Port Excursions

twotravel1565

1-We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks.We are on waitlists for many of our first choice excursions. Is this the norm and are do waitlists open up? Any suggestions on how to get our first choices?

2- Any comments/and or reviews on the 4x4 truck tour in Rykevik Iceland?

Hello twotravel1565 and welcome to Cruise Critic...

Waitlists for Princesss excursions may open, but I wouldn't depend on it. You should check for private excursions being organized by fellow cruisers on your Roll Call where you'll meet others cruising with you.

To find the Roll Call for your cruise: click here, then click on the [name of your ship] Roll Calls, then search the list for the embarkation date of your cruise. Click on it for your Roll Call.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Sorry to disagree with you Lew, but shorex do and very often become available. When we left for Europe in June we were waitlisted for two and when we checked into our cabin, tickets for both tours were waiting for us.

This is not the first time it's happened and on other ships as well.

I agree. A lot do open up once on board. Some people book shore excursions on the internet when they open up, which can be 7-8 months before the cruise. They then forget about it until they get on the ship and see the envelope on the bed with all the shore excursions vouchers contained within. They then, in the next day or so, cancel!!!

Sit tight!! And check with the Shore Ex desk when you get on board.

How early do shore excursions open up? On one web booking site our cruise is showing as booked out, and it is 12 months away! So I want to make sure we get on the list to give us some options.

12 months makes no sense. Something wrong there. They usually open up about 120 days in advance, though at times no more than 60 or less. When you say web booking site, what are you referring to? The only way you can book shorex on Princess is through your personalizer.

12 months makes no sense. Something wrong there. They usually open up about 120 days in advance, though at times no more than 60 or less. When you say web booking site, what are you referring to? The only way you can book shorex on Princess is through your personalizer.

Pia,

Alot of things make no sense:D. Our Hawii 4/13 excursions opened up last March while the CB in November just opened up a few weeks ago.

Go figure

Sorry Pia, I confused you totally.. I meant that the actual cruise is showing as being booked out, not the excursions. Which made me think that seeing that excursions get wait listed then as soon as they open up on Princess I should get to booking just in case a large group has booked this cruise and then subsequently take all the spots on the excursions!

But you answered my question anyway, even though I confused the heck out of everyone! :)

Sorry Pia, I confused you totally.. I meant that the actual cruise is showing as being booked out, not the excursions. Which made me think that seeing that excursions get wait listed then as soon as they open up on Princess I should get to booking just in case a large group has booked this cruise and then subsequently take all the spots on the excursions!

But you answered my question anyway, even though I confused the heck out of everyone! :)

OK. So now I'm confused again. Are you saying the Pacific for July 26, 2013 is sold out. I just looked. Ship is wide open in all catagories. :confused:

1-We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks.We are on waitlists for many of our first choice excursions. Is this the norm and are do waitlists open up? Any suggestions on how to get our first choices?

2- Any comments/and or reviews on the 4x4 truck tour in Rykevik Iceland?

please join our roll call. we have lots of private tours booked that you may be able to get in on. the roll call has combined the 26 day, the 12 british isles and the 14 transatlantic.

here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34871668#post34871668

OK. So now I'm confused again. Are you saying the Pacific for July 26, 2013 is sold out. I just looked. Ship is wide open in all catagories. :confused:

I am delighting in confusing you then! :D The site I used, and which I am not able to mention here, has all its prices struck out. And yesterday when I posted, had a notice "sold out" in the search results. But it seems now, that some cabins are available. Hells Bells, I am confusing myself :) Hope that's right, I had visions of a huge mass of people of one interest overwhelming us couples.

I am delighting in confusing you then! :D The site I used, and which I am not able to mention here, has all its prices struck out. And yesterday when I posted, had a notice "sold out" in the search results. But it seems now, that some cabins are available. Hells Bells, I am confusing myself :) Hope that's right, I had visions of a huge mass of people of one interest overwhelming us couples.

1. Use the Princess site to check availability

2. Join your Roll Call

3. ENJOY your cruise. :D

The waitlist actually serves two purposes. First as an actual waiting list for spots to be filled when there are cancellations but also, when possible, if there is enough interest for a particular tour they will arrange with the operator to add another bus or tour guide etc.

I have been waitlisted a few times and have gotten my shorex each time so far, knock on wood.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived