...big clunky cameras, walkie talkies, and netbooks...

Travelnerd44

:o

Random thoughts here...

*my camera is big and clunky but takes excellent pics...but might be a pain in the neck...am i just as good with a disposable (if i lose it or break it ...it wont matter?) type?

* will walkie talkies work on board if you get seperated - or choose to get seperated :p - from your travel companion?

*as for the small netbook...im thinking its a good idea for downloading pics onto so i can reuse my memory card...worth the effort or just invest in more memory cards?

***one more thing...where do you buy the free soda card? Or can i bring my own from home and keep it in the fridge? Every cabin has a fridge right?:rolleyes:

Comments?

1) we take an olympus uTough. It works underwater and we don't worry about dropping the sucker coz it'll be fine. I strongly recommend it or a camera like it, simply because it takes some of the worry out.

2) walkie talkies, you won't really need them. you just say you'll meet at X time and then you meet at that time. it's fine. plus some walkie talkies don't work on the ship/arent' allowed due to interfering with frequency. relax, you're on holiday.

3) not a bad idea, always good to back up your photos. alternatively you could just buy a bigger memory card :)

4) The cruise line usually lets you buy this in advance on their website as you manage your booking :)

Went to an AI this summer and my camera plan is the same for our cruise next year...

Bring DSLR & Waterproof P&S. DSLR will be used in the evenings & mornings while walking around the ship. I'd also take it if our excursions don't go by water.

I'll use the Waterproof when going to the pool, or excursions that involve water. The DSLR gives me the option to change settings to get me the shot I want. The P&S gets me shots I want that might damage the DSLR.

We also brought a laptop. Not to handle emails or anything, but to backup pictures. Sure, extra memory cards are nice for space, but what happens if one of the cards gets corrupted or lost (they are kind of small)? I like having a second independent copy of every image.

I take my dslr, but also a small pocketable camera. That way I have a spare, can let someone borrow the little one in a pinch and have a small camera for those times a dslr are awkward.

I have spare batteries and plenty of memory cards. No longer bring a laptop.

Some walkie talkies work better than others, but a note left on the bed works for us. There are also phones in the room and around the ship and you can leave a message on your cabin phone from them.

I don't drink soda.

There's usually a minibar fridge that the room steward might empty out for you.

Archived