Storm heading to Gulf

4x4TX

I am a victim of Katrina too, but I am not going to be a crybaby about it. The OP was just being sarcastic because she wants rain. I joke about Hurricanes too because some times I would just like to get away (evacuate.) Between you Katrina Crybabies and the Gluten free nuts, I don't know what to think of CC.

Hi, newbie here! My husband and I are supposed to leave out of Tampa on Monday on the Paradise, going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I really hope this storm dies out! I called Carnival, they said they rarely cancel and will re route the cruise to different ports or go a different route. Said they will send out an automated call if they have to change the itinerary. I hope they don't end up going to Key West and Bahamas- I have been there so many times. Is it possible they would give a partial refund for not going to the original destinations? GC and Coz is a lot different than KW and Bahamas as far as pricing goes. Love this site, have found a lot of helpful hints on here.

Come on !!! Calm down they didn't mean anything bad! They are just asking for the rain. If you follow the news our farmers are loosing crops left and right. Which means higher food prices for everyone.

QUIT taking it so literally SHEESH!!

totally agree with you... everyone here knows they don't wish anything bad on people... :rolleyes:

Hi, newbie here! My husband and I are supposed to leave out of Tampa on Monday on the Paradise, going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I really hope this storm dies out! I called Carnival, they said they rarely cancel and will re route the cruise to different ports or go a different route. Said they will send out an automated call if they have to change the itinerary. I hope they don't end up going to Key West and Bahamas- I have been there so many times. Is it possible they would give a partial refund for not going to the original destinations? GC and Coz is a lot different than KW and Bahamas as far as pricing goes. Love this site, have found a lot of helpful hints on here.[/quot

we are on the paradise monday too:rolleyes: it looks like it will be around grand cayman on monday so I think we will be ok hopefuly it wont stall that would be bad but who knows what a storm will do one time we went out of Tampa and didnt go any where and we still had a blast I just dont want it to affect coming to port or leaving port so we can get on the ship.:)

I am a victim of Katrina too, but I am not going to be a crybaby about it. The OP was just being sarcastic because she wants rain. I joke about Hurricanes too because some times I would just like to get away (evacuate.) Between you Katrina Crybabies and the Gluten free nuts, I don't know what to think of CC.

Katrina crybabies huh? I do know that most CC members get the facts straight before posting. The OP said nothing about needing rain. OP was just stating the fact that a storm could be heading for the gulf. Maybe you should pay less attenion to joking about hurricanes and pay more attention to what you are writing!

Wow, someone really got off the topic of the post. Anyways, it doesn't look like this storm is going to "crap" out, as another member suggested that it might do. Wishful thinking though, but I don't think that's going to happen. I just hope that anyone that is cruising next week, stays safe. I've been on many cruises, and I've never had a case where the captain doesn't keep everyone safe, so either way.... you'll be going on a cruise. Where you end up is undetermined.

tropicalstorm2.jpg

I truly hope you are saying this in jest. Hurricanes are not something we look forward to here on the Gulf Coast. When we get hurricanes we have loss of life, property and incomes. I hope you get your cooler temps and rain if you need it, but please don't wish this on us.

Thank You. Living in Louisiana and I can also tell everyone here that Hurricanes and nothing to take lightly. Try living for weeks at a time with no running water or electricity which also means no sewer to flush toilets or electricty to run the gas pumps at service stations.. And we are the lucky ones. My neice and nephew lost "everything" when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. It takes years to recover from such losses.

Wow, someone really got off the topic of the post. Anyways, it doesn't look like this storm is going to "crap" out, as another member suggested that it might do. Wishful thinking though, but I don't think that's going to happen. I just hope that anyone that is cruising next week, stays safe. I've been on many cruises, and I've never had a case where the captain doesn't keep everyone safe, so either way.... you'll be going on a cruise. Where you end up is undetermined.

