• July
    • Aug
    • Sep
    • Oct
    • Nov
    • Dec
    • Non gregorian
    • Space alien or other

Having just read a previous posting on changing cabins birthdays came into the equation and it got me wondering which month is the most travelled one. Yes its a little poll.....and just for those who dont use the use the bog standard gregorian calendar I have put 'other' up and also Im an Alien.......

Have fun !!:):D

I'm not sure I understand the poll. Is it the month I think most people cruise, the month I prefer to cruise, or the month that I have cruised most?

I prefer to cruise in April because spring break is over, kids are in school, snowbirds are going back home, it's not that hot yet, and prices are usually cheaper. However, I can't always get the itinerary that I want in April.

My second choice is to cruise in Sept. or Oct. for most of the above reasons. The itineraries that I can't find in the spring are usually offered during the fall.

I think December or March would be most popular cruise months because they have holidays that kids are out of school.

I've cruised most often in January because I have family members who prefer to cruise then and have gone with them a few times.

Having just read a previous posting on changing cabins birthdays came into the equation and it got me wondering which month is the most travelled one. Yes its a little poll.....and just for those who dont use the use the bog standard gregorian calendar I have put 'other' up and also Im an Alien....... Have fun !!:):D

I checked June, but also wanted to designate July on your survey. Much depends on where you are going and how flexible is your work schedule. Because of my wife's school schedule, summer has been our targeted time zone for past cruises. In the Med (where it gets very hot in July and August, our two cruises there (mid June in 2006 for Greek Isles and Turkish Coast, Athens to Istanbul . . . and last June from Barcelona for Italy and Croatian Coast) worked well with nice temperatures and crowds not too busy. July worked well for the Baltics in 2008 and up the Norway Coast in 2010 as it is cooler up there in the summer.

After my wife retires from school work, we can do Australia and New Zealand in late January-Feb. 2014 when it is their summer down under.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 95,143 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 77,584 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Not only have cruised in October a lot of late, but, weirdly, our cruises have often departed on the 22nd! That's lead to many Halloween cruises. We're being truly radical tis Fall, though. Our cruise departs on the 20th!;)

Not only have cruised in October a lot of late, but, weirdly, our cruises have often departed on the 22nd! That's lead to many Halloween cruises. We're being truly radical tis Fall, though. Our cruise departs on the 20th!;)

Another Halloween onboard! How fun! Any fun costumes this year?

Or is it what month you were born in, since you referenced birthdays?

Since the OP never came back and clarified we still don't know. I took it as what is your birth month and by tallying those numbers to see what (birth) month cruises the most. I was born in July but I prefer to cruise late November or very early December.

Any month with 31 days cruises the most. All ships are utilized everyday unless there is a scheduled dry dock. I don't think there is any month that the ships have scheduled any days off due to lack of customers or itinaries.

Any month with 31 days cruises the most. All ships are utilized everyday unless there is a scheduled dry dock. I don't think there is any month that the ships have scheduled any days off due to lack of customers or itinaries.

I thought he was asking which month we cruise the most.

You would always say one of the Summer months because of vacations times and so on, and that is when so many places are so full of tourists. But then I went and looked at my cruises, and realized out of our 23 cruises, 7 have been in November (Thanksgiving and good time to go with low number of tourists in various cities). I couldn't believe we had that many, and in a few months, we will have 9 out of 25!

Den

Didn't answer this poll. We cruise mostly (now exclusively) December thru April/early May.

I've tried to figure out the point of this poll and cannot. My guess is most ships cruise full most of the time.

OP, please let us know why you are interested in this info?

Archived