Hard copy of the new Cruise Atlas

bobpell

I wouldn't mind it so much if it were a regular pdf file, but it is some kind of other Adobe file that required me to download a new Adobe program, and I don't like how it displays. If they want to go to an e version, at lest make it something that is user friendly.

Just to be clear, is this the one that goes through April, 2014? Not 2013.

Yes Ruth it goes from April 2013 to April 2014

This is the email I got from my TA which I thought was interesting.

"So I got the Cruise Atlas today via FED EX Express. I couldn't believe that a) they shipped it so soon and b) they used Fed Ex!

And then how about this….the package came from a "Nutrition Products" company in Trenton, NJ. Now, I had no idea what was inside and so when I opened it and saw the cruise atlases, I thought, "Wow, how strange??"

Just a little inside look into the strange world that is travel. Ha!"

I sent an email to my PCC Saturday when I read this thread requesting one again. His reply:

"We printed a very limited number of Cruise Atlas’. Everyone in my department received just one copy to use as a reference guide when speaking to our guests. I think we sent just one copy to our travel agent community as well, and there may be a short supply sent to each of our ships. Believe me, I promise you I would send you one if I had any available to send. In fact, I’m pretty frustrated that I can’t. You’re not the only one of my guests that have requested a hard copy of the Cruise Atlas. I’m sincerely sorry."

(Compare this to his previous reply to the same request "Unfortunately, we are not printing the large Cruise Atlas’ anymore. The only way I can provide it to you is in the form of an electronic brochure.")

So I suggested again that he read this thread - clearly what he's saying and CC members' experience are 2 different things (to say nothing of the ever-changing "explanation"). I also sent him the attached screen shot*, taken just now. It really irritates me that one of the very few useful mariner perks has been taken away.

* It uploaded very small - it shows the Annual Cruise Planner as one of the Mariner Rewards for 2* mariners and above.

P.S. I'd like to use it as a reference guide, too.

MarinerRewards.jpg.0e2d8aa3e2a7a0524af3c8d4e0483992.jpg

Now think postive Erewhon, I just ask mine on a whim and look what happened.

I have asked our Travel Agent, but am not hopeful.

When we were on board the Volendam last December, I obtained a copy of the 2012-2013 Cruise Atlas for our Travel Agent,......the only way for him to get a copy.:(

Yes we are looking at other cruise lines.

Hi Ward -- yes we were considering Celebrity -- but now I am not so certain about them.

Krazy Kruizers,

Thank you for your reply.

Hope you find a suitable alternative cruise line.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it were a regular pdf file, but it is some kind of other Adobe file that required me to download a new Adobe program, and I don't like how it displays. If they want to go to an e version, at lest make it something that is user friendly.

Yes, it's annoying that HAL's brochure downloads often are in some artsy-bizarre format meant to be interactive and user-friendly ... well, that works if you're online when you're browsing the download on your computer.

HINT: When you go to download the Cruise Atlas/Planner, scroll maybe 2/3 down the download page to the point where it says something like, "if you're having trouble with the download or Adobe Air, click here for the PDF version." And, you too can have a user-friendly PDF version of the brochure.

I get why the company is so resistant to mass printing of the atlas, but they don't realize that the atlas is a dreamgate which leads to money.

Honestly that is what I take with me anywhere that we'll be beset with down/slow time as it allows me to plan for what/where to go/spend our money. Every weekend @ the pool guess what I crack open and look over?

Austerity doesn't work CCL/HAL, spend it to make it.

Derek

I sent an email to my PCC Saturday when I read this thread requesting one again. His reply:

"We printed a very limited number of Cruise Atlas’. Everyone in my department received just one copy to use as a reference guide when speaking to our guests. I think we sent just one copy to our travel agent community as well, and there may be a short supply sent to each of our ships. Believe me, I promise you I would send you one if I had any available to send. In fact, I’m pretty frustrated that I can’t. You’re not the only one of my guests that have requested a hard copy of the Cruise Atlas. I’m sincerely sorry."

(Compare this to his previous reply to the same request "Unfortunately, we are not printing the large Cruise Atlas’ anymore. The only way I can provide it to you is in the form of an electronic brochure.")

So I suggested again that he read this thread - clearly what he's saying and CC members' experience are 2 different things (to say nothing of the ever-changing "explanation"). I also sent him the attached screen shot*, taken just now. It really irritates me that one of the very few useful mariner perks has been taken away.

* It uploaded very small - it shows the Annual Cruise Planner as one of the Mariner Rewards for 2* mariners and above.

P.S. I'd like to use it as a reference guide, too.

Follow-up - the reply I got:

"I didn’t think to contact my Mariner Society department. Thank you for sending me this email. I called them and the person I spoke to is going to mail you a copy of our latest Cruise Atlas."

So I got what I wanted, what was "promised" as a 2/3/4* mariner, but I feel like I had to beg/demand something that is stated to be a reward. I don't exactly feel like a valued customer.

Picked up a copy of the new Cruise Atlas from my T/A today. I haven't been so happy since I was handed the "Sears Wish Book" before Christmas when I was a kid!

I too will be picking up a copy of the new HAL Cruise Atlas April 2013 - April 2014 edition today from my TC who has reserved a copy for me at her desk! :):D;)

I called the mariners number 5 days ago and asked for the paper copy of the atlas--I got my Cruise Atlas today.

All it took was a call--so I do not know what the big deal is --it was easy to get--pick up the phone and call them for a copy.

BG

I called the mariners number 5 days ago and asked for the paper copy of the atlas--I got my Cruise Atlas today.

All it took was a call--so I do not know what the big deal is --it was easy to get--pick up the phone and call them for a copy.

BG

What is the number, please. :o

1-800-547-9139. I just talked at length to a Mariner Society representative about the Cruise Atlas. She says that this is only the second year they've had the Atlas and that it's designated for travel agents only -- that I must be confusing it with the Cruise Planner (which is listed as a Mariner benefit). I told her that I'd had at least one before, but in all honesty I may have gotten it from a cruise expo put on by a travel agency.

Long story short, she said she would try to get me one. She was very nice, though she kept stressing that travel brochures were going online. I emphasized that that there's nothing like having everything in hard copy vs having to filter your searches, thus missing what you don't know is there in the first place.

I think each one of us should send an old-fashioned snail-mail letter to the head of the Mariner Society asking if they could change their policy and send Cruise Atlases to any Mariner who requests one. Perhaps a hard-copy, signed letter would have a greater impact, just as a real Atlas would.

Here's HAL's address: 300 Elliott Ave W, Seattle WA 98119

Mrs M

Archived