It looks like it's headed further south than where I'll be (Eastern - Grand Turk / Bahamas) but we might get some rocky seas. LET THE SEASICKNESS THREADS BEGIN!

Between you Katrina Crybabies and the Gluten free nuts, I don't know what to think of CC.

I know what to think. I think some folks certainly have their panties in a wad. :D Thanks for the laugh, moondusterr.

For the people who were offended: sorry, no geographic region has a monopoly on disastrous weather events. Loss of life, property, and incomes happens in extreme drought, too. The difference is that ours has happened more slowly (first last year and now this year), but it is no less devastating. You'll know that when your grocery bills skyrocket because of the loss of crops and cattle. I see it every day with the farmers and ranchers here losing what they've worked a lifetime to build.

And for someone to call *me* sick and then say, "Wish you could have experienced just one day in the weeks following Katrina." Takes one to know one, I guess. :)

We sometimes get lucky enough to get the leftover tropical moisture from hurricanes. I'll keep praying for rain and let God figure out how to deliver. ;) Perhaps that wording is more palatable.

AMEN! We've beeen praying for hurricane season to get going in the Gulf. Last summer was the hottest on record for Oklahoma, and this summer isn't much better. :(

Bring on the hurricanes! :)

What a statement . If you were to lose a loved one in a hurricane im sure you will change your tune real quick.

AMEN! We've beeen praying for hurricane season to get going in the Gulf. Last summer was the hottest on record for Oklahoma, and this summer isn't much better. :(

Bring on the hurricanes! :)

You are a sick individual, and that is being nice because there other words that describe you!!!!!

I am officially worried :( We are leaving on the Magic Sunday. Supposed to go to Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel. I am wondering where we would be re-routed to? I am staying as positive as possible, and hoping it does crap out.

When would we be notified of an itinerary change? On board? Do they send messages in advance, if they are certain about a change?

Is it possible they would give a partial refund for not going to the original destinations?

No. Safety of the passengers and crew is the major concern of the captain. Last year we were on the same cruise during Halloween and GC was changed to Costa Maya due to weather conditions around GC. On the plus side we got few extra hours in Cozumel the following day.

Perhaps we should all make peace. I know the poster didn't intend to offend us, but the statement was hard to comprehend after our experiences. I'm sure she doesn't want us to experience devastation so that Oklahoma can get rain any more than we want Oklahoma to burn down to nothing because of the drought so that we can buy cheap hamburgers. I truly hope they get the much needed rain, just not via a hurricane plowing through the Gulf.

Back on topic, do you think there will be cheap last-minute cruise deals to be had because of this storm? Do a lot of people cancel - maybe those with "cancel for any reason" insurance when the Gulf/Caribbean is active?

People won't cancel they can't get back their money and if the ship does go on (which I am positive it will) even with having insurance you won't get your money back so nobody will be cancelling and no discounts will be offered.

I have cruised so many times with my kids when they were in school during summer months, always always every august cruise we had taken generally between aug 1-aug 16 we always had a hurricane at sea during that time and missed ports. It didn't bother us because we been there done it all in fact we love and prefer sea days. I feel bad for those who miss ports but these things do happen unfortunately. No worries at all the ship goes around them their navigation systems are all advanced newest technology and better stuff in these days, you all be fine.

Unfortunately they do not really substutite ports if you should miss one most of the time they don't but on some rare occassions I have heard that happening...changing the western/eastern itinerary, sometimes they will add their out island for substitution...but most of the time its a sea day.

I understand about safety, but we also didn't pay all that we did to go to Key West and the Bahamas, where we have been to several times, 5 for KW, twice to Bahamas. If I wanted that cruise I would have booked that cruise. I understand it's an act of God and not their fault, but it's not ours either. You would think they could maybe offer some onboard credit in good faith. We already have two sea days out of five on our ship, to add another would just defeat the purpose of a cruise. I hope this storm dies out and quick!!

Archived