Gratuity Amount for Room Service?

DocRock143

Hi all..I know that gratuitities for cabin stewards, waiters, asst. waiters, etc. are included in Princess charges. However, if you order room service, do you tip these folks individually? If so, what amount would be reasonable and customary?

Thanks!

Alan

Hi all..I know that gratuitities for cabin stewards, waiters, asst. waiters, etc. are included in Princess charges. However, if you order room service, do you tip these folks individually? If so, what amount would be reasonable and customary?

Thanks!

Alan

Yes, we tip them extra in cash (not added to the statement they may bring). I notice that the dollars go immediately into their pocket. We usually bring along a stack of $1 bills as tips for Room Service. We tip according to what we receive; sometimes as little as $2 sometimes $5 or more.

We always get excellent service. But that may be the case also, even if you don't tip.

Room service is included in the daily amount added to your account so tip extra only if you want to.

This is an extra service above and beyond, and in no way should it be considered part of the daily amount.

I can't recall the last time we had room service; if ever. We tip $2.00 when they come to exchange/swap out our Elite setup.

This is an extra service above and beyond, and in no way should it be considered part of the daily amount.

I can't recall the last time we had room service; if ever. We tip $2.00 when they come to exchange/swap out our Elite setup.

No bedtime cookies and milk?!?!:p

WE always tip extra for room service.

But when you think about it, that must be one of the best jobs on the ship (no idea what their base pay rate is), but if everyone gave them $2 each time. Other than the bar people not many constantly get tips. They sometimes have a cart with four different cabin orders on them. Usually they are running around like mad. Think about how many orders they have for just a pot of coffee in the morning.

It should be considered part of the daily auto-tip because room service personnel do share in the $23.00+ each cabin is charged per day for tips. Having said that, I feel tipping is a personal thing, so if any cruiser wishes to tip extra for any service received, they're certainly correct in doing so.

Lew

I know I will get blasted for this, but the reality is that the crew members delivering your room service are the same as the crew members working in the buffet or dining room. They are the same people participating in the same autotip distribution. If they weren't working room service, chances are they would be working in another area. It's not extra duty...it IS their duty. No additional tip is required for room service delivery.

Saying that, we do usually tip $2 or so, but the only time we ever get room service is for a minibar change out ($1) or afternoon tea ($2).

Archived