Vatican "Skip the Line" Tickets - Unavailable

Hodgy11

Does anyone know a way to contact Vatican Museum? I can't find any 'contact us' on their web-site.

We are in Rome for only one day, Thursday 27th September (Magic of the Med - HAL) and this date comes up as 'unavailable' and apart from Sundays is the only date I am unable to select. There is only one other Cruise ship in that day and I can't find any information on why the tickets aren't available.

I had booked a private tour with Smart Cruise Tours and have asked them to look into the Tickets for us, especially as they do have a guide available that day.

Any suggestions on where to go next?

Thanks

Peter

Thank you both for the info, I have been very impressed with Snmart Cruise Tours (Julia), she had some difficulty understanding my email, so she rang me today (which was very late at night for her) and is following this up for me. It is possible that the re-selling Agents who are able to buy up tickets for the Vatican Museum, may have bought up all tickets for that date for some reason, but she has connectiosn to get us some.

Here is the e-mail address for help from the museums: help.musei@scv.va

just got my vatican voucher yerterday from ticket italy---for oct 4--they cost 19e each which includes their 6.5 e fee

Something doesn't seem right here - the Vatican Museums entry ticket is 15 Euro, so maybe the fee is only 4,50 Euro? (Unless the re-seller gets the tickets at a slight reduction but adds it back in the fee, I guess.)

I'm curious about the benefit of purchasing this way. If what you receive is a voucher, you still have to exchange that for a ticket at the Vatican, so what is the benefit over getting your voucher directly from the Vatican museums? (With the exception, of course, of the previous poster who is unable to purchase directly for a specific date.)

Edited to note:

The Vatican Museums direct purchase adds a 4 Euro "pre-sales" fee, so there's really no cost difference between the two.

Which then brings me back to asking why use a re-seller? It doesn't seem any easier than purchasing direct from the Vatican website.

I think about the entrance fee for the Vatican as a small (very small, in the scheme of things) donation towards the maintenance and upkeep of one the world's top repositories of art. Unless there is a significant benefit for me (much easier, or faster), I'd rather that the entire amount go toward the preservation of that art than to a reseller.

We intended to get the Vatican tickets in advance and just never got around to it. We were able to go (EARLY), get the tickets and really didn't have the massive line we had feared. As the morning got longer, we would peer out of some of the windows and see that the key was getting there very early. We also might have just lucked up and been there on a day it wasn't as crowded.

To clarify the 38e was for the two tickets @ 15e each along with the pre booking fee of 4e

each---the 6.5 e fee would be added to that--but the actual Vatican voucher (the funds the Vatican gets) would be for 38e------you card would be charged 51e total

Paul

September 27 is World Tourism day, the Vatican Museums are open and free that day. I would assume the line will be long and slow. Info from this site http://goitaly.about.com/od/vaticancity/a/Vatican-museums.htm

I would avoid that day if at all possible! We were in Florence during a free day for the Uffizi last fall and the line was blocks long. We were very glad our tickets were for the previous day.

Was just about to post this info as well, having received advice from Private Tour Operator. Also, Colosseum is also free that day, so will be queues everywhere we go. Unfortunately, this is our only day in Rome, so our view of the Vatican and the Colosseum may just be walking past :(

September 27 is World Tourism day, the Vatican Museums are open and free that day. I would assume the line will be long and slow. Info from this site http://goitaly.about.com/od/vaticancity/a/Vatican-museums.htm

Archived