Hard copy of the new Cruise Atlas

bobpell

We returned last week from the 14 day Amsterdam Alaska cruise. The FCC announced during one of her talks that the new Cruise Atlas would be available later at her desk. Before I could to her desk, they were all gone. When we got home I called our PCC and she said she could not get us a hard copy but sent us one by email.

After reading this thread, I called the Mariner Society and they said they would put one in the mail. We shall see. I agree with you Sail and Ruth. It should not be that hard.

And you will remain on the (?permanent) mailing list with 'Oceania', because I have been attempting, thus far, without any success, to be removed from the 'Oceania' mailing list for the last five years! :mad:
So what I would rather have something I don't want, I could always trash it, then not have something I do want!!.:rolleyes:

Hello,

I ran across this thread yesterday by accident and read through most of the posts. I was told last year at AAA in Bellevue, WA by the person who orders all the brochures for their office that HAL told her that the Cruise Atlas was to take the place of the Cruise Planner and most of the other brochures. She had received just a few, and they went out the door very fast. She ordered some more copies, but it took a while to get them, and she kept one for me. They did not receive many. Yesterday, based on what I read here, I was able to download a PDF copy to my computer, and then transferred it to my iPad. The electronic copy is nice, but no substitute for a hard copy. I like a hard copy to be able to fold the pages, etc., to make comparisons. I will try AAA again to see if I can get a copy. And when you look at it, it is aimed at cruisers, not just travel agents. I find HAL service when you call or e-mail to either not having a clue, sometimes rude, or very knowledgeable and helpful, depending upon the agent you get. Seems like they (including supervisors) need some extra training , IMHO.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I went to my local AAA and they did not have any to provide customers,,,,,, or so they said. :shrug:

We do have a copy and because of having given it to DH to read, we booked two more cruises and are waiting to book another set of b-to-b but must wait until the date is a bit closer. That is, afterall, the whole point of publishing this brochure..... to have us book cruises. :) Hard to buy if we don't know what they are selling.

We returned last week from the 14 day Amsterdam Alaska cruise. The FCC announced during one of her talks that the new Cruise Atlas would be available later at her desk. Before I could to her desk, they were all gone. When we got home I called our PCC and she said she could not get us a hard copy but sent us one by email.

We are on that cruise and picked up one yesterday from the FCC. She must have reloaded in Seattle. I also don't recall hearing that they were available, but we haven't been to her talks. She may have learned her lesson!

Hi Paul,

I went to my local AAA and they did not have any to provide customers,,,,,, or so they said. :shrug:

We do have a copy and because of having given it to DH to read, we booked two more cruises and are waiting to book another set of b-to-b but must wait until the date is a bit closer. That is, afterall, the whole point of publishing this brochure..... to have us book cruises. :) Hard to buy if we don't know what they are selling.

Judy, I'm sorry that your local AAA did not have any to provide customers because my local CAA did & that is where I was given a copy, immediately, upon request! :D

I just got an email from Princess promoting their hardcopy cruise brochures. They did give a choice of downloading the specific brochures, or having them mail a hardcopy at no cost, to be received within 7 days.

I did request their cruise atlas.

It's a shame that HAL cannot provide the same service to its loyal customer base.

Hi Paul,

An update: went to AAA yesterday and they still had the previous atlas on display. The receptionist went to the back room and got me the 2013-14, happily, although she said they only had a few. Before my trip to AAA, I also tried by e-mail to get one from the TA I've booked my last two cruises with, and he said he'd try, but they were only for TA's. So, I cancelled my request with him.

Paul

I just got an email from Princess promoting their hardcopy cruise brochures. They did give a choice of downloading the specific brochures, or having them mail a hardcopy at no cost, to be received within 7 days.

I did request their cruise atlas.

It's a shame that HAL cannot provide the same service to its loyal customer base.

I agree ...

• 2 weeks later...
We are on that cruise and picked up one yesterday from the FCC. She must have reloaded in Seattle. I also don't recall hearing that they were available, but we haven't been to her talks. She may have learned her lesson!

I also saw some passengers on the Amsterdam with them. I think you had to ask the FCC directly for them. She did not have them out for anybody to see or take.

Happy you will be getting a copy but a little surprised it was ten days until PCC e-mailed you back.

Happy cruise hunting. :)

MY PCC has weekends off... :p.. so it took him a while.. never the less.. and more importantly... the bottom line.. (and I think you will agree) he came through for me..

I went on HAL's website to the Mariner section and e-mailed them with a request for the 2013-14 Atlas and got one in a week. We are a 3-Star Mariner and have a cruise booked for Feb. 2013 (if that means anything).

Hi thanks for that tip. I emailed yesterday and asked for one, explaining that our local HAL office only has copies of the 2012-13 Cruise Holidays brochure. I got a reply today;

"Thank you for your interest in Holland America Line. Our Cruise Atlas is typically reserved for our travel agents to use as a guide in assisting them with voyages we offer, ship deck plans and other useful information a travel agent would need. The Cruise Atlas has limited, early savings pricing on select voyages. As a goodwill gesture we have placed a copy of the Cruise Atlas in the mail for you. Please allow 1-2 weeks to be received. "

So I'm happy now that one is on it's way.

Hi thanks for that tip. I emailed yesterday and asked for one, explaining that our local HAL office only has copies of the 2012-13 Cruise Holidays brochure. I got a reply today;

"Thank you for your interest in Holland America Line. Our Cruise Atlas is typically reserved for our travel agents to use as a guide in assisting them with voyages we offer, ship deck plans and other useful information a travel agent would need. The Cruise Atlas has limited, early savings pricing on select voyages. As a goodwill gesture we have placed a copy of the Cruise Atlas in the mail for you. Please allow 1-2 weeks to be received. "

So I'm happy now that one is on it's way.

I sent an email to the Mariner email address. I got the exact same reply up to "... we have placed." My email reply says, "As a goodwill gesture we will send you a copy of the Cruise Planner on 09-27-2012." I'm only a 2 Star Mariner so that may be the difference.

After reading this thread, I called the Mariner Society and they said they would put one in the mail. We shall see. I agree with you Sail and Ruth. It should not be that hard.

We got our Cruise Atlas in the mail as requested. We are pleased:)

It's a very nice brochure and hopefully in the future, HAL will plan in advance to have ample copies to send to Mariners and those who request a copy.

Sending us one, sold three cruises and we will be booking another Collectors as the date gets closer.

Over a week has passed and I have not heard anything from my PCC.

Don't give up......

RUCrazy above said it was 10 days when she heard from his/her PCC and ultimately received a copy.

Hope you do as well and that it is soon. :)

Archived