Hard copy of the new Cruise Atlas

bobpell

This week we received a thick, glossy, gorgeous Uniworld River Cruise brochure for Europe and Russia. DH and I took it onto the porch and sat in the glider together and dreamed over it for almost an hour. If we weren't selling our house and moving to another state we'd be booked on the Tulips & Windmill river cruise next Spring. Now that we know what to look for -- thanks to the Uniworld hard-copy brochure -- we will probably book it for 2014.

Where is your marketing savvy, HAL? Off on a river cruise?

Mrs M

Tnhe new one goes through April 2014.

It is just out within the last month or so.

I know the future cruise consultant on Oosterdam our June 17 cruise had the old Atlas.

That's why I'm asking for clarification of which edition of the Atlas Melodie is talking about. The 2014 version that just came out is known to have been an e-version.

I would like it specified the paper version is also out before I go begging for it.

I can also confirm there is a paper version that goes to 2014 Ruth. :D It has lovely new itineraries and gives us a lot of food for thought!!;)

Thank you, Sher! Just what I wanted to hear. Now, I can go a-begging to get a hard copy. I just love to run my hands over the pages and plan.

That's why I'm asking for clarification of which edition of the Atlas Melodie is talking about. The 2014 version that just came out is known to have been an e-version.

I would like it specified the paper version is also out before I go begging for it.

Yes, Ruth.

There is a paper version of the Cruise Atlas which covers through April 2014 in addition to the e-edition.

Yes, Ruth.

There is a paper version of the Cruise Atlas which covers through April 2014 in addition to the e-edition.

Thanks for the confirmation of Sher's post. That makes both sides of the country in agreement. It must be so! :D

Coast to coast........ :)

and everywhere in between.

Were it not for CC, most of us would not know when there is a new edition etc

It is usually someone returning from a ship who has seen copies of it at the Future Cruise Consultant's Desk who shares the info with us.

Were it not for CC, most of us would not know when there is a new edition etc

It is usually someone returning from a ship who has seen copies of it at the Future Cruise Consultant's Desk who shares the info with us.

Exactly. This thread is the first I've read that mentioned there is a hard copy of the 2014 Atlas.

Wonder if it can be requested on the website? I've found that the Atlas, and formerly the Cruise Planner, were not choices when requesting brochures. Last year it took a phone call, and a lot of begging, to get the hard copy Atlas from Seattle. :(

That should not have to be.

I wouldn't expect it has gotten any easier to get your hands on one. :rolleyes:

I simply cannot understand why they are so resistent to letting us know what they are selling in order for us to buy it.

I understand publication costs are high, postage costs etc but it is the same for other cruise lines which continue to send brochures, at least on request.

It is a cost of doing business and some of us simply are not satisfied trying to jump around their website to find our cruises particularly when we don't even know what exists. You have to enter the proper search criteria and how or why would we if we don't know they added a one week, one time cruise they have not done for years? It was only by accident I learned about it and we and our friends were able to book our suites.

Crazy!!!! IMO

Today, I received from my travel agent, who works for a very well know agency in the state of Washington, a Cruise Atlas for 2013-2014.

As a 4 Star Mariner, my question would be: why was this not received directly from the Mariner Society of Holland America Line?

As a 4 Star Mariner, my question would be: why was this not received directly from the Mariner Society of Holland America Line?

Isn't that a good question. It's supposed to be a perq we get, so it should be sent automatically.

I don't even mind (too much) that it isn't sent to everyone, as not everyone wants it, and it's a waste of resources to send it to those who don't. But there could be a check-off box on our Mariner account to let Seattle know if we want it or not.

And it should come out sooner. End of July/first of August of the year before is short term; April, 2013-2014 isn't all that far away if you're planning cruises.

I, too, can confirm it is real. (2013-2014)

Right after the E version appeared on CC, I e-mailed my PCC to ask if there were "real" ones and where I might find one. She sent it to me the next day.:D

It's so much better for bedtime reading than holding my laptop!:)

Cheers!

Do you think HAL will take note of all the PCC and TA requests for copies for their clients and perhaps make them more readily available for future editions?

They have to imagine there are a fair number of HAL cruisers who want them,,,,,, No?

Archived