do you think really happens? As far as I could tell there was always at least a couple of cabins unaccounted for at the roll call. I can't really believe that Seabourn marched them and their bags off the ship. My assumption is always that they received a visit from a member of the crew who gave them a personal extended briefing and a talking to.

Anyone actually know?

It's been like that the last two cruises we took, ever since the very unnecessary Costa Concordia tragedy.

Telling everyone that they won't be allowed to sail if they don't turn up is a very good way to get everyone to turn up, however what do you think really happens? As far as I could tell there was always at least a couple of cabins unaccounted for at the roll call. I can't really believe that Seabourn marched them and their bags off the ship. My assumption is always that they received a visit from a member of the crew who gave them a personal extended briefing and a talking to.

Anyone actually know?

There was the one couple that locked themselves in their room in order to skip muster. They were given the heave-ho. Other than that I think it's a (mostly) toothless threat.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

• 2 weeks later...